• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Sure but given how GB works its just strange. A big part of GB (for many) is how its more personal experience then IGN or GameSpot in the eyes of the fans and GB has some heated fans. Surely they watched how the community got crazy during the hiring process of Dan and Jason and Austin leaving. This has to stop soon.
Wait. It hasn't stopped?

popo

Anyone getting too worked up over this needs to have a good look about their relationship with the site. Get some emotional distance before you end up getting hurt. Reminding me a bit of when a boy band slits up and Facebook is full of tween girls taking about suicide.

I don't think Jeff and Dan are being callous by teasing their fans, they likely just can't comprehend that anyone would care that much. If they do think about it, I bet they could do without the more fervent section of the fanbase, even if those same people are responsible for a lot of their success.

Scizzy

Man, I'll be bummed if Dan goest GBeast. I love Dan, but the reason I love GBeast is their insightful discussion and integration of social issues into their discussions , which is not Dan's strength by any means.

It might just be the lack of news, but I feel like there has been very little of this since Austin left.

Strax

Anyone getting too worked up over this needs to have a good look about their relationship with the site. Get some emotional distance before you end up getting hurt. Reminding me a bit of when a boy band slits up and Facebook is full of tween girls taking about suicide.

I don't think Jeff and Dan are being callous by teasing their fans, they likely just can't comprehend that anyone would care that much. If they do think about it, I bet they could do without the more fervent section of the fanbase, even if those same people are responsible for a lot of their success.

100% agree with you on the first part but imo it was GB who opened that door.

The second part I call BS on. Dan was here teasing posters and this isn't even the GB forums. Jeff has talked about it in the past that its strange seeing their personal lives talked about on forums and twitter so I think its pretty clear they know how deep many people are.

Im just worried that if Dan moves here there is a 98% chance of him moving to Bergen County NJ. And as i stated he will need to buy a car to survive here. I just dont like the thought of Dan on my roads, NJ drivers are crazy enough already.

Nero18

These thinga are entertaining for a second or two before they just become annoying and uninteresting. As has been the case with Kojima over the last decade or so.

Im just worried that if Dan moves here there is a 98% chance of him moving to Bergen County NJ. And as i stated he will need to buy a car to survive here. I just dont like the thought of Dan on my roads, NJ drivers are crazy enough already.

We're not too bad compared to NY. Though depending on where you are in Central Jersey my answer can vary.

These thinga are entertaining for a second or two before they just become annoying and uninteresting. As has been the case with Kojima over the last decade or so.

That time when people thought a real doctor was the doctor in the Phantom Pain trailer was pretty amazing though.

I half wonder if Dan isn't saying anything because he's just going to show up on the Beastcast this week. His family was there to help him move faster so he could leave right after the Bombcast. He shows up Friday on Beastcast saying he was kicked out of SF and he thought "Why not NY?"

It's great that GB has worked on their multi-office videomaking methods around now. It seems to work well and is a good sign for the future of the site, decreasing the downsides among the upsides of having two locations.

I can see him moving to Queens or Hoboken. No way he puts up with Blue laws

NY drivers are aggressive, PA drivers are dumb.

Fixed that for you.

NJ drivers are just as aggressive as NYC drivers.

Hindl

NY drivers are aggressive, NJ drivers are dumb.

Fixed that for you.

NJ drivers are just as aggressive as NYC drivers.

This. Ugh growing up in south Jersey at the shore, I still reflexively grit my teeth when I see Pennsylvania plates (or lack thereof on the front of the car). Also shoutout to the shittiness of MA drivers but especially CT. Whenever I drive in CT it feels like I'm in Mad Max

repeater

This just in, footage of Alex hearing the news about Dan going to Beast:
RhHxJJA.gif

This. Ugh growing up in south Jersey at the shore, I still reflexively grit my teeth when I see Pennsylvania plates (or lack thereof on the front of the car). Also shoutout to the shittiness of MA drivers but especially CT. Whenever I drive in CT it feels like I'm in Mad Max

Not sure where you're at on the shore, but where I am I get all the Staten Island and LAWNG ISGLUND drivers. So much slamming on the gas, slamming on the brakes, slamming on the gas, slamming on the brakes while they look for parking.

That picture is pretty on the nose for Dan but I think that should all but confirm it.
It's gonna be very interesting to say the least.
How will normal dude Jeff B. clash with totally cool normal dude Dan?

Jeff B. will encourage Dan to keep eating candy and junk food.

popo

100% agree with you on the first part but imo it was GB who opened that door.

The second part I call BS on. Dan was here teasing posters and this isn't even the GB forums. Jeff has talked about it in the past that its strange seeing their personal lives talked about on forums and twitter so I think its pretty clear they know how deep many people are.

They know they are messing with people but I don't think they are doing it to be mean. Not even Dan. They are just having a bit of fun with it. When Dan used to troll on twitter he would always roll it back when he realised he had gone too far, like when he was trolling the world cup that time and people got nasty.

If Dan ends up leaving the site and they teased it out for a week, I can understand some people being pissed but if it is just a move of office they likely don't see it as a big deal and I am sure, once the hissy fits have died down, most people will agree.

Patrick leaving Kotaku the same week Dan might be moving to GBEast? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

!

The overriding factor with Patrick is that, I believe, he just bought a house - which pretty much ties him to Chicago and the experiment with him working remotely for GB didn't end well.

didn't his girlfriend just move cross country to California?

I remember that talk on danswers

you idiots who move everywhere are idiots. You're supposed to live and die no more than 20 miles from your birthplace

Rainmaker

Banned
This "stupid wrestling thing" (it was just a stipulation to a SFV match) was them having some fun and being creative. The end to that UPF was legitimately surprising and a cool way to play up him moving. Way more fun than just "well, I'll be moving to NY next week."

I listened to the Team GFB podcast this week for the first time. I'll start tuning in if Adam is a regular. He, Dave Lang, and Darryl made a good trio. I enjoyed the Miami story and Adam's traveling adventures

Tuffty

It'll be sad if Dan goes because honestly he's someone there at GBWest that can consistently make Jeff laugh. Will we still get HitDan?

BearPawB

Banned
If it was more serious they would treat it more seriously.

Dan will still be there making content.
We are gonna get new ideas/new shows/new interactions

And no one can tell me they aren't looking forward to Dan driving Alex insane!

It'll be sad if Dan goes because honestly he's someone there at GBWest that can consistently make Jeff laugh. Will we still get HitDan?

I don't see any reason why they couldn't do the competition style hits cross coast if they wanted to. but the rest, not sure how that would play out.

hamchan

This "stupid wrestling thing" (it was just a stipulation to a SFV match) was them having some fun and being creative. The end to that UPF was legitimately surprising and a cool way to play up him moving. Way more fun than just "well, I'll be moving to NY next week."

Just like wrestling there are some fans who take it way too seriously.

"Giant Bomb's booking sucks. Don't they know they are hurting their own business! I'm gonna watch a separate promotion, maybe Super Best Friends."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom