• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddified

I'm just putting this out there, Danny got married and now Dan is leaving?

Or maybe Gal Gun scared Dan so he can no longer enjoy working with Jeff.

Odrion

Banned
he'd be a bad fit in GBEast and he's not the person you want to hire to fill in the void Austin Walker left

also doing that would still leave GBWest in a really really really poor state

GBeast certainly needs some revitalization, but I don't want it to be Dan. Dan's too intrinsic to the West site at this point, don't sap it of the last enthusiastic voice.

I always save UPFs for Saturday but managed to see what the fuss is about on here after looking at twitter. That was incredible. Truly the Hideo Kojima of UPFs. Can't wait to watch it all tomorrow. Also, stop being blanks, y'all.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What if Vinny moves back to SF and he and Jeff immediately start an ER for that game you always wanted to see them playing and GBeast hires that person you always wanted to see at GB though?

he'd be a bad fit in GBEast and he's not the person you want to hire to fill in the void Austin Walker left

GBEast needs a straight man. Brad and to some extent Drew do a good job of playing off of Jeff and Dan's over the top personalities and antics. I'm not sure GBeast has that person. On podcasts it feels like they are all turned to 11.

Largo

In retrospect, I liked that Dan grabbed a handful of Pogs to take with him, but didn't like that I saw Jason filming him as he left, because Jason doesn't teleport that we know of.

Rainmaker

Banned
I love that Dan's computer was just on a bunch of pictures of Mantaur

But yeah, GB will be losing too much if Dan leaves GB West unless the new news person is immediately awesome like Austin was. Hopefully it's just the RV trip. I don't want to see Dan leave for good.

Scizzy

I really want to believe that Dan takes his Money in the Bank briefcase with him to and from work everyday like a real business person.

Tubobutts

What if Vinny moves back to SF and he and Jeff immediately start an ER for that game you always wanted to see them playing and GBeast hires that person you always wanted to see at GB though?
Vinny goes back west, Dan goes East, Austin is rehired but this time on the West coast. GBWest is amazing and GBEast is an Alex and Dan wrestling nightmare.

hamchan

In retrospect, I liked that Dan grabbed a handful of Pogs to take with him, but didn't like that I saw Jason filming him as he left, because Jason doesn't teleport that we know of.

Jason was so excited that after UPF he waited outside the CBSi building to mock Dan one final time by filming him leaving.

Tagyhag

I have no clue what's going on, that's what I get for being at work.

But if Dan really is leaving, it'll be a shame, he brought a lot of energy into GBWest.

If he goes to GBEast, it'll be neat, but he won't fill the hole that Austin left. It'd be like trying to fill a triangle hole with a circle.

And if he does, no more Mario Parties except for when they do PAX. :[

NightOnyx

Yeah, I like East feeling different then West. Austin brought a unique view and taste of games that meshed well with Alex and Vinny. I am a big Dan fan, but his type of content works better with West. Speaking of which, I think Dan deserves a lot of praise for how much content he has created for West, and how many different series he's done. So I definitely dont want him switching coast, but I'd totally be down for a RV trip though.

NightOnyx

Don't know how well Dan meshes with GBeast. On the flip side it's an opportunity to freshen up GBwest.

I don't think West needs freshen up, but that's just my opinion. All the on going series are fantastic, most of which involve Dan. East obviously needs someone else, but I dont think moving Dan over is the best solution.

Project B.E.A.S.T. 2 will be interesting to watch.

Up, Up and away!

dqFMKNx.png

Myggen

Has anything been confirmed either way? Wasn't able to watch UPF. On the subreddit the mods are teasing that Dan's AMA next Tuesday is related to this.

Tagyhag

I don't think West needs freshen up, but that's just my opinion. All the on going series are fantastic, most of which involve Dan. East obviously needs someone else, but I dont think moving Dan over is the best solution.

Agreed, especially because then someone would still have to go to GBWest.

Tagyhag

No more Demo Derby with Dan.

I hate it when they leave us hanging like this lol.

At least with Austin it was like a quick band-aid!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im sure this "storyline" is well-intentioned but Austin leaving is probably still too raw for this to be as exciting as it might normally be otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom