• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I just started Blood and Wine and I wasn't expecting much after finishing hearts of stone, but this seems like it's MASSIVE. And it's gorgeous to boot. I'm barely an hour in and I can understand where all the praise comes from.

Yeah, it's big and real impressive visually. I didn't enjoy the main storyline as much as Hearts of Stone but I liked the aesthetic and that they introduced a mechanic to address one of the main issues with the main game's progression (namely, that after a certain point there is no use in spending skill points so you have an overabundance).

Tubobutts

I think Brad should go first next time. Dan gets help from the judges and then they can't help Brad.

Of course it hasn't actually helped him, but it's the principle of the thing.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Vinny is a treasure in the Hitman video. His mind games are on another level.

I would kill for any Vinny-playing-Hitman content. The Rule of Vinny is that the more a game requires a player to ride along a careful catastrophe curve the more Vinny will send things completely off the rails

Mr. F

Banned
I think Brad should go first next time. Dan gets help from the judges and then they can't help Brad.

Of course it hasn't actually helped him, but it's the principle of the thing.

Brad going first would be better for pacing too, his runs are kind of a slog - would be nice to finish out with Dan's style of play and have something to look forward to (also Brad's reactions would be funnier).

Lunar FC

You know when people call VOX sites like Polygon and so on hipster blogs?

VOX is basically trying to be watered down, more mainstream Vice.

Here is part 1 of a 3 part Vice documentary about some d bag going into the forest to lick a frog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Yd7M3JNlw

The Verge used to be so cool like 3 years ago. Loved that site and vergecast back then.

Its current state is a fucking embarrassment of what it was.

Edit: I still like to follow my Rox on SB Nation.

Edit 2: Doom is 30 bones on steam but I can't pull the trigger. Somebody give guidance.

The Verge used to be so cool like 3 years ago. Loved that site and vergecast back then.

Its current state is a fucking embarrassment of what it was.

Edit: I still like to follow my Rox on SB Nation.

Edit 2: Doom is 30 bones on steam but I can't pull the trigger. Somebody give guidance.

You punch demons in the fucking gut.

And the gun play is on another level, like for real, it feels good shooting things. Such a good game.

Lunar FC

You punch demons in the fucking gut.

And the gun play is on another level, like for real, it feels good shooting things. Such a good game.

I did it. >.<

63 fucking gigs? Had to delete Overwatch to fit it on my peasant 128gb ssd.

Also there goes playing tonight.

Edit: GBgaf is dead tonights.

Lunar FC

Drew seeing Rex for the first time: "Is that...Metal Gear?"

Edit: How does Otacon know nothing about how the Rex fires nukes. Didn't he build the thing?

Meguro

Banned
Drew seeing Rex for the first time: "Is that...Metal Gear?"

Edit: How does Otacon know nothing about how the Rex fires nukes. Didn't he build the thing?

I believe it's always assumed he built the robot part of it and not the weapon of mass destruction part of it.
Could also just be Kojima being Kojima.

Lunar FC

As somebody with anxiety disorders I fell like Vinny yelling at me to do overtly stupid shit on a livestream would be abjectly terrifying, With that said it's great!

Yeah, the differance between Vinny coaching and Dan coaching is Dan usually provides funny ideas while Vinny would give us overly complex and unrealistic ideas that arn't even possible in the game.

https://youtu.be/xzC5ygMLf2Y?t=11m18s
Danny had a recent periscope where he mentioned Dan in New York and made it sound like maybe we haven't heard the full story about that whole thing yet.
Sounded like the plans changed recently or something.
Just watch the clip and hear for yourselves.
Sounds like Dan really wants to move to the East Coast but is still figuring out if he can.

Sounds like Danny has heard more of the story than any of us.

repeater

Sounds like Dan really wants to move to the East Coast but is still figuring out if he can.

Sounds like Danny has heard more of the story than any of us.
Sounds like this is prime material for an honest heart-to-heart on "Danswers: Special Dan Ryckdan Guest Episode".

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know when people call VOX sites like Polygon and so on hipster blogs?

VOX is basically trying to be watered down, more mainstream Vice.

Here is part 1 of a 3 part Vice documentary about some d bag going into the forest to lick a frog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Yd7M3JNlw
Ah, I finally know that the thing is that people do with their voice that I hate so much. "Vocal fry".
I love the "A life well wasted" podcast, have heard everything three times, I guess. But man do I hate how Robert goes into this mode for his monologues.

Zaph

Danny had a recent periscope where he mentioned Dan in New York and made it sound like maybe we haven't heard the full story about that whole thing yet.

I bet the situation went a little something like this:

Dan: with Austin's vacancy, I'm thinking of moving to new york
Jeff: i'm not sure you'd be the right fit for them
Dan: lets do a month tester and see how members react
Jeff: okay

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Still kinda don't want it to be permanent. One thing I'll definitely miss is his dynamic with jeff. He seems to be the only one capable if making Jeff crack up regularly.

I just want Jeff to be happy. :(

He had a hard life.

demidar

Dude said he wanted Jeff to be happy.

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

As I said before I wouldn't be opposed to a permanent move. More BEAST content is a good thing, it'll even out the WEST side when it comes to the content.

Dan Ryckert was Joakim Mogren since the GI Kojima interview....

11232507_779177728863345_1122491218_n.jpg

So is someone gonna jump straight to NMS or are we all waiting what El Jeffe has to say?

Going to get it in a week or so. Reviews have been for a while now to me, is just "I wonder what this person thinks about this game" rather than looking at it from the perspective of whether I should purchase said game or not. I'd rather just buy whatever interests me in the slightest and then form my own opinion about it, good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom