• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchs

Just caught up with the latetest UPF and I've got a serious question.
Is Dan actually leaving GB, moving to join the guys on east coast or just on vacation?
It was kinda funny at first, but now I'm just confused.

Xater

Is Dan actually leaving GB, moving to join the guys on east coast or just on vacation?

You are being worked son.

Myggen

Wait for tomorrow, no one knows for sure. Will probably be revealed on the Bombcast.

Zaph

We'll find out for sure tomorrow. Smart money is on a road trip, possibly ending with him at GBE

Ugh.

Scizzy

The missing piece is the "bonkers" email he sent to Aaron Trites. Dan must have sent it around the time they were planning UPF and the goodbye video, so this angle will probably end at PAX.

The missing piece is the "bonkers" email he sent to Aaron Trites. Dan must have sent it around the time they were planning UPF and the goodbye video, so this angle will probably end at PAX.

Or they were just chatting as friends and he told him about the UPF stuff

Nobody knows anything

Bowlie

Banned
guys

1470061776-pokemon2.gif

I've seen some comparisons between NMS and Minecraft. Comments that people enjoy Minecraft because of the exploration, and NMS will be the same. I'm not sure that's the case, or at least it's not for me. My fun in Minecraft was always taking an image in my imagination and building it. Creating a massive fort built into a mountain with lava running down it. The randomized environments were great, but it was about what I could do in that environment, what my place in that world would be. If NMS was actually Minecraft In Space i'd be all for it.

Also Pokemon Go has rekindled a desire to play Pokemon. I'm definitely getting Sun or Moon. I didn't like X. There weren't many pokemon I liked the look of, and I found the main city to be a nightmare to navigate due to the perspective. Also, fuck roller skates.

I've seen some comparisons between NMS and Minecraft. Comments that people enjoy Minecraft because of the exploration, and NMS will be the same. I'm not sure that's the case, or at least it's not for me. My fun in Minecraft was always taking an image in my imagination and building it. Creating a massive fort built into a mountain with lava running down it. The randomized environments were great, but it was about what I could do in that environment, what my place in that world would be. If NMS was actually Minecraft In Space i'd be all for it.

Also Pokemon Go has rekindled a desire to play Pokemon. I'm definitely getting Sun or Moon. I didn't like X. There weren't many pokemon I liked the look of, and I found the main city to be a nightmare to navigate due to the perspective. Also, fuck roller skates.

Building in Minecraft was the worst bit for me, at least in terms of stuff that wasn't useful for exploring.

I liked trying to dive as deep as possible or go as far as I can or a variety of other self imposed goals.

I get that people like to use it as a blank canvas but I totally relate to the NMS/Minecraft comparison.

The biggest problem with the Pokemon games is Gold and Silver.

They just never tried topping that epicness of unlocking Kanto agian.

I remember when the first GBA game came out being really bummed out they didnt do a similar "and now you unlock the previous games landmass" reveal again.

For me Minecraft had a good gameplay loop in that I could go mining/exploring until I got sick of that, then build for awhile until I got sick of that, then go back to exploring, etc.

But I actually think it was the building mixed with the multiplayer that gave the game longevity for me. Logging back in after a month or two and seeing some giant new castle that my friend had added to our world was freaking awesome.

That was the worst part of it for me. Sure building a house is fun, but personally for me it was about having a place to store stuff. The main thing for me was gearing up and going to an area I hadnt been to yet, using torches to light my way.

NMS looks like a more colorful Elite: Dangerous with more stuff to do.

But it also loses the dark gritty realism and solitude thing Elite has going for it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The No Mans Sky thread is a mess right now.

good lord...

People are actually arguing based only on what ONE dude said

Happens all the time

any time before a preview comes out and LITERALLY one person who got it early says they didn't enjoy it, you get hundreds of posters 'oh man i was hyped for this' 'that sucks :(' 'i guess i'll save my money'

Just need one seed to procedurally generate an entire thread.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Turning the website into literal wrestling is maybe the line they shouldn't cross. I thought the bit was funny on UPF just cause Dan usually wins those fights and gloats afterwards so it was fun to see him lose and having the pre-filmed video of him walking out was pretty good.

But I don't need a "storyline" in my personality driven website. The wrestling podcast is already the only site thing I don't listen to (Alt+F1 is awesome however), so more of this feels really unnecessary.

Unless this is all a setup for a new SFV Scrub Leage Tournament in which case all is forgiven.

kai3345

Banned
Turning the website into literal wrestling is maybe the line they shouldn't cross. I thought the bit was funny on UPF just cause Dan usually wins those fights and gloats afterwards so it was fun to see him lose and having the pre-filmed video of him walking out was pretty good.

But I don't need a "storyline" in my personality driven website. The wrestling podcast is already the only site thing I don't listen to (Alt+F1 is awesome however), so more of this feels really unnecessary.

Unless this is all a setup for a new SFV Scrub Leage Tournament in which case all is forgiven.

i doubt it's a "storyline"

if dan is really leaving they probably just thought it'd be a funny way to send him off

Gurrry

I dont think Dan is leaving. I dont think Dan is joining GBEast either.

This is either the road trip, or a PAX thing. Maybe both. When is the next PAX wrestling event? Could the roadtrip be from SF to wherever the next wrestling event is?

Either way, I seriously doubt hes leaving GB or joining East.

Remember, it was a loser "leaves town" match. Not a loser "leaves giantbomb" match.

Chuck

Still without luck
Duuuuuude, how many times do I need to post it.

Dan is going to move to New Jersey and work in the beast office. He thought it'd be funny if he did it this way because he's used to wrestling bulllshit. That's all it issssssssss.

Watch the bit again and pay attention to what everyone says.

Anjin M

The closer we get to the Bombcast and this AMA, the more freaked out I'm getting. I'm sure it will be a fun, dumb thing, but I need to know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom