• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suplexer

Always loved Austin's written voice. I was never too attached to Patrick's though, he was always more of a video guy for me so I might actually end up sticking with Austin on Vice and reading what he's up to with the added bonus of Klepek being around too. Good read, certainly got me more excited about the game.

Xater

Man No man's Sky looks really boring int hat QL. The idea of exploring a huge undiscovered galaxy is exciting, but what you actually do int he game is just so pedestrian. It's nothing I haven't seen in dozens of other games. Some of it I have seen done better.

One of you dudes should put together an awesome Vice Gaming | Official Topic so that all that great information from Austin and Patrick can be gathered and placed in one convenient spot. Please.

justjim89

The conversation in this NMS QL has been hilarious. Dan and Vinny are so good together. Especially anytime Vinny is fucking with Dan and Dan doesn't realize it right away.

Curufinwe

Like Jeff said in his NMS stream I wish run was on the left stick.

Would this help?

fpiNBRN.jpg

The Moon's gravity part of the conversation pushed it too far, now I believe Dan is actually well versed in the categorization of living things and is also an amature astrophysicist.

Did anything good come out of SnapMap? I feel like the one thing keeping Doom 2016 from being quite as good as the old Dooms is not having an endless supply of fan-made maps to keep you busy.

Ashby

Hey, this is only tangentially related to Giant Bomb but I wish there was some sort of Closed Captioning standard for online content like there is on TV. My cousin is deaf and I know he would love Giant Bomb but there's really no way for him to experience it.

popo

NMS isn't a great stream game. Might be more fun to play, will have to try for myself.

So Persona 5 is gonna be released in Europe too next February, that's neat.

What will FunkyStudent complain about now?

Hey, this is only tangentially related to Giant Bomb but I wish there was some sort of Closed Captioning standard for online content like there is on TV. My cousin is deaf and I know he would love Giant Bomb but there's really no way for him to experience it.

A great ideal but until we reach the point where a computer can generate subtitles on the fly -that would be crazy expensive.

Houndi101

So are we getting the Starbound QL or not?
Did Jeff play it on UPF the week Dan lost Loser Leaves Town?

Edit Also this Persona 4 group date cafe voting thing hits too close to home in 2016

Holy shit this mammal and bird discussion on NMS sky ql. I expect that from Dan, but not from Vinny or Alex. Do you learn this stuff in American schools?

Houndi101

Oh yea Jeff seemed positive, well engaged by it, during his stream but didn't say much when quitting it.
Hopefully we'll hear during the bombcast

derFeef

Dan: Dolphins are mammals.
[...]
Alex: Not all mammals have hair.
Dan: Really?

I wanna know Dan's imagination of a dolphin.

Dan: Dolphins are mammals.
[...]
Alex: Not all mammals have hair.
Dan: Really?

I wanna know Dan's imagination of a dolphin.

To be fair, I believe most cetaceans actually do have hair follicles, that either don't produce hair after they're born or produce tiny hairs.

"Don't go to 0 AD he'll be a baby."

Dan...

If I remember right the modern dating system doesn't really start after Jesus' death. 0 AD is actually likely pretty close to the year of his birth and 33AD is closer to his year of death. I have no idea if Dan knows this, but either this is the least of his Danisms in the quick look.

To be fair, I believe most cetaceans actually do have hair follicles, that either don't produce hair after they're born or produce tiny hairs.

They have very little at birth on their nose, beak, muzzle or whatever you call it. I think some keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom