• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally finding that egg was the best feeling in the world. I essentially did exactly what Brad did to take out the broker, but was much more successful getting away.

It was still EXTREMELY stressful.

karobit

GB Duder Fursonas
Jeff: Bear
Brad: Guinea Pig
Dan: Bald Eagle
Drew: Golden Retriever
Alex: Lemur
Vinny: Black Labrador

Austin: Koala (because he looks so cuddly)
Patrick: Mongoose (wearing a wig)

I can't place Jason and Bakalar yet.

Pretty sure that, canonically, Drew is an alpaca

fstop

Neo Member
omg

so Dan was really close to it?

He was inches to the left of it but never turned the camera. That said, he'd still have had to take out two guards in the same room and watch the minimap for the regular target's pattern.

That's a piece of cake for anyone who's gone after some mastery points, but Dan literally played Paris once before.

Hell, I actually debated if
a suit-only run from the auction
would be simpler, but it's hard to not take the easy win on the elusives. I simply rubber ducked Busey in an alley once I learned his spawn point. Combining elusives with escalations might be a nice way to repackage these later with some challenge.

Y'know at first I thought it was kinda weird that Sean Murray was getting so upset about people playing No Man's Sky early, but now that I see that patch log... that game really was not meant to be seen before day 1, huh?

Y'know at first I thought it was kinda weird that Sean Murray was getting so upset about people playing No Man's Sky early, but now that I see that patch log... that game really was not meant to be seen before day 1, huh?

The amount of shit they're adding there is pretty mindblowing. Completely changes the game in a lot of respects.

BearPawB

Banned
To me, it is less that the game has been rushed...and more that it is one of those games that IDK if the studio will ever feel is "complete"

There is always more to add to these kinds of games,
just look at Star Citizen

To me, it is less that the game has been rushed...and more that it is one of those games that IDK if the studio will ever feel is "complete"

There is always more to add to these kinds of games,
just look at Star Citizen

It's a bit of both I expect.

This is like the ideal window for Sony to release this game in. Nothing new is out just now.

Mr. F

Banned
So UPF was decent? I wasn't exactly rushing to catch up after seeing who was on.

Also that Hitman feature was really great, made me nostalgic for everyone being under the same roof. I agree brad's play style doesn't make for great watching as its 90% humming and hawing, but was still fun with Beast commentary.

Edit; speaking of Sean Murray, assuming they ever did it again I would love a sitdown video with him and Brad like the Cowboy one for uncharted. So much space maths to discuss.

Mr. F

Banned
Speaking of which.

Chance for hitman to appear in goty?

110%. If it stayed in its initial form of just a Brad/Dan feature I could see it having a bit of trouble gaining traction with the rest of the staff, but at this rate everyone minus Alex has been involved in a video around the elusive targets and has loved it. I don't think anyone needs convincing, it's probably a lock in the best surprise category too.

Fortune favours the bold- I would say it takes 6 or 7 in the top 10, and within the top 3 of Brad/Dan's personal lists.

The No Man's Sky changelist is all well and good, but I kinda agree with Austin in the sense that it's kinda shitty of Sean to say "people using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but some people just can't help themselves"

It's not daymeeuhn's fault that your game wasn't finished until two days before launch, homie. Don't get salty about it. Acknowledge that your game had a problem, don't blame someone for using a fairly obvious game mechanic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The No Man's Sky changelist is all well and good, but I kinda agree with Austin in the sense that it's kinda shitty of Sean to say "people using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but some people just can't help themselves"

It's not daymeeuhn's fault that your game wasn't finished until two days before launch, homie. Don't get salty about it. Acknowledge that your game had a problem, don't blame someone for using a fairly obvious game mechanic.

I mean.

Is it actually a problem if it wasn't meant to launch that way?

GUYS IT IS NOON

IT IS TIME FOR A WEEKLY SEAN MURRAY WORSHIP

And remember tomorrow is the Jeff Gerstmann worship, make sure to bring in the Rockstar.

Meguro

Banned
I don't see how you read Murrays response and come away from it feeling like he's "salty" that someone played the game early.

Austin didn't say that was shitty btw, he just didn't agree with the word cheat as far as I can tell.

After seeing the No Mans Sky patch notes (and already dropping hints for stuff coming in patch 2) I am totally going to wait a few months and see what that game looks like after all that stuff drops.

Probably one of the more significant Day 1 patches I have seen on paper and I was pounding the "Day 1 patches dont change a lot" drum.

Anyway I am gonna preorder Deus Ex now.

Also I think I might run a Half Marrathon at the end of September for the hell of it even though I probably wont be ready with the time frame. It will be a total mess but I kinda want to just try it and if I dont do it now Ill be waiting until next year for another long race. I wanna keep running and I think I need a target every month or two to keep me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom