• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying someone seems cool is worshipping them?

You're reading a lot into that comment!

not you specifically, but in general

the way people latch onto a single person from a team (miyamoto, gabe newell, levine, etc) irks me

Wspector2-small.png

Meguro

Banned
I think Kojima is probably the biggest example of that, even if he actually has a LOT of input into the games he directs.
Probably moreso than most, which is how stuff like Bond references make it into a game like MGS3.

popo

What is that GameInformer video that Dan references, the one where one of his colleagues hates him and makes no secret of it?

thx

Lunar FC

Just finished upf. I could shared a virtual space with Brad. :(

Edit: Dammit. I knew Sleeping would be in there. Jello.

Edit2: Fobwashed trying hard to retain his #1 fan title.

repeater

Was I the only one that heard one of the DOTA commentators say "and we are live on UPF" some ways into the DOTA segment? I wonder how large a part of their audience knew what the hell he was talking about.

Zaph

BAHhwCB.png

so, i know they're trying to do a little thing like create a new site, but if Austin and Patrick could drop by CBSi, that would be an incredible Beastcast. They could write it off to Vice as audience building

Listening to the latest Beastcast, I think Dan's topic of irrational hatred has finally been revealed (TellTale adventures / adventure games in general(?)).

Now every member of Giant Bomb, except Drew who is perfect, has a codified irrational feeling towards certain types of video games.

Tagyhag

Listening to the latest Beastcast, I think Dan's topic of irrational hatred has finally been revealed (TellTale adventures / adventure games in general(?)).

Now every member of Giant Bomb, except Drew who is perfect, has a codified irrational feeling towards certain types of video games.

He never said adventure games in general, just Telltale games. And that hatred can be pretty rational. Their writing isn't exactly quality all the time and their game engine is inexcusable.

He never said adventure games in general, just Telltale games. And that hatred can be pretty rational. Their writing isn't exactly quality all the time and their game engine is inexcusable.

Right, thanks for the correction.

While disdain towards TellTale can be rational... his wasn't. He specifically cited the IPs attached and Telltale's "QTE games" as the issue. Then the others, mainly Alex IIRC, made it a broader discussion about how TellTale's games have evolved into their own thing over time, and how that hasn't been a bad progression.

And really, no matter what you think of TellTale's games, Tales From the Borderlands should prove that TellTale still has it. Somehow... against all odds. (Although with the technical state of Batman, I really wonder how much longer they can hold on to their own success. They are their own worst enemy, by far.)

Speaking of the Beastcast, when Dan mentioned his step dad being used to the channel number reminded me alot about my Grandmother. She's used to the number of clicks she presses on the remote so I have to arrange all the channels she wants to the number of clicks she's used to...lol.

Some people have it worse, Dan.

Speaking of the Beastcast, when Dan mentioned his step dad being used to the channel number reminded me alot about my Grandmother. She's used to the number of clicks she presses on the remote so I have to arrange all the channels she wants to the number of clicks she's used to...lol.

That part was really interesting. Those kinds of stories are always so incredible, for how relatable they are.

Strax

My dad used to hold the remote in his left hand and press the buttons with the index finger of his right hand.

BearPawB

Banned
Stay out of Review threads
Stay out of review threads
Stay out of review threads

*repeats forever while crying in a corner, hands clutched to his knees*

Could someone spoil me on what sort of game No Man's Sky actually is? It's Terraria, right?

I still don't understand why people are so confused.
The developers have released plenty of videos and footage.

You explore space, go to planets, get minerals, fight things, go to knew planets, find new creatures, upgrade your shit, in a quest to get to the center of the u

Strax

Right, thanks for the correction.

While disdain towards TellTale can be rational... his wasn't. He specifically cited the IPs attached and Telltale's "QTE games" as the issue. Then the others, mainly Alex IIRC, made it a broader discussion about how TellTale's games have evolved into their own thing over time, and how that hasn't been a bad progression.

And really, no matter what you think of TellTale's games, Tales From the Borderlands should prove that TellTale still has it. Somehow... against all odds. (Although with the technical state of Batman, I really wonder how much longer they can hold on to their own success. They are their own worst enemy, by far.)

Telltale just straight up feels soulless. Since they made The Walking Dead (2012) they've made 8 games and only one of them isn't based on something else, they all look the same and play the same.

A thought occurred to me. As far as we know, no one has yet filled Adam Boyes' role at Sony and VP of Third Party Relations. What if it's being kept open to be filled by John Vignocchi after all the Disney stuff is wrapped up? I mean, while at Disney he (thanks to his friendship with Adam) created a nice relationship with PlayStation. Do you think it would be a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom