• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

neither. I appreciated the art and style but 'you don't take your drugs and then the world is shit' is a) a weird message and b) kinda passe?

wonder what the gameplay is like

Well that's a bummer, that crazy multi-vehicle game that Criterion was working on is scrapped. They reached the expected end result of just being a husk of a studio that helps on other projects. Three Fields Entertainment is our only hope for a new Burnout-style game now.

My love of Overwatch apparently makes me an Anime fan, so that makes Austin's departure that much more difficult. I have not yet chosen a waifu, but my understanding is that is obligatory.

Well that's a bummer, that crazy multi-vehicle game that Criterion was working on is scrapped. They reached the expected end result of just being a husk of a studio that helps on other projects. Three Fields Entertainment is our only hope for a new Burnout-style game now.

They're working on a new IP, they need to pay the bills somehow.

oti

Banned
Brad is already the worst.

"Horizon Zero Dawn felt like a complete game, I played a 10 minute demo of it." Meanwhile Zelda has an hour long demo on the show floor and the Treehouse streamed something like 5h of gameplay. I also don't get the obsession with Sea of Thieves. All they've shown is drinking and working on a boat. It sounds really cool though.

But who cares, list is still pretty good. And it's SCIENCE.

Brad is still the worst.

"Horizon Zero Dawn felt like a complete game, I played a 10 minute demo of it." Meanwhile Zelda has an hour long demo on the show floor and the Treehouse streamed something like 5h of gameplay. I also don't get the obsession with Sea of Thieves. All they've shown is drinking and working on a boat. It sounds really cool though.

Brad is still the worst.

Eh, I could see the argument between Zero Dawn and Zelda. Sure they showed a lot of gameplay off of Zelda but it was still not much of what you expect to actually do in a Zelda game. There is still more to see about what makes that game so it can feel like less of a game when a lot of the stuff shown was just meandering around. Where Zero Dawn may have shown less but seeing the mechanics for gameplay and stuff can just feel more fully developed.

It's just perception but I can totally understand where it comes from.

Sea of Thieves is going to be complete shit with strangers, let's be honest.

The ideal game to play at E3 with a led experience but out in the wild? I'm not so sure.

I hope the single player/pick up group experience is well realised. I'm the only one in my group of friends who plays games that aren't FIFA.

KingKong

Brad is still the worst.

the craziest thing was them thinking We Happy Few and Strafe looked good

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Nothing about Strafe looks good. The 'nostalgia bro!' art style, the UI, the jerkiness of the aim, the enemy design. I was... very surprised to hear Jeff talk it up.

but nothing about Death Stranding was new or exciting or told us anything except Reedus is still maybe involved and we saw how that went over.

Will We Happy Few have story missions and stuff? I saw a little bit of gameplay but it was someone running around for ages and then punching some people.

Nothing about Strafe looks good. The 'nostalgia bro!' art style, the UI, the jerkiness of the aim, the enemy design. I was... very surprised to hear Jeff talk it up.

I wasn't. The guys like to think they are above nostalgia (Brad, Alex and Jeff), but put anything out that resembles a PC game from the 90s and they are all in.

Megasoum

Banned
LOL at Dan saying "Yeah I've seen those lap dog things but I don't want to pay 150$" right after he listed all the stuff he bought to make his ghetto setup work including a new ottoman lol.

I haven't seen any of Strafe, but as I was listening to that dude talk about how you could paint the entire room in blood and how sick that is, all I kept thinking was "this conversation is fucking insane to anyone who isn't into FPS games and kind of makes me embarrassed for the medium a little bit"

daveo42

Banned

We Happy Few looked real good. The information that came out after is the real disappointment. Maybe they'll get it right, but I expected a tight narrative experience out of it instead of a procedural survival game. Strafe gets props because it's like an old game and GB is mostly old dudes.
I think it looks rad

LiK

Whoa, Jeff is super excited for DQ Builders. I'm guessing this could be a sleeper top ten in GOTY if everyone gets into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom