• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit that NMS spoiler thread is incredible. I just got to the bit where the guy who paid $1300 for it might actually have the demo build of the game.

Has the "its just a old build" defence EVER worked out in this ultra close to release leak situation?

Its normally close to the final game. There is always a day 1 patch but that at most just squashes bugs and does the most minor of gameplay changes if any.

pizzacat

Banned
Has the "its just a old build" defence EVER worked out in this ultra close to release leak situation?

Its normally close to the final game. There is always a day 1 patch but that at most just squashes bugs and does the most minor of gameplay changes if any.
It's almost like this is destiny all over again

👌🏻

Hey you know what else is coming out in August and will probably be great?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

deus-ex-dance-o.gif

Didnt realise that game was so close until yesterday.

Hey you know what else is coming out in August and will probably be great?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

deus-ex-dance-o.gif

Didnt realise that game was so close until yesterday.

Yup. Only a few weeks. Looks like just a better version of DXHR, which is all I really wanted out of a sequel. Just hope the technical side works out.

FStop7

Banned
So for reals, here is what gives me pause about No Man's Sky.

It's mainly related to the combat stuff.

Who are "we" fighting?
Why are "we" fighting them?

In a universe where there are 5 quintillion worlds or whatever the number Murray stated actually is, there are (for all practical purposes) unlimited resources. Wars are fought over ideologies and/or resources. If this is a resource conflict, it's preposterous unless there is a crucial and _extremely_ scarce resource that civilizations are contending with each other for in the form of endless conflicts on a galactic scale. That requires Dune/Mechwarrior/Warhammer40k depths of backstory to convincingly set up. If this is a purely ideological conflict then that is going to take even more extensive storytelling to sell.

OkayRene

Anyone remember an older Bombcast 'would you rather' question that involved either burping/hiccuping/farting without anyone noticing vs something else?

Asking for a friend.

As soon as Deus Ex comes out, games start coming out like crazy.

There is a new final fantasy game out right after in September which is kinda nuts

And then there is your normal yearly sequels on top of that.

Good year for stuff. It might all be great but we have alot of it.

Ketch

Is any of the NMS stuff safe to click on?

Whens the review embargo? I just want to know if I should get it... without being spoiled if it's good.

edit: the old games have already been judged.

edit2: read austin's article, seems like people on the internet are getting upset over something that doesn't bother me at all. Honestly, I'm shocked.

Anyone play minecraft? How fast could you potentially kill the ender dragon if starting from scratch if you really wanted to?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Dan 'Can of Mt Dew Every Morning' Ryckert can drop soda, I think I ought to do the same.

I just always suck at finding a non-water/milk replacement for something sweet that won't drive my anxiety all the way up.

If Dan 'Can of Mt Dew Every Morning' Ryckert can drop soda, I think I ought to do the same.

I just always suck at finding a non-water/milk replacement for something sweet that won't drive my anxiety all the way up.

It's expensive for what you get, but Hint Water is actually quite good. It's water with an added hint of natural flavors. There's nothing artificial in it and despite the hint of natural flavor, there is no sugar in it. The watermelon and apple are fantastic. It's a San Francisco based company, so I wonder if Dan has heard of it (Old Dan would've scoffed at the idea).

https://www.drinkhint.com/#

santeesioux

It's expensive for what you get, but Hint Water is actually quite good. It's water with an added hint of natural flavors. There's nothing artificial in it and despite the hint of natural flavor, there is no sugar in it. The watermelon and apple are fantastic. It's a San Francisco based company, so I wonder if Dan has heard of it (Old Dan would've scoffed at the idea).

That stuff is pretty good, try other kinds of seltzer water too, it fools my body into thinking I'm drinking soda because it's carbonated. Polar Seltzer is good too.

That stuff is pretty good, try other kinds of seltzer water too, it fools my body into thinking I'm drinking soda because it's carbonated. Polar Seltzer is good too.

I've never been able to stomach seltzer water (flavored or not). The non-seltzer Hint is fantastic, though. Haven't tried their Kick water yet. I bet Dan would like the American Flag themed bottle (watermelon flavor).

santeesioux

I've never been able to stomach seltzer water (flavored or not). The non-seltzer Hint is fantastic, though. Haven't tried their Kick water yet. I bet Dan would like the American Flag themed bottle (watermelon flavor).

I love the stuff, I even stock up on the Kroger store brand when I go shopping. It helped me kick my soda habit (outside of the 1 Mexican Coke I drink a month or so).

I just ordered a case of the apple water. If I don't like it, this is on you.

The Division was a game. It was released this year.

Just a reminder for anyone who forgot, like I did.

I played the shit out of it and loved it for like a week and dropped it like a bad habit. I really enjoyed my time with it but it has no legs. Just wish I hadn't bought the gold edition with the season pass. No interest in returning.

Xater

I played the shit out of it and loved it for like a week and dropped it like a bad habit. I really enjoyed my time with it but it has no legs. Just wish I hadn't bought the gold edition with the season pass. No interest in returning.

Same here, except I didn't buy the season pass, because I am never again buying one of those.

WHAT ABOUT....

░░░█▐▄▒▒▒▌▌▒▒▌░▌▒▐▐▐▒▒▐▒▒▌▒▀▄▀▄░
░░░█▐▒▒▀▀▌░▀▀▀░░▀▀▀░░▀▀▄▌▌▐▒▒▒▌▐░
░░▐▒▒▀▀▄▐░▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▐▒▌▒▒▐░▌
░░▐▒▌▒▒▒▌░▄▄▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▐▐▄▄▀░░
░░▌▐▒▒▒▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░▌▌░░░
▄▀▒▒▌▒▒▐░░░░░░░▄░░▄░░░░░▀▀░░▌▌░░░
▄▄▀▒▐▒▒▐░░░░░░░▐▀▀▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▌▌░░░
░░░░█▌▒▒▌░░░░░▐▒▒▒▒▒▌░░░░░░▐▐▒▀▀▄
░░▄▀▒▒▒▒▐░░░░░▐▒▒▒▒▐░░░░░▄█▄▒▐▒▒▒
▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▄██▀▄▄░░▀▄▄▀░░▄▄▀█▄░█▀▒▒▒▒

ANIME!!!!