• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTA

I... hmm. I'm not a huge fan of Dan moving to Beast, if that's what's actually happening here. I really love the atmosphere they have there, and I feel like if Dan shows up it's just gonna be all Dan all the time. I get why people don't always enjoy Dan (he goes too far for me at times, even), but West really needed that back when he showed up, and he's been a great fit there so far. If he goes to Beast permanently, West not only loses a lot of energy but Beast will probably suffer as well (for me).

I'd much rather have Beast get new blood than West too, so that's also a factor. Austin's wonderful and I'm super happy he got the opportunity he did, but Beast (while still great) already isn't the same without him. I'd love to see someone else new get added to Beast and see where that goes rather than it becoming all about Dan.

Harpuia

GBWest is dead. P5 ER with Vinny and Dan coming up

And then Mary and Danny join west and my fanfic is complete

I'll need to see how well Dan and Vinny riff off of each other first. We've only seen a little in the e3 videos, the couple of podcasts, and the mario&sonic vid. Dan and Alex are already a known quantity.

I need to see Dan and Jeff B interact, and I only anticipate the best.

I showed the roller coaster video to my girlfriend and she said "the blonde tech guy has really nice hair". :p

everyone loves drew
2842796-drewgiantbombnodding.gif

BTA

Patrick's current podcast is often really good IMO

I keep forgetting to catch up on Match 3. I listened to the first 10 or so episodes and then they got into things I really didn't want to be spoiled for so I put off listening to them and never went back, oops.

Though to be honest, as good as Patrick is on it, I found what Sam and Gita brought to usually be more interesting?

Journey is one of those games where having any expectations whatsoever will ruin it. It's also a game kind of lost to time at this point. You had to be there, you know?

Eh, I was really really excited for it for a long time and... then somehow ended up not playing for it about half a year after it came out. And still loved it. But maybe that's still within the right span of time for that "moment", hmm.

I'm more concerned about West than East if Dan is moving. He'll fit in fine with Alex and Vinny -- Dan's great at pushing all the right buttons to bring out the best in his co-hosts -- but the San Francisco office is gonna need a real shot in the arm without him.

Local Dan joins Giant Bomb East; there were no survivors. News at 10

Edit: Oh my god, I just saw the "GB NYC" Amiibo thing. How deep does this go

neshcom

Banned
I'm more concerned about West than East if Dan is moving. He'll fit in fine with Alex and Vinny -- Dan's great at pushing all the right buttons to bring out the best in his co-hosts -- but the San Francisco office is gonna need a real shot in the arm without him.

But think of all the free time for Doom-like segments on UPF now !
;_;

Ranking of Fighters is so good

SVC Chaos has it's moments, but man that game is just so meh. Which is a shame because I love parts of it's roster.

Rewatching the part of the demo derby where MGScanlon was born. Dan basically spoils the entire series in 20 minutes.

And drew didn't remember a single bit of it.

Nose Master

RIP Beastcast. Lose Austin, gain Dan. Ugh. Here's hoping Alex chews him out enough that he chills a bit with his awful "hahaha I'm so fucking dumb you guys really whats yogurt" schtick.

Chuck

Still without luck

Snider is the new hire at GB West

THE WHOLE GIANT BOMB WORLD GONE TO HELL

A bunch of dumb shit involving Dan.

RIP Beastcast. Lose Austin, gain Dan. Ugh. Here's hoping Alex chews him out enough that he chills a bit with his awful "hahaha I'm so fucking dumb you guys really whats yogurt" schtick.
All good stuff then.

*settles in*

Lunar FC

I mean they end up telling the same stories to each other over and over, and sometimes it seems like it's the first they ever heard of it. Did you know Rorie played a lot of San Fransisco rush?

What story did Dan tell on the bombcast today for the tenth time? Can't think of it for the life of me.

Tagyhag

Just noticed the change on the left - 8 cents and 5 cents - change on 8/5? Beastcast day? hmmmm

It'd be a shame if he didn't have a "Dan's Taco Bell Party" like Vinny did.

I assume it'll be his last day and he won't be showing up to this week's beascast.

Anjin M

Man this is crazy, how did GBeast become the flagship. I hope West has a new hire lined up soon.
Not sure if they've posted a position yet. Will probably be a while.

While I'm here, I would love for GBwest to grab Mary, but GameSpot has to be ramping up that Universe thing. I bet she ends up busier than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom