• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

If he died his hair blonde again, Jeff could easily go as Barry Goodman from TMS #FE for Halloween at the GB/Gamespot office. All he would need is a headband and an anime t-shirt.

latest

Kimaka

I'm cautiously optimistic also, but I feel like the hype for many people will result in a major letdown for them. After all it's still a video game created by a small group, but we have a thread titled "No mans sky is 3 weeks away," and threats were made at people when the game was delayed a month or two, so people are definitely going to be let down no matter how good the game is.

A lot of people are expecting the world from this game and are going to end up disappointed. There are still people who think it will be a multiplayer game despite them only showing single player footage and emphasizing how rare it will be to see other people. There will be backlash, but I don't think it will be as bad as something like Spore since the crazy hype has been coming from gamers rather than the developers presenting their game as something it is not.

Overcooked looks like a fantastic game that would really take off if it had online. I know it's hard but these Indie MP games are not doing themselves any favors without online these days.

Yeah games like this do nothing for me. They live in the vacuum of Giant Bomb because they have enough people to actually play it and give it coverage. The videos are good though.

convo

People who are baffled what NMS is, probably have also no idea why minecraft got popular at the beginning. That game also had a lot of appeal because of all the randomly generated terrain that looked cool when you first discovered it. I was super excited when biomes were introduced too. That exploring aspect was really fun for me as a high-school kid. People older than me can't seem to imagine such a concept in the first place. I can imagine like minded players sharing their weird discoveries on boards and be stoked about discovering weird shit.

What i keep thinking about is the generational gap that have entirely different focus points which makes things like minecraft a mystery to them. Terraria has goals and bosses which seem to make a better impression for guys like Jeff.

I feel like NMS is going to have a tough time getting good reviews.

There are also a lot of people waiting to say "SEE TOLD YOU IT WAS SHIT LOL HYPE IS SHIT" on the back of these reviews if it's less than a 99 metacritic.

It definitely looks like my kind of game though so hoping it's actually good.

Chuck

Still without luck
I like that so far they haven't mentioned how Hitman's Busey looks nothing like actual Gary Busey. It kind of looks like how he might look if he didn't do 30 years worth of drugs.

popo

Not saying y'all didn't have the right to post that Busey gif, seeing it all but killed my desire to watch that video though.

Chuck

Still without luck
Not saying y'all didn't have the right to post that Busey gif, seeing it all but killed my desire to watch that video though.

Yeah it's a bummer when people post that stuff when some of us miss it live. Spoiler tags aren't crazy for something like a competition like this video.

Myggen

Yeah it's a bummer when people post that stuff when some of us miss it live. Spoiler tags aren't crazy for something like a competition like this video.

I think the safe thing is to just assume that content will be spoiled, and not open this thread before you've watched the video if you care about that sort of thing. Better to have free discussion about content that's streaming or just gone up for those who are able to catch it early imo.

Dineren

Banned

Even knowing the result, it's still very much worth watching.

I have to admit, this is the first time I'm bummed by the elusive target concept. I killed Busey relatively quickly and it sucks not being able to go back and try different methods.

Even knowing the result, it's still very much worth watching.

I have to admit, this is the first time I'm bummed by the elusive target concept. I killed Busey relatively quickly and it sucks not being able to go back and try different methods.

yeah I don't get why people won't watch something when they see the ending

It's not about the ending, it's about everything else that leads up to it. Especially when it comes to GB videos. The entertainment part doesn't come from Brad killing Busey.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Help me find a specific Quick Look: It was Vinny and Alex and the game was some crappy eastern european horror (?) game from a top down angle. I only remember them walking down corridors and shooting zombies/guards. I think they actually finished the game in the QL.

Edit: Found it thanks to qlcrew. I was also reminded that The Fall exists. We probably will never get Episode 2 for that one, right?

It's not about the ending, it's about everything else that leads up to it. Especially when it comes to GB videos. The entertainment part doesn't come from Brad killing Busey.

No, I get it. There is some joy in learning whether they messed it up or not. The video is still great but if you know the outcome it loses some impact. Like when everybody was shooting at Brad and you know he will survive it (though you can probably guess that by the lenght of the video). That's why I watched the video before visiting this forum again. I don't think anybody can be blamed for talking about it though.

Houndi101

Anyone else having problem with log in to Playstation Network account on their website? Captcha keeps accusing me of being a robot and is starting to have me convinced.

Agreed, I saw the ending in here first because I missed it live but it was still very much worth watching. Easily one of my favorite recent GB videos.

justjim89

Just now watching Kill Busey. Haven't finished yet, but I've a few thoughts.

1. This format is great, and they should do it for all Elusive targets in the future.

2. Jeff is a great addition to the HitDan team. Also, he seems like he'd be better at Hitman than Brad or Dan.

3. I don't think Brad or Dan know that you can climb pipes.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If Dan took a remote controled mine with him instead of a proximity one he would have won this
maybe there's tennis in it. infinite ping pong balls.

I'M pretty sure if you play long enough you can find every game in No Man's Sky

No, I get it. There is some joy in learning whether they messed it up or not. The video is still great but if you know the outcome it loses some impact. Like when everybody was shooting at Brad and you know he will survive it (though you can probably guess that by the lenght of the video). That's why I watched the video before visiting this forum again. I don't think anybody can be blamed for talking about it though.

Eh, I disagree. It's more important knowing how they got their then just the conclusion itself without context. Seeing the ending of something, without the context surrounding it, is really nothing. It's the context that makes something enjoyable, in this case knowing how Brad got to where he did. Especially in the hitman video for Busey, after a while it becomes obvious that brad is going to be able to kill Busey.

popo

I think the safe thing is to just assume that content will be spoiled, and not open this thread before you've watched the video if you care about that sort of thing. Better to have free discussion about content that's streaming or just gone up for those who are able to catch it early imo.

Well first of all it wasn't discussion - it was a gif. You can gloss over text spoilers if you want to avoid them, hard not to notice a gif.

Second, posting the one important shot from a premium stream that just ended is a bit much IMO. I am aware that is my problem though, was just saying I didn't really appreciate it.

ultron87

The versus in Overcooked looks awesome, especially with being able to steal ingredients and plates and stuff, but being able to stun lock the other chef looks game ruining. Like if you can just get slightly ahead and then grief the opponent so they can't score that is incredibly bad. Hopefully that isn't what is intended.

popo

Eh, I disagree. It's more important knowing how they got their then just the conclusion itself without context. Seeing the ending of something, without the context surrounding it, is really nothing. It's the context that makes something enjoyable, in this case knowing how Brad got to where he did. Especially in the hitman video for Busey, after a while it becomes obvious that brad is going to be able to kill Busey.

I think you meant to say "for me, It's more important knowing how they got their then just the conclusion itself without context". People have different thresholds of what spoils it for them.

Not saying | will not watch the video eventually but in a competition, showing a gif of the ending is important to some people. It totally had context.

I think you meant to say "for me, It's more important knowing how they got their then just the conclusion itself without context". People have different thresholds of what spoils it for them.

Not saying | will not watch the video eventually but in a competition, showing a gif of the ending is important to some people. It totally had context.

Context in what though

You don't know how Dan did
You don't know if Dan was faster
You don't know how Brad go there
You don't know what Dan did or how he approached it
You don't know how Brad originally approached it
You missed all the banter between them

It's like to me, that stuff is more important. That stuff is what makes something viewable. If I saw the ending of a video, I would shrug and still watch it because that's only 1 point out of 20. It's always funny to me that if someone knows 1% of something, that they'll get angry for knowing that 1% even though it's such a minuscule part of it.

justjim89

That was such a great Hitman video! I'd say that surpasses even #TeamBrad as Brad's greatest moment on the site. So glad to hear they'll be doing more of it. Jeff kinda makes the whole thing, too. I'd love for him to try some Hitman.

Salarians

Help me find a specific Quick Look: It was Vinny and Alex and the game was some crappy eastern european horror (?) game from a top down angle. I only remember them walking down corridors and shooting zombies/guards. I think they actually finished the game in the QL.

Edit: Found it thanks to qlcrew. I was also reminded that The Fall exists. We probably will never get Episode 2 for that one, right?

Batteries is such a hole? Well, I'll do find a use for them.

I forgot about The Fall too and I only just played it last year when it came to PS4. Looks like the last update to the developer's blog was in January. :(

FStop7

Banned
That was such a great Hitman video! I'd say that surpasses even #TeamBrad as Brad's greatest moment on the site. So glad to hear they'll be doing more of it. Jeff kinda makes the whole thing, too. I'd love for him to try some Hitman.

This is how I felt about the Circumscientist video. That finish and escape was so funny.

popo

Context in what though

It's like to me, that stuff is more important. That stuff is what makes something viewable. If I saw the ending of a video, I would shrug and still watch it because that's only 1 point out of 20. It's always funny to me that if someone knows 1% of something, that they'll get angry for knowing that 1% even though it's such a minuscule part of it.

All correct for you. This is fact. It is like I can enjoy a football match if I know the score, but for many that would kill any enjoyment they got from the game. Not everyone is the same.

I do not usually care about spoilers but in this case it put a downer on the video for me - and it being a gif meant I could not avoid it easily. Not saying that it was wrong to post it - just that I was disappointed.

Anjin M

Arguing about how someone reacts to spoilers is pointless. Some people are okay with them and some people are not.

But this is a thread specifically for discussion of Giant Bomb and its content. Spoilers are to be expected.

I know I stay away at Mario Party Party time so that I can experience the ending unspoiled.

it's completely insane to expect people to either not talk about or spoiler tag everything related to live shows. just stay out of the thread if it bothers you.

I was just joking any how. I don't really have much a problem with them, sometimes a good gif will actually make me watch a video I wouldn't otherwise.

FStop7

Banned
I like that so far they haven't mentioned how Hitman's Busey looks nothing like actual Gary Busey. It kind of looks like how he might look if he didn't do 30 years worth of drugs.

Gary Cole didn't look like Gary Cole, either.

I feel like maybe they had a grander plan for the Busey/Cole thing but changed it up. That "I have the power of invisibility" line seemed like more than just a throwaway. Like maybe the concept was for the mission to get very odd and funny, but for whatever reason it ended up being straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom