• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

Jeff Bakalar Reacts To Dan Ryckert could basically be its own podcast, it's going to be hilarious.

This part will be great. But I can't see Dan joining in when everyone else is going on a long tangent about what would happen if Mega Man went to a nightclub and spoke with a French accent, which is, like, 50% of the podcast.

Catvoca

Banned
Am I crazy, or is Dan on the Beastcast a very awkward fit? His version of goofy is very, very different than theirs.

Dan doesn't really fit into their whole "let's act out this funny improv scene" thing they do a lot, but Dan's got his own sort of dumb that Vinny and Alex bounce off pretty well IMO

Meneses

Like someone said on a previous page, Dan will probably just show up on a Beastcast or live stream unannounced.

Would be even better if they never acknowledge it, as if he'd been there all along.

popo

This may seem pedantic, but I feel like the tiny studio GBEast is crammed into is physically and creatively constricting.

I think it is bigger than it seems. You do what you can with the space you are given though. People call the Sausalito basement days the golden age of GB and their "studio" was a fake brick wall and a sofa at the corner of the office.

The only real difference between the West and East setup is one is a couch and the other is straight back chairs and East doesn't have body mics.

Mature

Am I crazy, or is Dan on the Beastcast a very awkward fit? His version of goofy is very, very different than theirs.
Vinny's few interactions with Dan on the GOTY podcast make me extremely excited for that dynamic.

At least, I think it was the GOTY podcast, Vinny was asking Dan about Tacobell and eating it every day or something.

edit: haha, yes, this one
Get ready for exasperated Vinny and Alex.

Here's a preview: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzzh_9unbpI

Tubobutts

This part will be great. But I can't see Dan joining in when everyone else is going on a long tangent about what would happen if Mega Man went to a nightclub and spoke with a French accent, which is, like, 50% of the podcast.
"Wah Mega Man's a normal cool guy, he wouldn't speak French. Wah."

I could see him fitting in pretty well on the Beastcast... What I really want back is some one that will riff off of Jeff's tangents like Vinny and Ryan used to do. That was where we got some of my favorite content from the Bombcast (sun slingshot, uh uh uh uh, Nintendo Downloads, Molyneaux's balls, etc...) We haven't really had that for a while on the West Coast

I think it is bigger than it seems. You do what you can with the space you are given though. People call the Sausalito basement days the golden age of GB and their "studio" was a fake brick wall and a sofa at the corner of the office.

The only real difference between the West and East setup is one is a couch and the other is straight back chairs and East doesn't have body mics.

Sausalito wasn't the Brick Bar Basement (nor the Golden Age), but your point is well taken.

robotrock

Banned
My favorite Dan and Vinny moment was when Dan asked what a mortgage was and Vinny went "Wait, really?"

I have no doubt that Dan joining Beast is going to be amazing.

Mr. F

Banned
Dang. On the surface I like the idea of Dan in NY, but I also feel like Dan moving to Beast moves Beast further away from what made it interesting to me.

Also if true west needs some fresh hires like, yesterday. Dan's contribution to growing the site's premium features was insane given the time he was there, I hope they can maintain that momentum.

yeah, on everything not related to GB i'm really happy for dan and i'm glad he's moving out of a city that he apparently can't stand.

but I'm skeptical on the GB-related fallout of this.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Happy for him getting out of SF, bummed that all of my favorite features are completely gutted by his departure.

tumblr_mo9qqspNVN1r9zdybo1_500.gif

I don't know what's going on anymore going by the last few pages. This is coming from the guy who still has it in his mind that it's all a work. Danio Ryckima

I'm cool with a little shake up. I wonder what they'll do in GB West because they will need to fill that role somehow because he was in SO MUCH of their content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom