• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Not sure if they've posted a position yet. Will probably be a while.

While I'm here, I would love for GBwest to grab Mary, but GameSpot has to be ramping up that Universe thing. I bet she ends up busier than ever.
Universe thing?

Wait did we get confirmation of the move in the AMA?

Most likely answer.

3pO3cpD.png
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQ280OGtwUFVBQUFybi1VLmpwZyJ9.fe2DeYNaEGG0LlAoIk0PJxSxkPM.jpg

Look at the amiibo.

Ganondorf

Bowser

Ness

Yoshi

Captain Falcon

Gobias

Banned
Johnny V and Dan start the road trip next week. Johnny stops the RV at Chicago to take a job at Iron Galaxy and Dan hitchhikes to NY while having to periscope the entire thing..

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Ya know... Dan at the GBeast is really going to keep things fresh. I like the movement and the crazy excitement. I'm glad they are going this weird route instead of just announcing the move via news story or something equally as boring.

Gobias

Banned
Yeah initially I wasn't really happy about this because of how well Dan meshes with Jeff and everyone else in SF, but this kind of move can make things feel fresh and new again. I just hope NY can start upping their production capabilities and SF gets someone in there quick to replace Dan's energy. I'm going to guess both are still going to be looking for someone new as it can't be too great for Vinny being the only video guy.

dogpowerd

Banned
If this is true I am glad Dan isn't leaving GB all together. It's gonna be great seeing Dan work with Vinny and Alex but I hope they find a new person for west quickly. I have liked everyone GB has ever hired so I have faith.

On the other hand if this all fake we are looking at the work of the decade right here.

Fjordson

Dan will be great in the East next to Vinny, but he'll be sorely missed in the West. He works great with all the guys there. Demo Derby, Hitman, Metal Gear Scanlon, etc.

If that's what's actually happening here.

kiguel182

I hope the move isn't permanent. I love Dan in the west.

Man, all this change sucks. I liked how things were so much before Austin left.

GBEast just turned into the strongest coast now. I can see Vinny and Dan doing some good features together.

GBWest will struggle until they get a new hire.

I hate this split :(

derFeef

Two-week vacation over. Can someone update me with the must-see content, please?
And something happened with GBEAST and/or Dan?

Two-week vacation over. Can someone update me with the must-see content, please?
And something happened with GBEAST and/or Dan?

Dan is HEAVILY implying that he's moving to go work at the GB East office... We don't know if it's permanent or just for a short while...

He'll be back that's what the Terminator is there to represent right? right!? Dan don't leave us (GBwest) for too long. I knew the shaving of the hair after austin leaving was a sign. That and he dropped hints that he really loved that city while he was there.

Zaph

Shitty that Dan's going to Gbeast, and that was a shitty way to drag out the announcement. But he's gotta do what's right for him personally.

The odds on GBWest hiring a new workhorse like Dan anytime soon are slim. And again, having access to just this cupboard means a lot less shenanigans

roytheone

GBEast just turned into the strongest coast now. I can see Vinny and Dan doing some good features together.

GBWest will struggle until they get a new hire.

I hate this split :(

GBeast was already the strongest coast during the Vinny/Alex/Austin period, so really, they are just retaking the crown.

I am looking foward to see how Dan plays off Vinny and Alex for longer video's. They also seem to do more full play throughs of games there and I think that format really suits Dan.
Persona 5 endurance run with Vinny and Dan, lets go!

Meguro

Banned
That picture is pretty on the nose for Dan but I think that should all but confirm it.
It's gonna be very interesting to say the least.
How will normal dude Jeff B. clash with totally cool normal dude Dan?

Tubobutts

That picture is pretty on the nose for Dan but I think that should all but confirm it.
It's gonna be very interesting to say the least.
How will normal dude Jeff B. clash with totally cool normal dude Dan?
Just a couple of normal dudes doing normal dude stuff.
tumblr_inline_o6ppfgdYyz1r76lqg_500.gif

tumblr_ob55vrZmUF1u5eu8ao1_r1_400.gif

I bet Dan and Jeff B will become best friends.

Who would have thought it would be Drew of all people that would take a shine to Dan the most? I bet the unpredictable duo will happen again on the new coast.

Strax

Shitty that Dan's going to Gbeast, and that was a shitty way to drag out the announcement. But he's gotta do what's right for him personally.

No matter what he's doing he's going about it in really bad way, especially after all the New Dan talk. Annoying x% of your fanbase with nothing to gain from it is a terrible move.

Rainmaker

Banned
Love that Dan is off to the GBEAST and thought the way he did it was great. Haters gonna hate, you do you Dan.

Yep. If he was actually leaving the company I would've thought it was a bad way to handle it but this was just a good time and a fun ride.

My word. Dan saying he spends a lot of time on r/SquaredCircle makes so much unfortunate sense. Home of the worst wrestling fans!! Yeah, I said it.

No matter what he's doing he's going about it in really bad way, especially after all the New Dan talk. Annoying x% of your fanbase with nothing to gain from it is a terrible move.

Yeah I really don't get why they didn't just say what was happening. What the hell is the point? Fits with the Giant Bomb commitment to never commit to anything, I guess.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Feels odd to speculate whether he's going or not, the UPF thing was hilarious but enough is enough they should have said one way or another on the bombcast.

I'm sure he will do great things in the GBeast office though, his ability to piss off Alex and get tricked by Vinny should make for a great combination.

Bit concerned about GB West though, Dan has felt like the driving force behind everything (either through genuine enthusiasm or by being a dick) since his first day, what was the last series they started without Dan? Alt-F1?

Man, I'll be bummed if Dan goest GBeast. I love Dan, but the reason I love GBeast is their insightful discussion and integration of social issues into their discussions , which is not Dan's strength by any means.

Rainmaker

Banned
Man, I'll be bummed if Dan goest GBeast. I love Dan, but the reason I love GBeast is their insightful discussion and integration of social issues into their discussions , which is not Dan's strength by any means.

My main hope is that kind of thought will rub off on Dan or at least bring that sort of discussion out of him.

Strax

It's probably Dan who just really wanted to do a dumb wrestling thing, because of course.

Sure but given how GB works its just strange. A big part of GB (for many) is how its more personal experience then IGN or GameSpot in the eyes of the fans and GB has some heated fans. Surely they watched how the community got crazy during the hiring process of Dan and Jason and Austin leaving. This has to stop soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom