• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
So I'm gonna do a side project to do a This Year Collection style for the Giant Beastcast. Aside from vacuuming up everything on Myggen's channel, I was thinking of making a googledoc so I could try and crowdsource getting good moments from the first 50-60 episodes or so. Thoughts, GBGaf?

I'd def help you with that, Jintor. There are ~10 that I have not listened to, it'd act as an incentive. And Austin & co. deserve that too.

Myggen

So I'm gonna do a side project to do a This Year Collection style for the Giant Beastcast. Aside from vacuuming up everything on Myggen's channel, I was thinking of making a googledoc so I could try and crowdsource getting good moments from the first 50-60 episodes or so. Thoughts, GBGaf?

I'll help you, I'm sure I have notes of moments I haven't included on YT.

Filed Under: Clash Royale

I THOUGHT WE WERE FREE

giphy.gif

Jintor

Generally speaking I would want every moment you'd think of as notable, and we can edit down from there. I'd like to do the stuff like in the few This Year Collections I've listened to where they kind of establish a theme for the entire thing (usually structuring it after the normal order of a 'cast), so it'd be nice to get a lot of material to work with and then edit down.

Didn't the This Year guy post here occasionally? It'd be nice to pick their brains. I know they're not actively producing as much anymore but I think their website is still up.

Also I know jackshit about actually hosting it anywhere. Worst worst I'll throw it up on YouTube, but obviously I'd prefer to put it somewhere with an RSS feed... ah well

Anyway, for the moment, all I'm doing is relistening to casts from episode 1 onwards and timestamping funny bits.

tonka

Generally speaking I would want every moment you'd think of as notable, and we can edit down from there. I'd like to do the stuff like in the few This Year Collections I've listened to where they kind of establish a theme for the entire thing (usually structuring it after the normal order of a 'cast), so it'd be nice to get a lot of material to work with and then edit down.

Didn't the This Year guy post here occasionally? It'd be nice to pick their brains. I know they're not actively producing as much anymore but I think their website is still up.

Also I know jackshit about actually hosting it anywhere. Worst worst I'll throw it up on YouTube, but obviously I'd prefer to put it somewhere with an RSS feed... ah well

Anyway, for the moment, all I'm doing is relistening to casts from episode 1 onwards and timestamping funny bits.

can't wait for the hour-long corrections segment

and the equally long Bakalar rhyming rotating chair bit at the start

I endorse this product or feature

Suddenly I'm starting to think it's a good thing that Austin is leaving. Motherfucker's Quick Looks keep making me buy games I never knew I wanted. Gundam Breaker is just the latest in a long line of games I've bought purely because of Austin

Youtube is actually probably your best bet. Without making your own blog or getting GB to host it themselves, I don't think you can put it into an RSS anywhere. MEGA would be a good alternative to host the audio file directly for people who want to download it for later.

I'll help out however I can. I can handle audio files!

I hate to be that guy that makes the thread do my legwork, but is there an easy link anywhere to the drive to E3 mixlr stream? I've been completely out of touch this whole E3 on vacation and could use some audio material for my roadtrip home later this week

Bacon

You can try to reach out to him at his Twitter account @matthewfloratos. He advertises his personal Twitter handle on his podcast compilations so I hope its ok that I post it here.

Megasoum

Banned
Not GB related but I just finished watching the "Paradise Lost" Documentary trilogy..... HOLY SHIT WTF.....

How the hell am I supposed to go sleep now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom