• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I can't imagine Dan actually answering the obvious questions in an AMA and not mentioning anything on the site. I wonder how many of the most up-voted questions will be about his "move" and how many will he actually answer and not dodge around.

So I can't imagine Dan actually answering the obvious questions in an AMA and not mentioning anything on the site. I wonder how many of the most up-voted questions will be about his "move" and how many will he actually answer and not dodge around.

Those questions got a ton of upvotes very quickly.

Here is his response in regards to the Overwatch promotion going on during the next 3 weeks.

Yeah, that all looks really awesome and I want a lot of those skins. I'm worried that I won't have enough time to play while this promotion is active, however.

This also leads me to believe he won't be living in his current apartment during that time, cause why would he stop playing Overwatch because of his own choice since he says he plays it almost daily.

Lijik

my prediction is this ends with dan quietly uploading the video they recorded if jason lost onto his youtube after stringing this out for a week

Myggen

Here is his response in regards to the Overwatch promotion going on during the next 3 weeks.

This also leads me to believe he won't be living in his current apartment during that time, cause why would he stop playing Overwatch because of his own choice since he says he plays it almost daily.

You're reaching here :p

Zaph

Probably just a coincidence, but the audio podcast just went live and was pulled. Wonder if they've added something to the end to coincide with the AMA?

kai3345

Banned
I think the explanation for them is pretty weak. Drew, Jason, and Vinny are all highly skilled at production and I do not believe it is beyond them to work around this. Maybe that's too much to ask, but it is a stream that is only for premium members and it features ads. I'm expressing dissatisfaction with a new change on the site.
Adding something into the middle of a show takes a lot more time than removing something

neshcom

Banned
I work in video podcast production and a three hour video show takes an incredibly long time to render out. For long shows with basic edits, it can still take near-TRT to render out. If we were just talking about audio, there's probably a routing way to kill signal to the stream and record the audio, but you'd still have to see the ad cards since the video recording goes up public now.

I agree with the principle of the matter; we subscribed for no ads (especially with regards to the podcast), but what exactly does that look like and what is the middle ground that balances efficiency to post and satisfying premium members?

That usually happens after the grinding.

giphy.gif

repeater

A Jar Time video now would be completely wasted, it would be Jeff answering questions about Dan's future for 40 minutes
while his cat does unspeakable things in the background

kuppy

Okay. Didn't they previously mention that they used to record the ads at the end of the session. Like recently. When Will Smith was on and they talked about losing their voices. Brad said he experienced problems recording the ads at the end of the podcast. (yup, looked it up, 07/05/2016 around the 54 minute mark)
Also think that during that Thanksgiving stream Jeff said that they used to record all of them at the end.

So why not go back to that model. Record the ads at end of the stream or directly after the stream is finished.

Okay. Didn't they previously mention that they used to record the ads at the end of the session. Like recently. When Will Smith was on and they talked about losing their voices. Brad said he experienced problems recording the ads at the end of the podcast. (yup, looked it up, 07/05/2016 around the 54 minute mark)
Also think that during that Thanksgiving stream Jeff said that they used to record all of them at the end.

So why not go back to that model. Record the ads at end of the stream or directly after the stream is finished.

Because they have to consider exporting a video file in a timely manner now

Mr. F

Banned
Interesting about Patrick. Can't say I was ever a huge fan or kept up with his work in the time since GB aside from those reaction videos on YouTube (which...yeesh), but curious to see where he heads.

For those who caught it live, good bombcast?

No one who lives in SF can say that.

He's leaving, people!

Hey, he actually answered my question about a mortgage on there! Also, this is the pinnacle of new Dan, going from not knowing what a mortgage is and thinking they're dumb, to maybe getting one...

Mortgages are the new normal guy thing.

No advertiser in their right mind would be keen on their ads being read during podcast garbage time. Once they start recording ads, people could just stop listening to the podcast.

Plus, that doesn't solve the editing the ads in issue.

kuppy

Because they have to consider exporting a video file in a timely manner now
I guess I just don't get the technology behind that. Please enlighten me.

I assume they work off the raw feed, right?
They edit that to the premium and normal version. So they cut the break time and ad time out of the raw feed for premium and just the break time for normal. Correct? Or wait, do they record and hit pause during break? And do that separately for the normal and premium version. And therefore don't have to do the extra rendering?

kuppy

No advertiser in their right mind would be keen on their ads being read during podcast garbage time. Once they start recording ads, people could just stop listening to the podcast.

Plus, that doesn't solve the editing the ads in issue.
The live version is only for premium members. I was thinking that the edited normal version places the ads back at their usual position.

I'm trying not to feel this way, but I'm a bit annoyed that they're dragging this Dan Leaving drama out. It was a fun thing over the weekend, but the entertainment value has dried up for me.

I decided to rewatch the roller coaster video, on youtube. The comments are deactivated. Does anyone know why? The video doesn't have many dislikes.

Brakke

Banned
I really don't like how the Bombcast has started showing up in my feed with an episode number and name now. Nah! It should just be dates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom