• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I'll just say if you noticed the emergence of New Dan, the catalyst for that seems to have not been in SF for the past week.

Nobody is going to shame you if you are following his gf on twitter or whatever. If not you would miss gems like this.

@DanRyckert was shocked when he noticed my neutered dog's lil penis. Apparently he thought "fixing" meant "removing penis."

Zaph

Nobody is going to shame you if you are following his gf on twitter or whatever. If not you would miss gems like this.
I like to think most of the Dan-isms are an act, but then things like that happen when there's no audience around, so...

Nah I just find it weird that I know so much about these people I don't know IRL. Then she tweets about going to a bar in the town I grew up in, I just feel like I know to much.

You can, and it's aaawesome. I don't even like Dota (at all), but it's a great VR thing to do.

I don't really know it much myself, but the implementation seems cool from the screenshots. I haven't taken the time to check it out with the Vive though. Is the international going to overlap with Unprofessional Friday? Because if it is Brad should have his segment locked up.

nope, Brad said he's going to the real thing.

Hmmm.. maybe these are qualifiers people are watching or something? It seems like people are already checking it out.

popo

It is weird reading GB related threads in Gaming - like the Patrick to VICE one - and seeing all these people with GB avatars or talking with in depth knowledge about the site and not recognising any of them from this thread. GB really has a ton of fans on GAF and only a small fraction post in here. I guess the move to community didn't help. Mainly I blame you guys for scaring them off.

Nah I just find it weird that I know so much about these people I don't know IRL. Then she tweets about going to a bar in the town I grew up in, I just feel like I know to much.

If you ever feel yourself thinking - I should go down to that bar and meet them, then you have probably gone too far. Otherwise I think you are cool.

Being a GB fan living in SF must be really weird. NYC is huge but I imagine if you were out and about in SF you couldn't help running in to the staff from time to time.

Sick burn, Matt

H1dwyY5.png

It is weird reading GB related threads in Gaming - like the Patrick to VICE one - and seeing all these people with GB avatars or talking with in depth knowledge about the site and not recognising any of them from this thread. GB really has a ton of fans on GAF and only a small fraction post in here. I guess the move to community didn't help. Mainly I blame you guys for scaring them off.

If you ever feel yourself thinking - I should go down to that bar and meet them, then you have probably gone too far. Otherwise I think you are cool.

Being a GB fan living in SF must be really weird. NYC is huge but I imagine if you were out and about in SF you couldn't help running in to the staff from time to time.

I lived next to the CBSi office for a while. I saw Ryan once and a bunch of IGN people pretty regularly.

Mupod

In 2011 I put a couple $2 yate loon fans I had lying around into a hyper 212, slapped that thing onto a 2500k@4.5, and have been going strong since.

popo

In 2011 I put a couple $2 yate loon fans I had lying around into a hyper 212, slapped that thing onto a 2500k@4.5, and have been going strong since.

A while back I spent ages trying to get asus to sell me a replacement propriatory graphics card fan to no avail. It had wierd plastric mounts that no other fan would fit. Eventually I just cable tied a case fan to the heatsink and that card lasted another two years. It was ugly as sin but the temps were actually cooler.

coming from the #1 guy in this thread who annoys the staff members the most, that's rich.

but also have you even seen how the threads in Gaming go? woof

I was talking (joking) about other GB fans being scarred off of this thread. Not sure what my one tiff with Brad has to do with anything?

I'm sorry to hear that he died.

I don't think he died, but I believe he was kidnapped. It explains why he shaved his head, changed his diet and was forced to leave GB West. He didn't want to, but someone is forcing him to do it.

In the most recent unboxing video, you can see one of the hosts flaunting his weapons to the camera. He calls it Joey, which I think is code for something. This is a blatant threat and shouldn't be tolerated.

Dan, if you can see this, give us a sign that you're OK. We can send help, but you have to give us something.

Did I do it right?

Nerokis

coming from the #1 guy in this thread who annoys the staff members the most, that's rich.

but also have you even seen how the threads in Gaming go? woof

Those threads are one thing; seeing GB news on /r/Games is another. I didn't realize how much of a rightward shift that subreddit had been through until I skimmed through a thread about Patrick joining Vice (which I do consider GB news). Stuff that was straight up excited tended to be given a negative-mixed reaction. To praise Patrick and Austin, one had to give the disclaimer, "I don't agree with their politics, but..." It was weird.

BearPawB

Banned
It really is, I just played 10 online games in a row and they were all great.

Yeah, it's rare i like playing these games online/without people i know. But the gameplay is entertaining enough as it is.

Especially for a game I rolled my eyes at when it was announced as a PS+ title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom