• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

It kinda seems like some of you guys didn't watch the segment.

It's SO apparent that Dan is going to the NY office, just rewatch it.

uhhh... I watched it live and didn't get that impression at all.

he's probably just going on vacation or he'll be back next week like regular anyway.

That seems to be the one major bummer thing about them being acquired by CBS is that they aren't nearly as nimble as they used to be (but it's better than the alternative of them being out of business) They've mentioned several times about waiting on people to let them hire new people, waiting on people to put stuff on the wall, heck even waiting on people to change the Air Conditioning settings...

That's in addition to all the corporate crap they have to deal with on top of that (training, meetings, paperwork, payroll, reimbursement filings, etc...) As someone that has worked for the U.S. Federal Government for the last 6 years I can attest to how slow big entities can move, and how much extra crap they make you deal with. It's probably just as frustrating for them as it is for us, if not more... Cause I'm sure they want to create more content than they currently are... Every once in a while we get that magical week or two where they pump out more content than can handle, and that's awesome. But then again everyone commenting on here is probably an above average fan of GB than most people.

Scizzy

I strongly suspect that they pump out way more content than even GB fans in the 85th percentile can consume. We're all just crazy.

Bacon

In the past week we have had 6 quick looks, a demo derby, a ranking of fighters, a UPF, a new premium show and a mailbag. Sometimes I understand the content drought complaints but now is not one of those times.

Dan in NY would be great just because they desperately need a 3rd man and could use a bit of a shake-up post-Austin. Dan actually pushes for new video series and there's all sorts of potential with him and Alex or Vinny.
Getting someone new in West could be really good too. One of my favorite bombcast eras was the first few months with Brad hosting and Dan

In the past week we have had 6 quick looks, a demo derby, a ranking of fighters, a UPF, a new premium show and a mailbag. Sometimes I understand the content drought complaints but now is not one of those times.

Playing a bit fast and loose with those numbers, but yeah I did forget Hitman was this week. I still anticipate a light week.

killroy87

Dan moving to East would be a real fucker. He is the catalyst to so many key dynamics right now, both in and out of GB. Losing Dan/Danny and Dan/Drew as a dynamic would be a crime.

Dan moving out East would just mean the new hire/Austin replacement would just end up out West, so I'd be fine with that. I've been pretty happy with all their hiring choices so far.

I'm not at all worried about the new hire (whenever that will be) because Jeff and Co. have shown they are smart about it and can draw in more well known personalities (Dan) and people more under the radar (Austin). Also there's a plethora of people out there to choose from so they won't have a lack of options.

Kerned

Banned
Dan leaving for GBeast would make it so much easier to ignore him. I would be all about it, but it's almost certainly too good to be true.

Salarians

NHdRsnk.jpg
Forget Overwatch of the year, who will win pinata of the year?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my god I finally got around to Demo Derby

"...or we'll let the crew have their way with you"

"I'm sorry, what?"

Fucking dying laughing for five minutes solid

What was the conversation in the editing room?

"Uh hey Dave, we've got this clip where they joke about gang raping a sheep, should we put this on our disc we're sending to 12 year olds?"

"Yeah leave it in, it'll be fine"

Diancecht

Oh god please don't send Dan to Beast. I've been following these people for years and he is the only guy in the group that I just can't fucking stand. He sound so dumb and not in the goofy way like Bakalar or Vinny, he sounds straight up illiterate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Entertaining if Dan really does go East, that kind of sucks. Vinny/Dan could be great, but I feel like the only person Jeff has a decent dynamic with now on the West is Jason. And Jason's likely won't be on that many videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom