• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember right the modern dating system doesn't really start after Jesus' death. 0 AD is actually likely pretty close to the year of his birth and 33AD is closer to his year of death. I have no idea if Dan knows this, but either this is the least of his Danisms in the quick look.

They have very little at birth on their nose, beak, muzzle or whatever you call it. I think some keep it?

I have no clue either way really it was just the idea of it being After Death and him saying he would be a baby sounded hilarious to me at the time. I'm not even getting into the religiousness of it, just the idea around the meaning itself.

I want to watch the bombcast live, but I can't get past the idea of it being my Wednesday morning ritual for years now. It'd feel weird to switch that up.

popo

I assume Platypus is the exception for mammals usually live birthing. lol, dead babies.

I have no clue either way really it was just the idea of it being After Death and him saying he would be a baby sounded hilarious to me at the time. I'm not even getting into the religiousness of it, just the idea around the meaning itself.

Might as well waste your time travelling ability looking for Harry Potter.

FStop7

Banned
If I remember right the modern dating system doesn't really start after Jesus' death. 0 AD is actually likely pretty close to the year of his birth and 33AD is closer to his year of death. I have no idea if Dan knows this, but either this is the least of his Danisms in the quick look.

They have very little at birth on their nose, beak, muzzle or whatever you call it. I think some keep it?

AD stands for "anno Domini" which is commonly translated as "in the year of our Lord." It denotes the year of the birth of Christ. Christ was born in roughly 4 BC and died in 30 - 34 AD.

double edit - I went and looked it up, I guess the consensus is that Jesus is believed to have been born around what we now call 4 BC and he died between 30 to 34 AD.

AD stands for "anno Domini" which is commonly translated as "in the year of our Lord." It denotes the year of the birth of Christ. Christ was born in 0 AD and died in 33 AD.

Huh, only ever heard the term After Death. I would be shocked if Dan actually knew this though.

GuyKazama

AD stands for "anno Domini" which is commonly translated as "in the year of our Lord." It denotes the year of the birth of Christ. Christ was born in 0 AD and died in 33 AD.

There is no 0 AD. Dan is bringing down the IQ of everyone around him.

It's not BC and AD anymore. It's BCE and CE, which is Before Common Era and Common Era.

Someone was lying to you. AD has never stood for After Death.

Would not doubt it. Grown up around a lot of dumb overly religious people so I could see it as both a religious thing and a dumb understanding of it. I've just never had any interest in knowing any difference so this was news to me.

FStop7

Banned
There is no 0 AD. Dan is bringing down the IQ of everyone around him.

Sorry, you're right. I edited my post

Changing the subject, I played NMS for a few hours. I repaired my starter ship, installed the basic hyperdrive, did a couple of jumps, met a few sentient aliens, etc. There's a _lot_ of rock shooting. It's kind of tedious. My hope is that as I unlock new tech I will be able to speed this process up. Otherwise I doubt I'll stick with the game, it's simply too much needless grinding. Respecting the player's time isn't just a catchphrase. There are things about the game that I'm intrigued by but I'm not going to shoot rocks for hours to see things at a pace that is best described as a very slow drip.

No_Style

I want to watch the bombcast live, but I can't get past the idea of it being my Wednesday morning ritual for years now. It'd feel weird to switch that up.

Same boat. I don't even want to see the Bombcast video.. But I am glad it exists for those special moments for Myggen to clip.

I was gonna get No Man's Sky today after I said I would wait because I am weak and have no self control but I had to bring the doggy to the vet because he got a scratch that was looking a bit infected.

I guess I can watch this Jeff NMS home stream.

Weird to see him streaming from a home office and not his bedroom desk. Been watching videos from that bedroom for damn near a decade.

FwLdDCu.gif

hamchan

Poor Dan getting pooped on when he was actually right...

popo

IG being tight with the guys didn't stop them shitting on the Batman port. Now Boyes has joined up I would expect to see more of them. If JV ever joined the dream team I suspect GB would set them up with their own office.

Volotaire

Oh lord, Danny likes Wagamama's and Nando's as good eat outs. The pizza place he was talking about sounds like a pizza version of Shake Shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom