• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Is that ferret still in the cubbie hole?
It is! Let me look for the screenshot
I just noticed that the stupid animal which Dan hid in the trophy wall during their move to the new floor is still there:
2f6288f282.jpg

I did both summer Hitman episodes then watched GB do The Icon level.

The Icon one was fun and I thought decently challenging. You had to do a couple costume changes to make it easier on yourself and the guys were hard to pin down. I ended up taking out the exact red shirt they did but killed the fake Iron Man with
pyro

Marrakesh was pretty to look at but seemed too easy compared to Sapienza. I did it this way on first attempt...
Get Bodyguard shirt, get backdoor key to club, poison targets hookah, drown him in bathroom, find other target and just talk to him which makes him follow you and then lead him to a dark alley. Dead. Win.
. Just felt anticlimactic but probably other better ways to do it.

Still going to replay both a few times.

Just as a perspective on what it would mean for GB if Dan switched offices: Dan has been in 12 of the last 15 Giant Bomb West Quick Looks (not including EX).

I wish we got a premium feature of Dan and Jeff playing through all of Super Mario Sunshine, with Jeff on the controller.

Can I have that for Christmas?

Yeah same. Can't they do like an "Encyclopedia Bombastica Extended" or something?
Sure, or Endurance Run or Playdate or whatever they want to call it! I just love ongoing GB features where you can't wait to see what happens next, or you look forward to when they get to whatever part of the game... Vinnyvania isn't doing it for me in that regard.
Id enjoy gbeast doing red dead so I never have to play it myself.
Sure, that would be cool! That's potentially like a 50 hour endeavor though.

I believe they would run up against the heat death of the universe before they played through No Man's Sky in it's "entirety".

But how about this: Brad plays through.... hear me out here.... Dark Forces. Eh? EH?

Fjolle

I believe they would run up against the heat death of the universe before they played through No Man's Sky in it's "entirety".

But how about this: Brad plays through.... hear me out here.... Dark Forces. Eh? EH?

Well. According to $2000 guy you can be "done" with no mans sky in about 12 hours.

demidar

Sure, or Endurance Run or Playdate or whatever they want to call it! I just love ongoing GB features where you can't wait to see what happens next, or you look forward to when they get to whatever part of the game... Vinnyvania isn't doing it for me in that regard.

SOTN is next tho.

I'm really looking forward to that.

Well. According to $2000 guy you can be "done" with no mans sky in about 12 hours.
I saw that! He also had some other weird things to say about the game, I bowed out before too much was spoiled for me. I'm still too damn curious about the game to not be there day 1, though.
SOTN is next tho.

That might revitalize the feature. It does require GBeast actually do a stream though, which they haven't seemed interested in doing lately.

Meneses

SOTN is next tho.

SOTN is my favorite in the series but regarding Vinnyvania it might end up being similar to what happened to MGSV, in the way that it's a more open version of the games they're used to playing and not so immediately funny/interesting.

edit: Also, where are we on the "I need to turn those notifications off" Brad count? 4th or 5th video by now?

Vic_Viper

Where are these Dan going to GBEast posts coming from? Did they announce he was leaving for a bit or something? Thought the end of UPF was just a gag.

Meneses

Where are these Dan going to GBEast posts coming from? Did they announce he was leaving for a bit or something?

They did a comedy thing at the end of UPF, where Dan fought Jason in Street Fighter V and the loser had to leave town.

Dan lost and left the building.

Our GB fan fiction then formulated the following hypotheses:

1) Dan's just on vacation and decided to do this for fun.

2) It's a dumb thing for PAX wrestling where Dan goes away or joins GB East and then does something to Jeff, or whatever.

3) He's going there to help GB East for a while now that they're understaffed and (Vinny) going through a rough time personally, while the new hire process gets resolved.

4) He's actually moving to the NY Area because his girlfriend is from there or has family there so he'll join GB East in the process.

5) He's going on the RV trip they jokingly talked about with John Vignocchi at E3.

6) He's training to become a boxer and fight a russian champion in order to bridge the gap in the East - West Cold War relations.

Mr. F

Banned
I hope Dan going to Beast isn't the payoff for this (at least permanently). West desperately needs his energy, and it would be cool to see another new person get a shot.

Two people taking vacations at the same time is bad scheduling.

That's always been the case, some combination of people always peace out for a bit after E3 or some time after, with the summer being so dead.

Tubobutts

How likely is it that Austin Walker's Vice Gaming will have an article about smoking drugs while playing No Man's Sky called No Man's High?

killroy87

They did a comedy thing at the end of UPF, where Dan fought Jason in Street Fighter V and the loser had to leave town.

Dan lost and left the building.

Our GB fan fiction then formulated the following hypotheses:

1) Dan's just on vacation and decided to do this for fun.

2) It's a dumb thing for PAX wrestling where Dan goes away or joins GB East and then does something to Jeff, or whatever.

3) He's going there to help GB East for a while now that they're understaffed and (Vinny) going through a rough time personally, while the new hire process gets resolved.

4) He's actually moving to the NY Area because his girlfriend is from there or has family there so he'll join GB East in the process.

5) He's going on the RV trip they jokingly talked about with John Vignocchi at E3.

6) He's training to become a boxer and fight a russian champion in order to bridge the gap in the East - West Cold War relations.

Is this actually a thing? I don't listen to the Beastcast much, i hope he's alright.

Harpuia

I would die for Dan to somehow move to the East office. I want to hear the comedy gold that would occur between Dan and Jeff B., as Jeff tries desperately to understand Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom