• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
Im sure this "storyline" is well-intentioned but Austin leaving is probably still too raw for this to be as exciting as it might normally be otherwise.

I would usually love all of this and actually prefer things be done in a fun "storyline" way but right now I have to agree. I understand Giant Bomb is just a job but anytime anyone leaves I get super bummed out for a long time.

I don't think Ryckert is really leaving otherwise it wouldn't have been presented like that but damn.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
To be serious for a moment, it's pretty clear that Dan is not leaving GB. If he would they wouldn't handle this in this "Oh, what is going to happen?! Stay tuned!" kinda way. It's probably this RV thing you guys keep talking about and it's possible he ends up in NY afterwards. Maybe, maybe not.

Rainmaker

Banned
Jeff has said before that he wanted to do an NWO-like takeover thing where GB just showed up on a Gamespot stream after they had been bought out and that would've been sick.

Also, Brad not shaking Dan's hand was a great moment.

Myggen

Well, Brad and Dan did talk about future plans for Hitdan on that latest Hitman video.

Unless that was also part of the plan.

Anyways, time to go to bed.

those barbers were completely within their right to shoot jeff's cut request down at 8:20 if there were already three people waiting

I agree with dan. team barber.

edit: also one of you said they went to a pokemon tcg prerelease event recently, was it fun? Thinking about going to one. I used to go to them in the Ruby/Sapphire days and had a blast.

Zaph

I'm not sure this is as enjoyable for the viewers as they think!

Hope it all works out good!
Yup, if Dan is moving to NY they should just say so and not leave us hanging until next week. Its not cute given the state of GB (Dan being the main West content driver, Austin just leaving).

Hitman becoming a competition makes even more sense though. That format can easily work cross coast.

Or ya know. Maybe Dan is moving to Oakland and he will be on the bombcast next week

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't worry, if Dan goes to GBEast, we'll get plenty of content like Bombasticas, Jar Time, Old Game Shows and other regularly updated non-Dan content
giphy.gif

Myggen

Also, the mods on the site don't know what's going on. IIRC they knew about Patrick and Austin leaving a little while before us.

I dunno.

Maiorum

At the end of Kill Busey, they said that they'd be doing more elusive challenges in the same format. Now, it's certainly possible that something cropped up in the last handful of days, and it's possible that Brad and Dan can still compete coast to coast, but I'm betting this is something temporary. I'm gonna say it's going be the RV thing, and things will be back to normal after that.

I wonder if the email from Dan that Aaron Trites mentioned on Twitter was about him making a "return" at PAX -- though a month is a long time for him to be gone for just a stunt.

Myggen

I wonder if the email from Dan that Aaron Trites mentioned on Twitter was about him making a "return" at PAX -- though a month is a long time for him to be gone for just a stunt.

Don't underestimate what that man is willing to do for a stunt.

I really need to go to bed.

robotrock

Banned
Hi I haven't watched UPF yet but Dan moving to NYC is an amazing idea that would be brilliant for the Beast team. Bakalar+Vinny+Alex+Dan sounds like a FIRE team.

love giant bomb so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom