• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
good lord...

People are actually arguing based only on what ONE dude said

Happens all the time

any time before a preview comes out and LITERALLY one person who got it early says they didn't enjoy it, you get hundreds of posters 'oh man i was hyped for this' 'that sucks :(' 'i guess i'll save my money'

On the one hand you have people who convinced themselves the game would have more than what was shown.

The other hand has people who takes seans words as gospel.

The other hand theres people who just want to hate on the game.

The last hand you have people taking the leakers word as gospel.

Just a mess.

Zaph

On the one hand you have people who convinced themselves the game would have more than what was shown.

Just a mess.
My favourite are the one's who believe every feature they have in their head is a day-one patch away.

Used to run into a lot of them during MMO betas "Don't worry guys, I'm sure the devs will add that on launch, this is just a beta!"

Bacon

Just a mess.

Four hands on one guy is most definitely a mess

diggler41

Happens all the time

any time before a preview comes out and LITERALLY one person who got it early says they didn't enjoy it, you get hundreds of posters 'oh man i was hyped for this' 'that sucks :(' 'i guess i'll save my money'

I think the guy even enjoyed it and plans on playing more. So I don't know what's going on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think space stations and compounds in space are cool

space itself is lame. there i said it. underwater games would appeal to me more. at least they got fish.

I think the guy even enjoyed it and plans on playing more. So I don't know what's going on.

He hasn't universally praised the game and screaming 10/10 so people either take it as the game is trash or they are attacking the way he plays and trying to destroy all his credibility. It really is a quite a mess over in that spoiler thread.

oti

Banned
You guys don't understand. You either #love or #hate NMS.

DECIDE NOW!

bcac00e863006346ab3554a187f49b84.jpg

#teamlove
#teamhate
#
teamanimeistrashlikeholyshittodayifoundoutaboutthathandscendinevangelionorsomethinghowcouldsomeonelikethiscrap

I think No Mans Sky might be suffering from the dreams sold by Star Citizen. I was/am hoping its a less complex version of Elite Dangerous and not expecting the world from a game made by what 25 people on what I imagine is a relatively limited budget.

It's probably a game that should have slipped under the radar a bit, if not commercially then reaction wise.

I pre-ordered NMS because I know I need to know for myself.

I've been playing Ratchet & Clank and Doom this weekend. Both great.

Doom does that amazing thing of making you feel tense and on the edge of death but nit actually being hard enough to kill you much if at all (about 3 hours in). Great game design.

Can definitely see it winning GB GOTY.

I read some of what seems to be the controversial statements about NMS from the initial leaker and it doesn't seem all that out of line with what I expect. Some hang ups on Galaxy vs Universe stuff. As someone who has played a whole lot of Elite Dangerous, which only has a mere 400 billion stars and 100 billion star systems, a single galaxy is inconceivably huge. A universe is just super duper inconceivably huge.

I read some of what seems to be the controversial statements about NMS from the initial leaker and it doesn't seem all that out of line with what I expect. Some hang ups on Galaxy vs Universe stuff. As someone who has played a whole lot of Elite Dangerous, which only has a mere 400 billion stars and 100 billion star systems, a single galaxy is inconceivably huge. A universe is just super duper inconceivably huge.

it's a lot of people hanging unreasonably tight onto extremely semantic arguments.

everybody worshipping at the Church of Sean

The No Mans Sky thread is a mess right now.

And THAT'S why I don't get hyped up nowadays. Shit don't get ya nowhere if the game ain't Rocket League-level perfect but butthurt (and RL had the benefit of coming out of NOWHERE).

Some guy called Austin actually wrote a piece about this NMS situation

http://www.vice.com/read/no-mans-sk...-week-but-this-guy-may-have-already-beaten-it

Also this quote from RPS

But when I see those fans who have convinced themselves that this is it, that this is the last game they'll ever need, I feel like Hello Games and Sony have lost control of their messaging.

More like having a mob break into your house and cart it off on a triumph litter.

Being just decent works for Tales games, but the fact that Persona is a lot bigger game, and a Playstation exclusive will make people go nuts if that's the case for that game.

"Decent" stand for "infuriatingly and easily avoided messed up"? Cuz it should.

All the No Mans Sky stuff got me thinking about how good I wanted Spore to be and I just learned for the first time that they made a Spore spinoff Diablo-esque action RPG. Ryan and Brad even Quick Look'd it. This is fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom