• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats because Jason is going to join Dan on the east coast eventually, and Vinny will move back west for the Persona 5 endurance run.

As weird as it sounds, I'm kind of excited for Jason without Dan. Much of what he does seems to involve Dan and whenever he is livestreaming (Extra Life, etc...) the majority of the questions he gets seem to be about working/dealing with Dan. So I'm looking forward to him without Dan in the picture.

As weird as it sounds, I'm kind of excited for Jason without Dan. Much of what he does seems to involve Dan and whenever he is livestreaming (Extra Life, etc...) the majority of the questions he gets seem to be about working/dealing with Dan. So I'm looking forward to him without Dan in the picture.

Yeah, and sometimes his frustration with Dan is palpable, which can sometimes become grating to watch/listen to.

popo

Bianca's having trouble adjusting to SF, so Dan moving to GBEast does make sense (assuming this isn't some joke)

What are they doing right now?

Bob.jpg

Tubobutts

The world is too cruel a place for Jason to ever be free of Dan.

Meneses

Lost in all this hubbub is the fact that there's still no video supercut of Drew's jokes / impressions.

Please, video-skilled GB fans!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Every time I visit this thread I have to reread the last 2 pages to see if I missed something cause everybody talks like somebody just confirmed something.

What if Dan just takes a few days vacation and goes out of town for a bit.

The stipulation was "loser leaves town". Doesnt say anything about leaving and then coming back,

I'm still betting on this being some kind of goofy lead-up to PAX. If it was anything major like an office shift they probably would have put out a legitimate announcement by now.

tonka

and what if monday morning rolls around and nothing has happened?

Dan is a cartoon character/wrestler if you haven't forgotten, the universe resetting at the end of the week makes perfect sense

demidar

Dan left, but this mysterious new hire from Parts Unknown named the UnDantaker will fill his spot.

His likes include Wrestling, Metal Gear and Mario Party.

Anticol

Banned
It was kinda telling that Dan was moving to NY when he was there some weeks back, looking back He probably went to look for places to live or something.

Another thing is, now that Dan is moving there, who is gonna replace him in the SF studio, who is gonna be the addition to them?

Hopefully O'Dwyer.

Fjolle

and what if monday morning rolls around and nothing has happened?

Dan is a cartoon character/wrestler if you haven't forgotten, the universe resetting at the end of the week makes perfect sense

Remember that they don't work* on mondays. We have to wait until the bombcast, where he surely will announce what he's doing (as he's doing an AMA about it on reddit afterwards).

*As in do stuff that we see.

So Dan is going to GBE and Griffin McElroy is moving to SF to join GBW?

Danny finally got his green card marriage, so now he can quit Gamespot.

popo

These past couple weeks have felt pretty content light. This next week without Dan and Jeff is going to be a desert.

To be fair there isn't much out. Some indie stuff but they only really get animated for big releases.

IDK why we still have this summer slowdown. DOOM and Overwatch showed that if you have a decent game it will sell regardless. Instead publishers put all their big games out after September and cannibalise their own sales. I am so bored I would even play an assassin creed game (or watchdogs 2) if they put it out now. Come the holiday season I will have better things to do.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Could this be the return of Project BEAST? Dan involved with Kerbal has the potential to be hilarious.

Yeah, they can really use somebody who has no idea what he is doing. That's what Project Beast was missing. I'm really good on the Kerbal stuff. It was fun while it lasted but it doesn't need to return.

Please oh please god do not let Dan be done with Giant Bomb. He is the best thing to ever happen to the site. A move to the east coast would be cool, but I can't handle him leaving. ;_;

Dan in NY would be great just because they desperately need a 3rd man and could use a bit of a shake-up post-Austin. Dan actually pushes for new video series and there's all sorts of potential with him and Alex or Vinny.

Chuck

Still without luck
It kinda seems like some of you guys didn't watch the segment.

It's SO apparent that Dan is going to the NY office, just rewatch it.

To be fair there isn't much out. Some indie stuff but they only really get animated for big releases.

IDK why we still have this summer slowdown. DOOM and Overwatch showed that if you have a decent game it will sell regardless. Instead publishers put all their big games out after September and cannibalise their own sales. I am so bored I would even play an assassin creed game (or watchdogs 2) if they put it out now. Come the holiday season I will have better things to do.

Sure, but that just means it would have been a great time to do a supplementary stream or Old Games Show or something, anything.

TraBuch

Banned
The cool thing about a site like Giant Bomb? They don't need new releases for new videos. It's a slow time of year for big releases? Play some old games. Play some demos. Talk over some conferences.

Do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom