• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Do you guys get payed for Jury Duty in the states?

The fact that somebody would want to be on jury duty boggles my mind.

You lose money, you potentially get secluded for weeks and having to actually sit on a jury for a murder or child abuse case is super fucked up psychologically.

Oh and if you're on a mob or gang case then your safety is actually not guaranteed.

You lose money, you potentially get secluded for weeks and having to actually sit on a jury for a murder or child abuse case is super fucked up psychologically.

Oh and if you're on a mob or gang case then your safety is actually not guaranteed.

My employer paid. I served on a jury for about a week once and it was terrible. It was a child abuse case, with nothing but he said/she said testimony so yeah, it sucked and I felt terrible afterwards. It ended up being a mistrial.

Megasoum

Banned
My employer paid. I served on a jury for about a week once and it was terrible. It was a child abuse case, with nothing but he said/she said testimony so yeah, it sucked and I felt terrible afterwards. It ended up being a mistrial.

Yeah I heard terrible stories of juror coming out of the trial really fucked up and traumatised.

Tubobutts

I got $15 for being there two days.

Yeah I heard terrible stories of juror coming out of the trial really fucked up and traumatised.

It wasn't so much graphic (thankfully) it just felt like when the trial ended and we were sent to deliberate I literally had no idea of this guy did it or not. Maybe it was just a poor example or a shitty job by the prosecution to bring it to trial, but I felt (and still do) like this guy could have abused his kids, or maybe he didn't. Fuck if I know. It didn't help that some of the other jurors were complete idiots. One of them literally said "There's no evidence but I'm voting guilty because I think he did it". She also suggested that we "compromise" by finding him guilty of one of the lesser charges (which would still require him to register as a sex offender) and acquit him of the other ones. That's when me and another dude were like "That's it, we're out" and basically told the judge there was no reason for us to continue deliberating. Scared the shit out of me to think that someday I might have people like that deciding my fate.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

My job paid for mine (minus the $15 I got from the county), but most don't. It can really fuck people if they have a bad/low wage job.

santeesioux

I got paid $50 for being there for 2 days for all of 3 hours.

Jintor

I was on a drug trafficking jury a few years back. As a law student at the time I found it pretty interesting.

I was only part time working too so no real problems

Megasoum

Banned
lol at Jeff saying as a joke "Maybe I'll tell the story where the police raided my place again"

Flash Forward 2h later "So there was that lady who was stealing change in my bedroom's closet"

haha

Wrestling mixlr
http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann

Has this been noticed yet?

E: ah yeah it has.

2768267-2916603625-rsiTx.gif

Oh yeah, his various "stops" along the way are dumb but fun.

I ended up just popping him in the head from a kind of side alcove and making a run for it. Not much room for shenanigans with the elusives!

I dressed as a priest and went to the top of the church to send Gary the words of the Lord almighty via a silenced pistol.

Lunar FC

I post this all the time and nobody ever agrees with me. But another bomcast with an email from a person with the same name as a current/former duder.

Jefflr listening to that wrestling station was hilarious. He was shocked at the hosts' thoughts.

I don't follow wrestling that much and even I thought it was terrible.

My wrestling consists of the opinions on here, Mixlr, PowerBombcast & recently twitter. I'm more of a UFC guy, dislike that community though.

Scizzy

Ironically, I expect Dan to crush Brad in the Kill Busey Contest because Brad will worry too much about being entertaining and Dan is too competitive to care.

Meneses

Dan has probably created 50 PSN profiles so he can practice and master the Busey target.

Just kidding,
he doesn't need that because he can easily cheat and replay it by reloading the mission under certain circumstances

Meneses

Giant Bomb #24 | That one filled up fast

This gameplay is rather suited to VR.

Oh, Chie from Inaba.

edit: well this QL is a goldmine for OT subtitles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom