• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPF image
What does it mean?
2874490-upf080516.jpg

I managed to avoid the spoiler thread altogether but the doubters from the no reviews thread are starting to get to me.

I have been following all the leaks and streams with gusto, if you have any specific questions you feel comfortable asking I will answer them for you if I can.

demidar

Some people here are super invested in reviews. They legitimately get pissed when a game isn't reviewed like they expected. It's pretty bad.

Review threads are pretty terrible places.

Review threads are a good place to quarantine the insanity while giving outsiders something funny to look at.

chogidogs

I have been following all the leaks and streams with gusto, if you have any specific questions you feel comfortable asking I will answer them for you if I can.

Terraria is the only one of those kinds of games that kept my attention. I liked seeking out the bosses and digging my way through secret areas and stuff. I didn't build much outside of the items I needed to explore. I'm hoping that there is enough to see/do and there is enough variety to not be bored with it. I like space so that was the thing that sold me in the first place.

Terraria is the only one of those kinds of games that kept my attention. I liked seeking out the bosses and digging my way through secret areas and stuff. I didn't build much outside of the items I needed to explore. I'm hoping that there is enough to see/do and there is enough variety to not be bored with it. I like space so that was the thing that sold me in the first place.

Boredom and perception of variety can be subjective but as far as I can tell the four videos Sony released of Explore, Fight, Trade and Survive seem bang on the money in terms of what the experience actually is.

A lot of people have claimed they have been misleading with their marketing but I really don't think so, personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dOk2uBTYAE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Oaf6Ol8U4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jpHldhY_V0

with how little jeff seems to care about p5 i wouldn't be shocked, honestly.

This is the thing, the Endurance Run of P4 is one of their biggest things they ever did. so many people comment and bug him about P4 and P5 all the time, that even though he really likes that game and series (he has stated so many times) that he doesn't want to acknowledge it that much. Like Tony Hawk, he did the 900 and he still gets is brought up all the time, he's done so much more since than that it's just an annoying question.

It's never worth preordering a digital item.

I only pre-order something if I know I can get it cheaper than launch day. Usually GreenManGaming was pretty good for that, I remember I got Arkham Knight for like $35 bucks a couple months before it came out (it was a crappy port, I know, but I didn't really have a problem with it on launch day and it was super cheap)

Some people here are super invested in reviews. They legitimately get pissed when a game isn't reviewed like they expected. It's pretty bad.

Review threads are pretty terrible places.

Dont remind me, I remember the Orders thread. Hell after finding out the plot of the game, I was so excited to see the reviews.

I preordered NMS on Steam. Gotta see for myself one way or the other.

Its a game you have to see for yourself. Trying to explain it is tough, because not everyone will play the same.

It's never worth preordering a digital item.

I know I'm going to buy anyway and this was I get it as soon as it comes out. My town doesn't really sell games and I've been let down by postal services before.

I might even be able to pre-load it.

I'm also getting some alright pre-order bonuses!

Also I pre-ordered and paid for it on payday to get it out of the way.

All positives for me and absolutely worth it.

KingKong

No Mans Sky seems to be exactly the game they showed but nothing more. All the mechanics and individual pieces are shallow but they are there, so I guess it just depends on if you like the loop enough to keep playing it

No Mans Sky seems to be exactly the game they showed but nothing more. All the mechanics and individual pieces are shallow but they are there, so I guess it just depends on if you like the loop enough to keep playing it

This is going to be a very divisive game because for those that love it, it'll be about small quiet moments that are extremely personal to them.

They've built the thing and the players have to meet them halfway, some people will get a lot out of that and some people won't (and that's totally fine).

It certainly doesn't seem like a developer led experience. People will have to find their own fun and moments.

I've already seen one thing on a stream that made me go "HOLY SHIT!" and it will likely never happen in my play through.

popo

Premium show idea.

Remember that super awful ComicVine Players comic reading they used to do as part on Happy Hour? GB crew reenact The Cursed Child (Parts 1 and 2)
a play about Ryckert

Vinny could even Skype in his part.

Would be less excruciating than when they played D&D.

It's Monday, dummy. It's just the standard Monday silence.

I think the staff have agreed not to spoil their little joke on twitter - not that hard as Dan is the only one who tweets much anymore.

Other than that yeah, Mondays are quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom