• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Peter Brown's ten-hours-in impressions on The Lobby and Sterling's video, I think I'm happy to hold off on NMS for now.

Batman seems about as boring as I expected. Laura Bailey sounded good though. Might pick it up when it goes on sale in a year.

Now, Telltale, give me TWAU S2 and make it good. Please.

Isn't Peter Brown pretty high on the game? I haven't seen The Lobby but he seems very much in love with No Man's Sky on Twitter?

Salarians

Isn't Peter Brown pretty high on the game? I haven't seen The Lobby but he seems very much in love with No Man's Sky on Twitter?
Yeah, it seems like he's really enjoying it. But from what he's said, it sounds like the game doesn't really change things up in any way even after ten hours. That was my main concern.

I'll see what he says in his finalized review but I've kind of cooled on NMS for the time being.

won a mediocre, forgettable game with different drm

It's about the principle, not the game.

Define "winning"

I'll probably play it when it hits 10 eurobucks because I love me some Remedy, but everything about it seems super disappointing.
I long said it would sell like shit on the W10 store, so they would release it on Steam. Might have been the plan all along, but I'll take it.

I'm under no illusions that it's a good game, but I was always going to play it because Remedy. I'm glad I can now do so while also having stood my ground against buying a game on the W10 store.

jambo

Gawd why can't his kids be in college yet so he could Endurance Run P5 argghh!!

Well, what if they delayed the English version of the game until they reached college age?

last two bombcasts been rough. can't even finish them.

too much dave lang goes a long way. and a jeffless podcast prior.

I wasn't too big on last weeks episode, but this week was great. Lots of laughs and some great stories. Even the emails were good.

I'm hoping they get Danny in for an episode or two now that he is back.

CpiLRtSUIAAhcFT.png

CpiLVxAUkAACn2k.png

CpiLWbAUkAArmaz.png

Finally.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm planning on getting No Man's Sky on PC cause I just bought a 1080 so might as well use it but I have a feeling that the PC version will be a complete shit show.

So I dunno...

I'm planning on getting No Man's Sky on PC cause I just bought a 1080 so might as well use it but I have a feeling that the PC version will be a complete shit show.

So I dunno...

That's where i'm at. The lack of them saying anything about the PC version has me wary. I don't think it'll be a shit show, but it might just end up being the PS4 version with a few basic extras like fov and AA.

As someone who really enjoyed the space stage of Spore, I probably have low enough standards that I would like No Man's Sky a lot if I bought it.

Tagyhag

So I dunno...

Well we do know the only 60 fps footage was from the PC version.

So at worst, it might just be a lazy port with 60fps.

"I just want to see what makes Bruce Wayne tick."
"My parents died I'm Batman"

These QLs always leave me wanting a full series.

Edit: "Everything is balls. This is the metaphor I'm using."
Edit edit: "Go give him some money, you millionaire." I need mooore.

tesqui

I wonder if they'll do a quick look of that fan made Metroid 2 remake. Curious of what they think of it. They didn't mention it at all during this weeks bombcast. From what I've played it seems really impressive.

While it is Remedy's worse offering, the game has some cool ass visual effects. Makes you wish for a new Alan Wake powered by the engine.
RIP Alan Wake
. Also the game is super unoptimized, maybe this version won't be?

I'll take a new Alan Wake with any engine. :(

It would be quite a black eye for the W10 store if the game suddenly worked great on Steam! Hope that's the case.

Jintor

Can't help but feel Boyes missed the point with his Pokemon Go "everyone's staring at their phones" anecdotes. Surely it's more important they were there the first place, whatever the reason for them being there?

The MGScanlon 3 is playthrough is more entertaining then I remember. Maybe it's because, IIRC, MGScanlon 3 took the longest to finish out of all the parts? Or maybe that was MGS2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom