• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
So the RV trip is really happening (via Adam Boyes)
Thanks to @willsmith, Lotus of Siam it is! 60 min wait, so we ordered to eat in the RV
Co-j9lTWYAAHBQz.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/amboyes/status/761007150013571072

Velikost

Duuuuude Dan's really leaving for NYC? I mean, the BeastCast is gonna be nuts now, but I dunno if Papa Jeff can carry Brad, Drew and Jason all by himself. This is going to be weird.

AND NOW MARIO PARTY PARTIES WILL BE EVEN FURTHER APART. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mr. F

Banned
I hope if Austin does end up doing a podcast with patrick that he does it from the Vice office - the sound quality on his home setup is rouuuugh. I guess it's a bandwidth/compression thing? It's noticeable on Friends at the Table too.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching that Ewan McGregor bike around the world documentary that Drew mentionned a couple of times on the podcast... This is fucking fantastic.

They are in the middle of Ukraine right now and a random dude in the village invited them to his house for the night and in the middle of dinner the dude runs upstairs and comes back down with a guitar in his left hand and an AK-47 in his right hand lmao.

I'm watching that Ewan McGregor bike around the world documentary that Drew mentionned a couple of times on the podcast... This is fucking fantastic.

They are in the middle of Ukraine right now and a random dude in the village invited them to his house for the night and in the middle of dinner the dude runs upstairs and comes back down with a guitar in his left hand and an AK-47 in his right hand lmao.

what the fuck lol

Jothel

The Long Way Down is also good - where they bike from northern to southern Africa.

Is it on Netflix?

Salarians

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man Drew is in like every QuickLook this week huh? Maybe instead of hiring some one new right away they're just bumping him up to a much more regular content participant

Megasoum

Banned
Is it on Netflix?

I think it might be on US Netflix? It's not in Canada.

It's called The long way round.

It's on YouTube but kinda shitty quality.

Any of y'all been to an F1 race? I'd defiantly urge you guys to go to one given the opportunity.

Yeah, I've been to the Canadian GP twice. I think it was 2002 and 2004. It was great. I was sitting on the chicane before the hairpin and I remember that the BAR were so fucking loud that you could hear them downshift in your chest when they were breaking for the hairpin like 500ft behind you lol.

Any of y'all been to an F1 race? I'd defiantly urge you guys to go to one given the opportunity.

I went to one back in 2014, in large part due to Alt+F1 and my father being into the sport. It was an incredible experience and I'm glad I went (it's indescribable how fast those cars are, what you see on TV does no justice to the speed).

I would like to go again, but I dropped $600 per ticket... And while it was super enjoyable, there's a lot of other awesome things I can do with $600.

Is it on Netflix?

I checked and both "Long Way Round" and the follow up show "Long Way Down" are on US Netflix. Both of them are great.

When McGregor got too busy to do the trips Charley Boorman did three more for TV - By Any Means, By Any Means 2, and Race to Dakar. All these shows are fun as well.

Lunar FC

Yeah, I've been to the Canadian GP twice. I think it was 2002 and 2004. It was great. I was sitting on the chicane before the hairpin and I remember that the BAR were so fucking loud that you could hear them downshift in your chest when they were breaking for the hairpin like 500ft behind you lol.
I still remmember the feeling as I was walking over a bridge during FP3 and just the sensation of the cars passing underneath you. Indescribable.

I went to one back in 2014, in large part due to Alt+F1 and my father being into the sport. It was an incredible experience and I'm glad I went (it's indescribable how fast those cars are, what you see on TV does no justice to the speed).

I would like to go again, but I dropped $600 per ticket... And while it was super enjoyable, there's a lot of other awesome things I can do with $600.

USGP I assume? I went in 2012. Awesome experiance.

I think it might be on US Netflix? It's not in Canada.

It's called The long way round.

It's on YouTube but kinda shitty quality.

I checked and both "Long Way Round" and the follow up show "Long Way Down" are on US Netflix. Both of them are great.

When McGregor got too busy to do the trips Charley Boorman did three more for TV - By Any Means, By Any Means 2, and Race to Dakar. All these shows are fun as well.

Sweet! I'll check it out

Oh man, the Abzu QL made me realise how wide open the window is for an open world seafaring game, where you can seamlessly explore 'neath sea and over the land. Just imagine the possibilities!

Also, Abzu looks great.

Xater

I was super bored 5 minutes into the Abzu QL. A nice looking game, but I could not think of anything more boring to play.

I had an urge last night to watch a lot of old Gamespot's Tournament TVs.

I remember on one of the Counter-Strike ones they did Ryan MacDonald brought in his replica guns (which I think are the ones they got from Japan and brought back via the airport...)

Xater

It's too bad they couldn't do one last in studio Mario Party Party before Dan goes gbeast.

So does East now have to continue the tradition? I mean they still have not played all of them. Also who is going to be the fourth player? Don't say Jeff, becaus he has a job at CNET and I doubt he can just say he has to play Mario Party for 4 hours.

Beast cannot fit four people into their recording closet at one time so no Mario Party Party-alike content can happen. Let's shut that down right now

Yeah, that's really good. Watched it years ago when it first aired on British television. The guy he is traveling with Charlie Boorman is famous director John Boorman's son. He directed the excellent Deliverance and the less excellent but totally bonkers Zardoz.

Somehow that unboxing video is borderline nauseating to me. Maybe it's because of the green screen background and constant camera movement. It's very strange.

Patryn

So what is UPF going to be like this week?

Jeff is on vacation and Dan is headed to NYC. Danny, the most likely pinch hitter, is over in Europe.

So... Mary? Peter? Random guest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom