• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

There are other factors surrounding Dan's move, but I don't think I should divulge them lest someone call me a creep (again). That said, if you've been following them on twitter you'd probably have an idea of what I'm talking about.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does become a permanent situation. Dan and Vinny play off each other so well. That Hitman episode and the super random rant about shampoo and beads was incredible.

fstop

Neo Member
That's if you ignore the potential impact that the lack of Dan would have on the West's content output.

But you're also ignoring that the site gets a new hire either way. I'd rather see West get a new face because what I really want is for Jeff to have a solid improv partner to riff with again. As much as Dan brought to the site, nobody's come close to filling the 'yes, and' hole that Ryan and Vinny left out west.

If you put the letter "S" in front of "Hitman," you have my exact opinion of Brad Shoemaker.

1rsXehm.jpg

I have no interest in them streaming SotN. the only challenge in that game is not getting lost and finding items, and I don't really think watching people wander around a map looking for things they missed is that compelling.

hamchan

There are other factors surrounding Dan's move, but I don't think I should divulge them lest someone call me a creep (again). That said, if you've been following them on twitter you'd probably have an idea of what I'm talking about.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does become a permanent situation. Dan and Vinny play off each other so well. That Hitman episode and the super random rant about shampoo and beads was incredible.

Creep eh?

It must be that Dan is settling down, getting married and becoming a family man despite always claiming he's never going to do that.

ArjanN

I have no interest in them streaming SotN. the only challenge in that game is not getting lost and finding items, and I don't really think watching people wander around a map looking for things they missed is that compelling.

Don't worry he'll still die on the bosses quite a bit. :p

I think it'd also be interesting because of the general importance of that game in popularizing the whole Metroidvania thing.

Didn't that come out months ago?

They reworked it a lot since the launch was really rough. Hence the 'back from hell' subtitle.

Santar

Yeah I'm not sure SOTN is the best choice to stream.
It's so easy and has basically no stakes.
They should go with Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness on the N64 instead.

It's a improved version of CV 64 with more levels, playable characters and more. I really enjoyed it myself.

Meneses

I kinda agree. It's not very well suited for entertaining streams.

Soundtrack is cool, at least.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So is someone gonna jump straight to NMS or are we all waiting what El Jeffe has to say?

Right now the current "crafting loop" looks like the type of game I recently realized I have 0% interest in playing anymore, so I'm really waiting on anything that make it look compelling for me. There needs to be more than "find this stuff to upgrade my ship to find some more stuff to upgrade the ship to get to the middle of the galaxy" at the heart of it

Tubobutts

I'm hoping for at least one review to be titled something like "No Man's Pie in the Sky" with a deck about how "This ambitious title doesn't quite live up to the hype" or I will lose all faith in humanity.

LiK

got Alex to navigate and tell him where to go if it becomes an issue.

Slain is pretty good now. Only took about 4 hours to beat, but it was a nice, challenging romp. Level design is a decent mix of action and very light platforming to break up the pace. Bosses are disappointingly easy, though the last one is a bit tedious. Aesthetically, it definitely commits to metal throughout, and it hits more than it misses. Some of the fire and running water effects look out of place, though. The soundtrack is easy enough to bang yr head to, but I wish it covered more subgenres rather than sticking to thrashy riffs for the most part. The non-metal music is surprisingly good at setting up the mood, and weirdly enough I kind of wish there was more of it.

Overall, if you're into metal and/or deliberately paced action platformers, go for it.

Santar

If SOTN isn't exciting enough for y'all, there's always Adventure ReBirth on the Wii E-Shop!
I love that game! Such a great throwback and so incredibly polished.
Though Vinnyvania is going chronologically so Rebirth is ways of if we ever get there.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be the contrarian and say that I would love watching Vinny wander around lost in a castle looking for items. SOTN is such a wonderful game, that I could watch just about anyone play it forever. I understand that I am probably an outlier on this, but I really want to see Vinny get thought SOTN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom