• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest component that Dan is moving, is that he's using a laptop to do the AMA. Dan has a computer. No reason to believe he would use a laptop.

I think Drew said "H" instead of "Square" because both the letter H and the shape of square exclusively use straight lines and sharp angles, and his brain had a slight lapsus whereby it formed an image of an H in his mind instead of a square.

Scizzy

Total number of QLs, Unfinisheds, and QLEXs this year:

Dan 58
Brad 57
Jeff 56

I'm actually disturbed that it seems so ordered.

Or have we been played?
a9AJPsn.jpg

its probably Gbeast

The biggest component that Dan is moving, is that he's using a laptop to do the AMA. Dan has a computer. No reason to believe he would use a laptop.

Well the computer is hooked up to the TV, not ideal for typing.

I do think he is moving btw, I just dont think the laptop is a clue.

If he is moving to NJ hes going to have to buy a car. Public transportation is almost non existent in NJ.

Scizzy

That'd be freaking hilarious.

I wonder how long it'll take for him to end up hating NYC.

Visiting and living are completely different things.

It's for the best - Dan needs a new set of assholes to mock for different reasons.

Though he did praise NJ and, if he's interested in buying a house, will likely end up there.

The future of Dan is booked like a wrestling story.

And like any modern wrestling story it has just gone past the point where it should have naturally climaxed and is now it "fuck.. they are dragging this shit out for every penny" territory.

I mean... maybe he will show up on GBeasts Friday stream this week as a surprise I guess?

justjim89

If he's permanently moving out to NYC and joining GBEast, I'm really bummed. He paired so well with everybody out west and made like half their content happen. The part where he's trying to be some Walmart-brand Andy Kaufman and not actually saying anything of substance is irritating. What'll happen to HitDan? Film and 40's? Demo Derby? Mario Party?

TraBuch

Banned
Hopefully GBWest keeps doing Demo Derby. The most entertaining content on the site usually involves Jeff and old games/industry stories.

Hopefully GBWest keeps doing Demo Derby. The most entertaining content on the site usually involves Jeff and old games/industry stories.

I asked Jeff many times about writing a book about some cool experiences/stories and he's thinking about it. Man, I can't wait till he makes it happen, if ever.

If he's permanently moving out to NYC and joining GBEast, I'm really bummed. He paired so well with everybody out west and made like half their content happen. The part where he's trying to be some Walmart-brand Andy Kaufman and not actually saying anything of substance is irritating. What'll happen to HitDan? Film and 40's? Demo Derby? Mario Party?
Why is there some sort of time crunch going on? Is your Premium membership running out this week?

Watching people freak out is honestly half the entertainment. This is some Giant Bomb ass shit right now. If he's going to Best then I'm glad they aren't doing some long winded treatment on the West side. Makes the site seem more cohesive. I think it'd be hysterical if they never mentioned it on the Bombcast if he does end up going there.

Harpuia

Wow so it's true? I'm actually really excited about this! This stacks the content towards GBEAST though. Also, as much as I love the man, it's HILARIOUS that we've gone from Austin Walker to Dan Ryckert.

I hope GB-Classic gets some more staff. Bringing back some flashbacks to when Vinny was absent prior to GBEAST launching proper.

Harpuia

Yup. Guesses so far he's going to go to join Austin but we'll see.

Man, this would probably be the GB fan dream scenario. It would also be a good move. Patrick would definitely fit in there. With the stuff Patrick has written, he'd be a perfect match for what Austin will be setting up with Vice.

No joke, I would definitely be paying more attention to Austin/Vice if he got Patrick on board. It's one thing to say you'll follow a person to their new roles, but this would get me to read and watch their content on a regular basis.

Salarians

I finished Abzu.

Real talk, Flower was pretty but did nothing for me. Vinny was right. Journey was "interesting", but I kept waiting for the emotions to hit and they never did. I played it again earlier in the year and enjoyed it more than the first time, but still.

Abzu, on the other hand, got me quick and kept me. I really loved it.

Journey is one of those games where having any expectations whatsoever will ruin it. It's also a game kind of lost to time at this point. You had to be there, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom