• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be because I missed it's first showing on UPF but I didn't really get a handle on what they were actually doing during that Overcooked QL - and no real explanation was given.

That QL was my first time seeing the game too, what didn't you get? They were just making the orders as they came up in the corner of the screen.

edit: sorry if that sounded condescending, not intended

#NotAllWrestlers

16268%20-%20Raw%20gillberg%20wwe.png

Indeed.
qpxHuWD.gif

The versus in Overcooked looks awesome, especially with being able to steal ingredients and plates and stuff, but being able to stun lock the other chef looks game ruining. Like if you can just get slightly ahead and then grief the opponent so they can't score that is incredibly bad. Hopefully that isn't what is intended.

This is one instance where being local multiplayer only works in the game's favor since I'd probably establish a house rule of "no stunlocking" in that situation. Stealing shit and accidental collisions are fine, but abusing the stun feature seems broken as hell.

KingKong

here's an idea: have a show that's just about people pushing themselves to the limit any way they can through steroids and all kinds of chemicals and drugs and then have them compete in various sports and activities

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This dude is in the WWE in 2016
ff5afd49ab26af3fb4abc8c36b3a9f28_crop_north.jpg

when you think about the road schedule they work, the constant pain they're in and that they can still manage to fit in trips to the gym?... vince ain't fooling anybody. it might not say STEROIDS on the bottle, but they definitely ain't natty.

Saligia

Neo Member
Does anybody know what music Jeff was listening to on the Mixlr this morning? It was one of the Sirius channels with Gorilla vs Bear but I didn't hear any track or artist names. It was super chill and I kind of dug it. If anybody recognized the songs, I'd appreciate it, please.

Saligia

Neo Member
Does anybody know what music Jeff was listening to on the Mixlr this morning?

To answer myself, the episode was up on the Jefflr so I could listen to it from the start. One of the tracks was called AHB by SURVIVE (which is apparently the theme song for that show Stranger Things they talked about on the Bombcast).
And Shazam says that the other song was YR LOVE by HOLY OTHER.

Lots of needlessly capitalized titles but neat music.

fleck0

Wow HitDan upgraded to it's final form! Still haven't seen the ending, I want to believe Brad will pull this off...

edit: don't spoil yourself!
Oh man best ending, and now I can read this thread again

I love that Jeff always stands up for the Genesis sound chip.

Fuck yeah Jeff.

As someone with no nostalgia for any of the 16-bit consoles (it felt like that whole generation was almost skipped here) I definitely agree with him on the SNES sounding bad. I'd take SMB3's soundtrack over SMW any day, for example. Of course there's some good stuff on the SNES too. In general I think the SNES sounds better when it's not trying to be particularly videogamey - I'm a sucker for lower quality choir sounds so watching a friend play Jurassic Park Part 2 last night was a treat.

Genesis'Mega Drive's FM chip basically allows for pro quality synthesis so of course it sounds great.

Cronen

Hey GB GAF!

My premium sub expired in April, and I've only just now been able to re-sub. Is there any essential premium stuff that I should tune in to? I will catch up on VinnyVania as I have all of Bloodlines to watch, and there's a GameTapes too, but any other recommendations would be great!

Edit, oh and I know I need to catch up on MPP6 too!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hey GB GAF!

My premium sub expired in April, and I've only just now been able to re-sub. Is there any essential premium stuff that I should tune in to? I will catch up on VinnyVania as I have all of Bloodlines to watch, and there's a GameTapes too, but any other recommendations would be great!

Hitman! Hitmanhitmanhitmanhitmanhitman
Hitman

Myggen

Hey GB GAF!

Edit, oh and I know I need to catch up on MPP6 too!

All the Demo Derbies, Game Tapes, all the Hitmans, LoL Ninja Gaiden, It's a Puroresu Party! (5/04/2016), the UPFs that interests you (Unprofessional Fridays: 07/08/2016 is especially good).

We Happy Few reminds me of the lovingly put together food you see in promotional images and advertisements for McDonalds. The actual game is the slop you end up with in a greasy bag.

Xater

When I look at the we Happy Few trailer I think I will get a Bioshock or Deus Ex like experience. I learned early on that the game is basically just another open world survival game. That's where my interest died.A shame about that cool scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom