• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they are doing some weird shit, but Dan going to East permanently would cripple West and kinda mess with East's vibe.

I hope to be wrong though! they've earned my trust to do weird shit and have it work out!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe Dan's GF has a gig in NY and they are moving there?

jambo

Jeff on vacation next week so Brad, Jason & Drew Bombcast.

I love that Jeff is just completely ignoring the Dan stuff on Mixlr :lol

Oh yeah, the guy who paid 1200 dollars or whatever for no man's sky. he wrote a big post on reddit explaining himself, but the explanation was basically just "I am very wealthy and spent 1200 dollars for an early video game because I can."

Kyou

Jeff referring to Dan in the past tense when answering questions on his mixlr

"Drew arrives early"
"Dan would also arrive early"

GAF will have a breakdown.

I mean

People should have realized what kind of game it's going to be since we started getting details. A minecraft/terraria esque game sans the building, focused on the exploration in a sci-fi setting.

He said that there messaging hasn't been clear so people might be expecting something it's not. He think it's a survival game in space and he is looking forward to it.

I see, yeah. I always pegged it as a survival game in space. Wonder what impressions people got out of it?

Are they still doing the stupid five star wanted system? Because that single-handedly turned me off the game.

I don't think I've seen a five star system? Under your healthpack there are what appear to be crosses..which are more reminiscent of like, health pack icons.

I was going to post this earlier:

jP5tZvw.png

So, context is Greg was checking in on the construction of Kinda Funny's new studio, which is close to where Dan lives. They won't be moving into it until late August or September (if all goes well). That tweet makes it seem like Dan's not going anywhere.

Man. I really hope I'll be able to watch next week's Bombcast live to see the resolution of this storyline.

I'm going to make a prediction and say this whole thing is an elaborate shoot for PAX Wrestling (perhaps combined with Dan moving to GBEast and/or the JV Road Trip). Aaron Trites mentioned on Twitter that Dan sent him a 'totally bonkers' email this afternoon. On top of the GFB plug at the end of the stream, this seems like some prime wrestling bullshit.

Dan seems like the kind of guy that would want his actual exit to also be a wrestling themed thing so I dunno. Hopefully it's nothing but the anxiety is bumming me out.

Megasoum

Banned
I mean Dan keeps repeating everywhere that GB his pretty much his dream job... I really don't see him leaving.

Going to the east coast would make sense considering that he went there recently (HR Interview) and his girlfriend is from New Jersey.

TraBuch

Banned
That's from a while back though. The 26 minute video that got recorded today did have a sentinel attack, the player, but there was no star accruing ~
Oh, I misunderstood you. Thought you were saying you've never seen a five star system in NMS, but I guess you were saying you didn't see any system in the most recent videos?

Oh, I misunderstood you. Thought you were saying you've never seen a five star system in NMS, but I guess you were saying you didn't see any system in the most recent videos?

Nah. He did have a sentry attack him(NMS Spoilers for the 26 minute video? @_@), but it didn't summon more sentries nor was there any system that lit up as if he was in danger(Like GTAs system).

It's possible that the crosses were the 'warning system', but they were below his health, looked like medkits, and next to a shield icon(I'm assuming that meant the players shield.) Also, the life support in the inventory had crosses like the 5 under his health(Shield?)

And he was gathering alotta resources, and no sentries popped up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom