• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what I can read you're in the majority, with all the people deliberately sabotaging the release by overhyping the shit out of that game. It's really frustrating, this game is already doomed no matter how great it is

People are deliberately sabotaging the game by over-hyping it? No Man's Sky hype is a false flag operation?

Myggen

As I've said before, the only thing I know for sure about NMS is that the review thread will be one of the biggest clusterfucks in the history of review threads regardless of how it reviews.

Strax

If Dan ever returns to San Fran, we're gonna need a Film and 40's for The Bourne Identity. Such a good movie.

My friend was in a band that was founded after a screening of The Bourne Identity because he and the dudes he was with all agreed it was so bad.

Zaph

People are deliberately sabotaging the game by over-hyping it? No Man's Sky hype is a false flag operation?

I mean, the chemtrails are right there:

hbb1I8N.jpg

imBask

Banned

People hyped it up so hard that right now most of them expect : Star Citizen + FTL + Minecraft + Terraria + Spore + EVE online + Skyrim

I honestly think that no matter how good the game is, it's going to be labeled as a "disappointment" by most people, and that makes me really sad because i'm sure it's going to be fun for what it is. There's already an outrage because the game is only 6 Gb, so I can't see this game not getting torn apart. A big part of the internet is just WAITING to jump on the hate train and shit on it to get them free clicks.

People hyped it up so hard that right now most of them expect : Star Citizen + FTL + Minecraft + Terraria + Spore + EVE online + Skyrim

I honestly think that no matter how good the game is, it's going to be labeled as a "disappointment" by most people, and that makes me really sad because i'm sure it's going to be fun for what it is. There's already an outrage because the game is only 6 Gb, so I can't see this game not getting torn apart

Yeah but that's not deliberately sabotaging something that's just people getting over-hyped for something.

imBask

Banned
Yeah but that's not deliberately sabotaging something that's just people getting over-hyped for something.

I added something to my post, that's what I meant. I think the sabotage will happen when bloggers will start the hate train for clicks, and that game is such an easy target at this point

I added something to my post, that's what I meant. I think the sabotage will happen when bloggers will start the hate train for clicks, and that game is such an easy target at this point

Eh, that's just the nature of the internet though. If the game's good
it won't be
then none of that matters.

imBask

Banned
Eh, that's just the nature of the internet though. If the game's good
it won't be
then none of that matters.

if the game is good
it will for what it is
, then it will matter. This is not CoD, word of mouth is really important for indie game sales... Some people will pass on the game because stoner420XxXSephiroth said it was the blunder of the century

if the game is good
it will for what it is
, then it will matter. This is not CoD, word of mouth is really important for indie game sales... Some people will pass on the game because stoner420XxXSephiroth said it was the blunder of the century

The Venn diagram of people who listen to stoner420XxXSephiroth's opinion and people who were likely to play No Man's Sky is two separate circles right? On a related note stoner420XxXSephiroth is a good friend of mine and I won't hear another word disparaging his good name.

imBask

Banned
The Venn diagram of people who listen to stoner420XxXSephiroth's opinion and people who were likely to play No Man's Sky is two separate circles right? On a related note stoner420XxXSephiroth is a good friend of mine and I won't hear another word disparaging his good name.

i'm also a fan, I liked his video about why Pokemon GO is helping terrorism and how it should be banned

Zaph

As I've said before, the only thing I know for sure about NMS is that the review thread will be one of the biggest clusterfucks in the history of review threads regardless of how it reviews.

The thread is going to be a fucking ride.

Stay safe gaf

I'm definitely not touching that thread when it comes up. I thought the uncharted 3 review thread was bad, but the amount of hyperbole, toxic communication and people talking about crow eating that will occur in that thread might rival it in the worst way. There are already people waiting in the wings on both sides(This game will be the second coming/This game will be trash) to say I told you so and its still a week away.

I'm definitely not touching that thread when it comes up. I thought the uncharted 3 review thread was bad, but the amount of hyperbole, toxic communication and people talking about crow eating that will occur in that thread might rival it in the worst way. There are already people waiting in the wings on both sides(This game will be the second coming/This game will be trash) to say I told you so and its still a week away.

Uncharted 3

styl3s

I will never go into that thread and will probably avoid the official thread for at least a week so the people who still can't comprehend what the game is about stops complaining that it isn't what they imagined it to be even though nothing ever alluded to it being that type of game they just saw a trailer 3 years ago and never did any real research.

ArjanN

Dan going to GBeast is a fantastic thing if true. He's like an exact blend of Vinny's humor, Jeff's incredulity, and Alex's cynicism.

I'd agree except honestly I think that GB West clearly needs Dan's energy/enthusiasm.

I hope Dan going to Beast isn't the payoff for this (at least permanently). West desperately needs his energy, and it would be cool to see another new person get a shot.

That's always been the case, some combination of people always peace out for a bit after E3 or some time after, with the summer being so dead.

The summer hasn't been dead for years though.

Just finished watching some DOTA 2 in VR. The VR stuff is super well-integrated! It's going to make for a fucking great GB video.

Not only can you walk around the map as a giant, you can become Hero-sized and just straight up teleport around the battlefield. It was stupid fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This discussion was the first time I actually skipped over parts of the bombcast. On account of I couldn't take that shit no more
mind boggling that the fanbase that sends death threats over game delays is somehow better than the snarky attention seeking fanbase.

one is scary. the other is just annoying.

I hope they put some of that No Man's Sky $60 a pop money they are about to get and get Joe Danger 3 off the ground.

Joe Danger was really cool.
And Joe Danger 2 was ok I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom