• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
I watch maybe 2-3 quick looks a month

I enjoy everything else way more. Demo Derby might be my favorite video thing they do

Lunar FC

Abzû looks fucking incredible. Probably wont play it doe. :/

Edit: That's a big Manta Ray.

Edit 2: Guess they can get pretty large.

wpid-article-1274726923436-09ba636b000005dc-397875_636x365.jpg

Skatterd

Probably posted but Dan posted a pic of Rick Rude on Nitro to his instagram.
Which in Dan speak means he'll be on the Beastcast Friday.

tonka

wait, how big is the XBox One original (fuck me that's gonna be confusing in the future) that the reduced size appears to be comparable with an Original XBox?

Scizzy

My God, I should not have watched that Abzu QL after finishing it on the PS4. I'd thought it was one of the most beautiful games I had ever played, but now seeing that PC version...

popo

wait, how big is the XBox One original (fuck me that's gonna be confusing in the future) that the reduced size appears to be comparable with an Original XBox?

Nah, a first gen Xbox One (438 cubic inches) is big but still smaller than an OG Xbox (525 cubic inches). Xbox One S is comparable to the PS4. 258 cubic inches vs. 264 cubic inches.

I was going to impulse buy an S but I don't need it so I stopped myself. The original is still fine.

Holy shit the production quality on this Xbox One S video is amazing. This is exactly what Giant Bomb should be.

So just film everything in front of green screen.

Xbox One S, about 1 Fudgehog pinata .
mydBuhR.png

Zaph

Microsoft doing Braun proud. Looks great, but wasted on a console few will buy instead of waiting.

Nah, a first gen Xbox One (438 cubic inches) is big but still smaller than an OG Xbox (525 cubic inches). Xbox One S is comparable to the PS4. 258 cubic inches vs. 264 cubic inches.
OG Xbox was a beast. Damn I loved that machine.

popo

One advantage of West going short staffed is more Drew and Jason on camera and video. Since they have as many video producers as they do editors there is no longer an excuse to hide in control room.

OG Xbox was a beast. Damn I loved that machine.

I liked how they put it together quickly from off the shelf parts. Disc drive going wonky? Just switch it out with any other xbox optical drrve. Want a bigger hard drive? Any desktop drive can be formatted to fit. Sure there was some wasted space but that just improves airflow.

Xboxinside02-400x306.jpg

Then they pay some company a fortune to (over) design the 360 and end up with a billion dollar RROD.

JambiBum

I hope that Dan going to NYC isn't a permanent thing. I love how he interacts with Drew/Jeff/Jason too much. I am interested to see how the Vinny and Dan thing goes though.

Zaph

I liked how they put it together quickly from off the shelf parts. Disc drive going wonky? Just switch it out with any other xbox optical drrve. Want a bigger hard drive? Any desktop drive can be formatted to fit. Sure there was some wasted space but that just improves airflow.

Xboxinside02-400x306.jpg

Then they pay some company a fortune to (over) design the 360 and end up with a billion dollar RROD.

Yup, it was such a consumer-friendly layout, with very few parts or plugs soldered onto the board - even installing a modded LCD screen was a doddle. Tons of airflow so whisper quiet too.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-efhCvJc87xc/UjoKz89L1zI/AAAAAAAACe4/_ks6iwpL0iM/s1600/Xboxinside02-400x306.jpg[IMG]

Then they pay some company a fortune to (over) design the 360 and end up with a billion dollar RROD.[/QUOTE]

Anecdotal, but I actually had my original Xbox RROD in 2004 =(

[SPOILER]Then three 360s two years later[/SPOILER]

I kinda want an Xbox One S. I've been holding off on getting one, and now that there are a couple of games that I wouldn't mind playing on the machine I'm closer to getting one. I could also just wait for the Scorpio.

Ashby

I hope that Dan going to NYC isn't a permanent thing. I love how he interacts with Drew/Jeff/Jason too much. I am interested to see how the Vinny and Dan thing goes though.

People have been speculating that the Terminator in his "announcement" picture is him saying, "I'll be back."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom