• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Dan wasn't saying he doesn't like Telltale games because of technical issues that they bafflingly continue to have, he dismisses them outright for even being video games. "Why don't they just make graphic novels? They're not video games!" is a stupid fucking thing to say, not to mention completely missing the point of the interactivity. He sounds exactly like the 4chan dirtbags bitching about Gone Home, and it's a bad look on someone in his profession. And like those kinds of fucking people, he goes into his little hissy fit about them any time they're ever brought up around him.

Houndi101

What are the frontrunners for Most Disappointing Game so far?

any big letdowns this year?
No Man's Sky
AlarmingElatedComet.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly think the real answer is just that every single person on this planet likes a good story and there is a certain amount of people that consume their stories through video games.
They could make graphic novels, but those people wouldn't spend the money.

KingKong

I honestly think the real answer is just that every single person on this planet likes a good story and there is a certain amount of people that consume their stories through video games.
They could make graphic novels, but those people wouldn't spend the money.

right, right, but what do good stories have to do with Telltale games

kai3345

Banned
Dan wasn't saying he doesn't like Telltale games because of technical issues that they bafflingly continue to have, he dismisses them outright for even being video games. "Why don't they just make graphic novels? They're not video games!" is a stupid fucking thing to say, not to mention completely missing the point of the interactivity. He sounds exactly like the 4chan dirtbags bitching about Gone Home, and it's a bad look on someone in his profession. And like those kinds of fucking people, he goes into his little hissy fit about them any time they're ever brought up around him.

Yeah I agree that the last few telltale games haven't been awesome, but Dan completely dismissing the idea that they somehow aren't even video games by definition was super dumb.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
SFV is weird. They are actively making that game better but it seems to not reach many people outside of the core audience. By december it might have gotten several bigger updates again.

LiK

SFV is weird. They are actively making that game better but it seems to not reach many people outside of the core audience. By december it might have gotten several bigger updates again.

when all the SP modes are complete garbage, only people who play MP will enjoy it. even then, the online is shit with rage quitters.

Meguro

Banned
Yeah, Dan's stance on Telltale games is dumb.
Him hating them is fine since that's just taste and stuff but not considering them games is weak ass shit.
It's the "walking simulator" argument and really shouldn't be brought up in any capacity.

What are the frontrunners for Most Disappointing Game so far?

any big letdowns this year?

Unless something major happens and No Man's Sky becomes more than a game about shooting at rocks and plants after like two dozen hours, I think it takes it pretty handily. All the hype, and it's a procedurally-generated rock-shooter.

Curufinwe

I'm hoping for either Dan/Rorie or for them to just never do one.

Just to antagonize the fan base and see what the reaction is.

Cool.

Back in the real world I think Vinny will be quite interested in seeing the game, even if he doesn't have time to play it.

Patryn

Yeah, I think he played through the whole Zero Escape series.

I wonder if the only reason he got through that was that it was handheld.

However, he still worked his way through Witcher 3, as I recall. So I have no doubt he'll play Persona 5, it'll just take a few months to do so.

Weren't Vinny and Alex on vacation a few weeks ago?

I think at least part of the chunk of time Vinny took off was for his family given his cousin's recent death.

FStop7

Banned
The thing that makes me eyeroll about game journalists now openly criticizing Telltale is that they were tripping over themselves to lavish praise when Idle Thumbs people worked there.

LiK

The thing that makes me eyeroll about game journalists now openly criticizing Telltale is that they were tripping over themselves to lavish praise when Idle Thumbs people worked there.

TWD S1 was legit good. i don't think they were praising it just cuz the Idle Thumbs guys were working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom