• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhlFaGp.png

At a certain point, they have to get Lang on a Hitman video. Show Brad and Dan how it's done.

Would like to see that happen.

So, earlier today I went to Best Buy to buy No Man's Sky (only because the circular said they were going to include the typically pre-order exclusive bonus with any purchase of the game this week). At my Best Buy (in Annapolis, Maryland), they keep the most recent games by the check-out area, instead of with the other (slightly older) games. I asked for the game and it wasn't there. The guy tried to tell me it must not be out yet and he didn't bother to check if it they had stock in the back. So, clearly getting nowhere with the guy, I went over to customer service and showed on my phone that the game was in stock, and that first worker wasn't very helpful, so the person from customer service tries to get the back of the store to check (even that seemed like pulling teeth). It took like five minutes for someone to respond in the back. It turns out someone did not do their job (my opinion) and failed to put the game out for release day. I finally got the game. It was like a ghost town in there (only one person was working the register and for several minutes, no one was despite a small line growing!) Stupidly, after paying I left the store. The reason I say stupidly, was because when I opened the game at home, there was no voucher for the DLC. I was not going to head back just for that, but I don't think I'll buy anything from Best Buy any time soon and if I do, I will order online to pick up in store, just so I don't have to go through the runaround.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
he said the game is awesome so i don't necessarily think that's 'giving it' to NMS. He just said he's worried about grinding and material gating.

I'm still excited, but man, tonight's mixlr has me a little worried about NMS. I fell hard into survival games for about a month a couple years back and then immediately developed a negative amount of patience for them, and it sounds like (at first at least?) this has the frustrating "you want to do a thing but I'm not going to let you" kind of structure that's hard for me to deal with.

Aselith

I'm still excited, but man, tonight's mixlr has me a little worried about NMS. I fell hard into survival games for about a month a couple years back and then immediately developed a negative amount of patience for them, and it sounds like (at first at least?) this has the frustrating "you want to do a thing but I'm not going to let you" kind of structure that's hard for me to deal with.

Have you played The Long Dark or Subnautica? Those are the best the genre has to offer imo. Long Dark is very hardcore survival focused and tense and Subnautica is the just chill out exploration game.

jett

D-Member
Oh wow this gravity conversation.

600full-jay-bauman.jpg

Dan needs to sit down and watch Carl Sagan's Cosmos. And then he needs to sit down again and watch NdGT's Cosmos.

Aselith

Oh wow this gravity conversation.

600full-jay-bauman.jpg

Dan needs to sit down and watch Carl Sagan's Cosmos. And then he needs to sit down again and watch NdGT's Cosmos.

To be fair, if you're going to shake your head at Dan, you really need to shake your head at Vinny and Alex too because he was asking questions that they had no capacity to answer.

jett

D-Member
To be fair, if you're going to shake your head at Dan, you really need to shake your head at Vinny and Alex too because he was asking questions that they had no capacity to answer.

Well that's true I guess, but I sort of appreciate the attempt? lol

My recommendation of Cosmos is actually kinda serious. Easiest way for Dan to learn about some basic stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i watched one episode of that and immediately questioned why i'm friends with a bunch of people

i wish i could find the twitter post responding to neil degrasse tyson saying he sounds like a 14 year old who just found the internet and want to blow your mind people or some shit.

Tubobutts

Im going to side with the person who says that the moon affects the tides because of gravity, even if they are unsure of the precise mechanics, rather than the person who doesn't think the moon has gravity.

Jeff is giving it to NMS on Mixlr right now.

Ah shame I missed it, Mixlr didn't notify me that he went live today. However, I knew it wouldn't be Jeff's type of game in the end because at the core of it, it is still a very resource management game with a "try to survive in this environment" mechanics. The only difference is that obviously this has a big ass budget around it.

I am mostly looking forward to it in that it's a relaxing romp around space while listening to podcasts or talking with friends/family.

Perfect string of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom