• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentbum

Neo Member
The banner beneath this stream says "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Friday. Will you walk with us?"

I've got a feeling he's gonna do the RV trip and end up moving to NY to join GB East.

daydream

Banned
what a crazy ending

Bt1zyu-IQAAAbNJ.png

silentbum

Neo Member
Dan also posted about how much he loves a video of two wrestlers moving up from the NXT league to the main roster. Could that be him foreshadowing a move to GB East? Gah, the uncertainty is making me stretch in every conceivable way.

Zaph

Missed upf, but if Dan's leaving I'm gonna be so pissed. Gbeast is okay but their joke of a studio space means nothing fun ever happens.

yami4ct

on the real though Dan permanently leaving the SF office would be the worst single thing you could do to the site at the moment so I'm scared

If the other members stepped up and picked up the content slack, him moving coasts wouldn't be that bad. Since that won't happen, though, it would suck.

It's not really quick turnaround for the RV trip. We have a guy with a job that only requires an internet connection and a camera joining up with a guy who just left a job, prob with a executive severance package, not yet an employee of Iron Galaxy, and with lots of connections.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
can someone give me the cliffnotes version of why the Dan leaving conversation is happening?

pirata

Man, this is crazy. That flash of Run GFB at the end seems to indicate that this might actually be that RV trip they talked about at E3. Is Dan permanently moving to GBeast? He is still listed as senior editor on his Twitter...

No way would Brad be cracking up like that if Dan were leaving Giant Bomb.

can someone give me the cliffnotes version of why the Dan leaving conversation is happening?

Dan and Jason got into a shoot argument about who is better at fighting games, but the shoot became a work and now jabronie marks are working themselves into a shoot.

Loser leaves town SFV match between him and Jason on UPF
Jason wins, Dan "leaves" the office
Cue pre-recorded video of him packing his shit and walking out onto the street (with a brief Run GFB transition as it faded to black)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, this is crazy. That flash of Run GFB at the end seems to indicate that this might actually be that RV trip they talked about at E3. Is Dan permanently moving to GBeast? He is still listed as senior editor on his Twitter...

Brad hates Dan confirmed

Not to mention that would be a shitty way to leave the site. No way he's leaving GB.

Zaph

Loser leaves town SFV match between him and Jason on UPF
Jason wins, Dan "leaves" the office
Cue pre-recorded video of him packing his shit and walking out onto the street (with a brief Run GFB transition as it faded to black)
Okay, this gives me faith it's the RV thing.

I just hope it doesn't end with a "surprise, I'm staying in NY"

I mean, Dan heading to NY would just mean that the new editorial hire would end up at GBWest, so that could be exciting in its own right
I dunno. The odds of GB finding another immediate content driver is slim. Dan is literally one in a million.

on the real though Dan permanently leaving the SF office would be the worst single thing you could do to the site at the moment so I'm scared

Dan leaving the site is the worst case scenario right now, going East isn't far behind though you're right.

He wouldn't be a good fit on the Beastcast IMO. And Drew and Jason help him bring out the crazy.

Thinking about it for a few minutes, the odds are on this being the RV trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom