• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

I kind of can't believe a piece of media is doing "the world CHANGES when you get off MEDS" in the year of our Lord 2016, but Video Games.

I know right, it's just a blatant ripoff of this classic

sRGgKY0.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was bioshock until I saw it was a not great looking survival game.

Same. That trailer and what the showed of it does a horrible job of showing what the game actually IS. And what it is looks not at all fun.

FStop7

Banned
I haven't seen any of Strafe, but as I was listening to that dude talk about how you could paint the entire room in blood and how sick that is, all I kept thinking was "this conversation is fucking insane to anyone who isn't into FPS games and kind of makes me embarrassed for the medium a little bit"

God I'm glad I'm not the only one who "WTF'd" at that.

LiK

Strafe is very old school FPS. Probably why the GB crew is into it. Watch their trailers. They're pretty hilarious.

justjim89

If it's a fancier version of Sir, You Are Being Hunted, I'm all for We Happy Few. Sir was a fun little game, but ended up kinda underwhelming me in a way I didn't expect.

Lost my shit when they decided to put Sea of Thieves over God of War and Dan just whispered "but...but beard" in the most despondent tone possible.

oti

Banned
Lost my shit when they decided to put Sea of Thieves over God of War and Dan just whispered "but...but beard" in the most despondent tone possible.

It's quite interesting how God of War is, judging by the general perception, the "winner" of E3 2016 and for them it's not even Top 3. But that's why I like GB so much, they don't give a fuuuuuuck.

On another note, the E3 podcasts have made it pretty clear to me I'll never watch the Bombcast on YouTube. Audio only is the way to go.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't respect God of War 'being brave and trying something different' because they're still using Kratos.

It's about the safest 'gamble' imaginable.

oti

Banned
I can't respect God of War 'being brave and trying something different' because they're still using Kratos.

It's about the safest 'gamble' imaginable.

I'm OK with Kratos. I like the idea of him walking the earth after GoW3 and ending up in Scandinavia. Great piece of lore for such a dull series in the story department.

Salarians

LawBreakers is a bloodsport.

My love of Overwatch apparently makes me an Anime fan, so that makes Austin's departure that much more difficult. I have not yet chosen a waifu, but my understanding is that is obligatory.
Smart, capable, and strong: Torbjorn is clearly best waifu.

if overwatch is anime, then I'm afraid you all know the rules

I kind of can't believe a piece of media is doing "the world CHANGES when you get off MEDS" in the year of our Lord 2016, but Video Games.

When you stop taking your meds the world becomes yet another indie survival game.

What obnoxious "wake up SHEEPLE" band would partner with WHF? I'm going with Muse.

Something with Serj Tankian in it. He's pretty fucking insufferable, so he'd probably be up for it.

santeesioux

I wish Austin was sticking around long enough for a Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 QL, but they didn't look at the newest Nobunaga's Ambition game, so that would be unlikely even if he wasn't leaving.

KingKong

In addition to that, the "something different" looks like the most generic, played-out thing possible.

yeah, it's crazy that it's being praised for becoming just like every other third person action game. I mean... crafting resources?

The world of God of War is full of hidden paths, secret nooks, and collectibles to find. During the demo seen by IGN, Kratos wandered off the standard path to find a number of crafting resources, armors, and idols. That said, God of War has larger and more in-depth RPG systems, which will be discussed further down the road.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went away from that God of War reveal thinking, 'Man I would have much rather had hack and slash with Norse gods' instead of 'lite open world rpg with souls-like combat and a deep, emotional attachment to an innocent character'

In addition to that, the "something different" looks like the most generic, played-out thing possible.

My initial reaction was to disagree with you, and then I thought about it a bit and it turns out I agree with you. I get where they're coming from -- it's less traditionally "God of War" than I expected -- but only in that the game is now going down an even more well-trodden path than it was before.

Hearing Dan just straight up say Steep sucked didn't surprise me. I looked at that as Ubi's big ender and thought this was not going to do anything for them.

It's a shame but I want to wait and hear more about it. That game will live and die based on how good it controls and feels.

I was in until I heard that the actual gameplay is more crafty survival stuff which was hugely disappointing.

I'd say the end product will probably be good/great if the story is as interesting as it is when it starts, being inside and all before escaping.

Austin going all out huh? My man.

but nothing about Death Stranding was new or exciting or told us anything except Reedus is still maybe involved and we saw how that went over.

Hey now, it's unhinged Kojima making a game other than MGS with as much freedom as possible. How can you not be excited? Also, to crank that trailer out in 2.5 months(which is running on a PS4) is great. If that mindfuck was only 2.5 months of work then sign me up!

I'm OK with Kratos. I like the idea of him walking the earth after GoW3 and ending up in Scandinavia. Great piece of lore for such a dull series in the story department.

The idea of Kratos jumping into other mythologies to possibly fuck shit up sounds real appealing to me. Can't wait for Egyptian mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom