• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Man it's so easy to get around with something like a sniper rifle in Hitman, but they still don't grasp the mechanics. All you need is a bodyguard disguise and no one cares what weapons you carry around.

Are you being ironic or has he deleted some posts, because what's on his page now looks a lot like simple truisms to me?

Yeah I don't get it. From an outsider perspective I can only hope Americans are not that stupid to vote for Trump. That this man is a candidate for presidency seems insane to me.

AngryMoth

I wanted to combine these two things...

49U0otC.gif
If the bullet passed straight through Bussey's head then it's also going to hit his body guard in the dick

Why doesn't Brad ever use the gd run button?

also lol that Jeff immediately sees that Brad is trespassing via the minimap, which I'm pretty sure neither Dan nor Brad has ever noticed

okay Dr Beach, the Beach Doctor, cracked me up

Patryn

NMS is clearly going to be Spore all over again. It got way too hyped for its own good, and will likely be a pretty but shallow experience.

I anticipate it will become the punchline to a lot of jokes for the rest of the year, and then be all but forgotten by this point next year.

LiK

I'm watching latest Demo Derby and I swear they played that same Tomb Raider demo in an earlier episode before Jeff joined. I remember it being a pretty painful watch when they were struggling with the controls there as well.

Myggen

I'm watching latest Demo Derby and I swear they played that same Tomb Raider demo in an earlier episode before Jeff joined. I remember it being a pretty painful watch when they were struggling with the controls there as well.

Yeah, that same demo was on another DD.

ArjanN

I thought Jeff was very cautious about NMS.

Yeah, but it's not really like that means anything either way. Jeff has really specific likes, and I don't think it's a type of game Jeff'd be into regardless of it's quality, outside of maybe finding the tech impressive.

Houndi101

Yeah, but it's not really like that means anything either way. Jeff has really specific likes, and I don't think it's a type of game Jeff'd be into regardless of it's quality, outside of maybe finding the tech impressive.
Wasn't he the fan of Terraria at the office only rivaled by Rorie? Which is why he was the first hands on on Starbound..

Myggen

Wasn't he the fan of Terraria at the office only rivaled by Rorie? Which is why he was the first hands on on Starbound..

Those games aren't THAT similar though, are they? I mean NMS and Starbound. But yeah, Jeff went deep down the Terraria for a while.

edit:

2873086-dan+face+window.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

That was when he saw the sniping window in the background, right?
Man, if anybody ever says "Uh Giantbomb are jaded and shit" somebody just needs to show this person the last minutes of the Hitman thing. Or move on and ignore them. Either is fine. When Brad said "This is the best day of my life" he looked so excited I almost believed him.

Edit: Well, the image is called "Dan Face Window" so I'm going to asume I'm correct

Xater

Those games aren't THAT similar though, are they? I mean NMS and Starbound. But yeah, Jeff went deep down the Terraria for a while.

I don't know. Collecting resources, upgrading your ship, exploring a randomly generated space.There quite a lot of similarities. The space combat might the be the biggest differentiator NMS has next to being in 3D.

The controls in Tomb Raider are terrible in hindsight but they struggle so much because they don't know about the walk button (why would you really, a fucking walk button?)

Curufinwe

The controls in Tomb Raider are terrible in hindsight but they struggle so much because they don't know about the walk button (why would you really, a fucking walk button?)

They work fine using the D-Pad.

Watching them play TR is like watching my wife play Dirt Rally - constantly running into things and complaining that the controls are impossible/broken.

Myggen

I don't know. Collecting resources, upgrading your ship, exploring a randomly generated space.There quite a lot of similarities. The space combat might the be the biggest differentiator NMS has next to being in 3D.

I think the whole 3D thing is such a big part of that game, the way you explore, that it's difficult to compare the games. But I get what you're saying.

I'm looking forward to reviews/impressions of No Mans Sky, and I feel like it will be a pretty good game. But that being said, I wonder if a $60 price will make a bunch of people upset, because I could see that game get repetitive if it's randomly generated. I'm sure this has been said before though.

sirap

I'm looking forward to reviews/impressions of No Mans Sky, and I feel like it will be a pretty good game. But that being said, I wonder if a $60 price will make a bunch of people upset, because I could see that game get repetitive if it's randomly generated. I'm sure this has been said before though.

Damn, so glad indie games are super cheap in my country. No Man's Sky on Steam costs like $25.

Proof:

Catvoca

Banned
Anyone remember the idle game Jeff's mentioned on the Bombcast a few times recently? I think it was Tap Titans or Tap Tycoon but I'm not sure.

Xater

I think the whole 3D thing is such a big part of that game, the way you explore, that it's difficult to compare the games. But I get what you're saying.

And I agree. The whole art design definitely tickles my sci-fi sensibilities. I still hope the game will be great, but my expectations are probably lower than from a lot of people.

And I agree. The whole art design definitely tickles my sci-fi sensibilities. I still hope the game will be great, but my expectations are probably lower than from a lot of people.

I'm cautiously optimistic also, but I feel like the hype for many people will result in a major letdown for them. After all it's still a video game created by a small group, but we have a thread titled "No mans sky is 3 weeks away," and threats were made at people when the game was delayed a month or two, so people are definitely going to be let down no matter how good the game is.

Xater

I'm cautiously optimistic also, but I feel like the hype for many people will result in a major letdown for them. After all it's still a video game created by a small group, but we have a thread titled "No mans sky is 3 weeks away," and threats were made at people when the game was delayed a month or two, so people are definitely going to be let down no matter how good the game is.

Depending on the reception it might end up being difficult to parse if people were just expecting too much or the game just didn't deliver. If the reception is universally positive then there is of course no issue.

Xater

Overcooked looks like a fantastic game that would really take off if it had online. I know it's hard but these Indie MP games are not doing themselves any favors without online these days.

KingKong

I would be much more interested in No Mans Sky if the main thing they've shown hasn't been shooting rocks to gather materials to craft items

Brad "Just stop walking you washed up fucking hasbin dog snorting asshole" Shoemaker.

I hope someone mines all the voice lines for later enjoyment after this target leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom