• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to post this earlier:

jP5tZvw.png

So, context is Greg was checking in on the construction of Kinda Funny's new studio, which is close to where Dan lives. They won't be moving into it until late August or September (if all goes well). That tweet makes it seem like Dan's not going anywhere.
You mean he joins Kinda Funny. Perfect timing for a new studio

Shane86

Dan skipping everything in the We Happy Few QL pissed me off "You seen this at E3 already right Brad?" Maybe the thousands watching the video didn't.

popo

I really don't like the continued influence wrestling has on the site. You would think that PAX nonsense twice a year would be enough for them to get it out of their system.

Also, this thread is full of gullible babies 😁

Myggen

I'm starting to believe the poster who said here that Dan would "join" GBE for a month while they're on vacation in NY or something like that, and switch back to GBW as part of a story at the wrestling event at PAX. Trites' tweet, the RUN GFB stinger at the end. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

This reminds me of the time I really cared about wrestling and would just post crazy theories with no factual basis on message boards all the time.

Dan skipping everything in the We Happy Few QL pissed me off "You seen this at E3 already right Brad?" Maybe the thousands watching the video didn't.

Yeah, that was weird. I hadn't seen any of that, and Dan kept going on about how awesome the beginning narrative stuff is, but how shit and alpha the open world stuff is and just skipped through the thing they both kept saying was the bit with the most promise as if Dan just couldn't wait to complain about the rest of it.

Edit: It's a shame that this 'The actual game is an open world survival game, we didn't know that!' is the 'narrative' that has been slapped on this game, like 'what do you actually do in No Man's Sky?'. Okay, so you didn't know what the game was and now you do - get over it. That was pretty much the entire throughline of the video - were they not expecting any story setup at the beginning of the game? If it was at full release, I could maybe understand it a bit more, but at this stage it's clear the thing is nowhere near finished.

FStop7

Banned
I really don't like the continued influence wrestling has on the site. You would think that PAX nonsense twice a year would be enough for them to get it out of their system.

Also, this thread is full of gullible babies 😁

Real talk, I went into a Hot Topic because I needed a band shirt for a thing at work. It hit a little too close to home. Band shirts, wrestling shirts, Nintendo merch, funko pops, juggalo makeup, anime, and memes.

Yeah, that was weird. I hadn't seen any of that, and Dan kept going on about how awesome the beginning narrative stuff is, but how shit and alpha the open world stuff is and just skipped through the thing they both kept saying was the bit with the most promise as if Dan just couldn't wait to complain about the rest of it.

I can see why they'd do that though, if they've talked with the developers and that "cool story stuff" is only going to be the very beginning of the game, and the supermajority of the game is going to be the open world stuff. In that case you'd want to focus as much of your QL as possible on the actual game that people will be playing. The game may be super-alpha, but it doesn't sound they can pivot so the first 5 minutes of the game suddenly becomes the template for the rest of the game.

Xater

Why? It's the same shit that MS showed during their press conference. It's one of the most widespread gameplay videos spread during E3 and lots of people talked about it. I was glad they skipped that part and actually showed what the game is. If you need to se it "We Happy Few E3" in Youtube works wonders.

Myggen

On the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast Jeff was on he said that him and Dan are talking about what to do next that`s similar to the roller coaster video... so take that as you will.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
On the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast Jeff was on he said that him and Dan are talking about what to do next that`s similar to the roller coaster video... so take that as you will.

Maybe they are planning....an east coaster video

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week

Quenk

Maybe I'm crazy but I thought I heard Dan say something about his mom being there so I assumed he was taking the week off to hang out with her.

Meneses

I want them to decorate the new set, blank walls and colored lights is 2 corporate 4 me. At least put that dope metal sign up somewhere.

They did mention they wanted to decorate the podcast room too but needed Facilities people to do some stuff there, I assumed it was for the sign - which might be a wrong assumption.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dan: "..alright.. so you need me for the bombcast on tuesday..?"

Jeff: ".. Get out."

I lost it

Blablurn

Why? It's the same shit that MS showed during their press conference. It's one of the most widespread gameplay videos spread during E3 and lots of people talked about it. I was glad they skipped that part and actually showed what the game is. If you need to se it "We Happy Few E3" in Youtube works wonders.

Agreeing with Xater here

Zaph

So, if the worst happens and Dan is leaving for the east coast, can we at least agree on a title change to

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Midnight Cowboy...

If for some reason you haven't seen it:

Ef4RQdA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom