• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTN is really not enjoyable to watch. Thank gawd for all the commentary.

W...watch?

I got to the part on the Beastcast where Dan is arguing that reptiles aren't closer to mammals than amphibians because crocodiles look closer to snakes (which are also reptiles) and "chickens don't look like dinosaurs" and gah

it is also ironic because crocodiles are far closer to chickens than they are to snakes

Next week: recent Paleontological discoveries, straight from the vetted papers.

Feathered Tyrannosaurids.

Filter-feeding crocs.

Tully Monsters.

I wanna hear the screeeeeeeeeeeeeams.

Mr. F

Banned
Brad is such a Dota fanboy. i still remember the day he was just starting out.

If there isn't already, there should really be a YouTube compilation of his Dota journey. From mild curiosity to not moving away from the computer all weekend and his girlfriend getting mad.

At first I thought it was weird Valve would hold the international during the biggest sporting event on the planet but LOL who am I kidding. The DOTA x Olympics venn diagram is 2 circles on different ends of a table.

After three days, I finally found the last alien species on the first planet in No Man's Sky. It was the only one that I've seen that was alone. And it was easily the biggest out of all the ones I've found. On to the next planet!

popo

I highly doubt vice is or would prevent Austin/Patrick from doing anything they want.

I hope Vice is savy enough to realize that they could steal more fans if they let Austin and Patrick do more GB stuff. Loved this week's podcast.

Patrick talked a bit about it on his podcast. They really are in to that new venture honeymoon period. If they want something, now is the time to ask for it. He was saying how nice their NY offices are and how much money the company has and that, if they had a pitch, they would be allowed to disappear with a camera crew for weeks on end to cover a big feature.

It will be interesting to see what that site becomes. I hope for the best but it is a crowded market, even after all the closures and amalgamations. If their selling point is just that they have really good writers and cover more than just the mainstream releases - I am, sadly, not sure that is going to bring in the traffic. The big sites are going broader, this seems like it wants to focus narrower. If the GB guest articles and Patricks Kotaku stuff are anything to go by - they are interesting and worthy but a whole site of those?

If worst game to the worst I guess Austin could review Anime for VICE. If only they could find a decent domain to host it (how have they not bought that already) :D

With FFXV delayed I now have a opening in my gaming window. I guess late September / October will be Witcher 3: Blood and Wine time.

Also between Hitman, Deus Ex, FF15 and early next year with FF12 HD I will have bought more Square Enix games in a 12 month period then I think I have in the last 6 years. Been a good year for those guys output wise.

Wonder what the heck they are gonna do next because this seems like there big guns right now and kind if means the Edios part is probably going to go dark for a bit since they kind of released everything they had. I guess Kingdom Hearts 3 might have to come out eventually right? Holiday 17/18.... maybe?

hamchan

FFXV has always been seemed super rough in the demos they've released and all the footage shown. So a delay sounds good to me. Still funny that they spent a bunch of money making that huge release date announcement event only to delay it.

Daheza

Any new hotness on podcast apps for IOS. I have been using casts but it doesn't seem to be letting me load older episodes. For instance I want to listen to the 404 with Vinny and season 1 of friends at the table.

Any new hotness on podcast apps for IOS. I have been using casts but it doesn't seem to be letting me load older episodes. For instance I want to listen to the 404 with Vinny and season 1 of friends at the table.

I just switched to Overcast, but I'm not sure if it's great for catching up on older episodes of stuff because it auto-downloads new stuff that you're subbed to. Maybe I need to paly around with it more to get it how i want it.

This year has been pretty darn good for video games. I was making a list of my favs so far from this year and this is what I've got:

Overwatch

Steamworld Heist (technically last year)

Ratchet & Clank

Firewatch

I am Setsuna

Hitman

And I still need to get back to and finish Doom, Dark Souls, Uncharted, No Man's Sky, and Stardew Valley

Anyone else got a list of favs for 2016??

Daheza

This year has been pretty darn good for video games. I was making a list of my favs so far from this year and this is what I've got:

Overwatch

Steamworld Heist (technically last year)

Ratchet & Clank

Firewatch

I am Setsuna

Hitman

And I still need to get back to and finish Doom, Dark Souls, Uncharted, No Man's Sky, and Stardew Valley

Anyone else got a list of favs for 2016??

Overwatch for sure

Doom was probably the only thing released this year that I can truly say I loved.

Also, I have to choose between watching the international at 144 FPS with no compression whatsoever or streaming 60 with crowd noise :^(

Doom was probably the only thing released this year that I can truly say I loved.

Also, I have to choose between watching the international at 144 FPS with no compression whatsoever or streaming 60 with crowd noise :^(

I loved Doom when I played it, but thinking back on it, I don't really care any more. I should probably flip it before the value completely craters.

Salarians

tumblr_nwl6ur2may1qfh2bxo1_500.png
Best new character of 2016 by far

Hearts of Stone was 2015, unfortunately :(

Just running through my list of 2016 releases, games i finished are:

• Doom
  • The Division
  • Inside
  • SUPERHOT
  • Firewatch

Games i should probably play more of:

• Enter the Gungeon
  • The Witness (but I probably won't, might go on the list anyway)
  • I've been watching my girlfriend play Ratchet and Clank, if that counts?
  • Hyper Light Drifter

Otherwise I've like, played a couple hours of Dark Souls 3 but never see myself playing it, I'm not really in love with Overwatch, and I think that's it.

I really want to dip into Hitman, Abzu, and some other stuff, but I just don't see myself doing it because i'll probably just end up going back to my reliable favorites. Maybe Rimworld, too.

Rest of the year looks promising though. BF1 and Mafia 3 are the two things that spring to mind that i'm looking forward to. Maybe a fixed No Man's Sky will be worth playing.

Next week: recent Paleontological discoveries, straight from the vetted papers.

Feathered Tyrannosaurids.

Filter-feeding crocs.

Tully Monsters.

I wanna hear the screeeeeeeeeeeeeams.

I'd write a giant corrections email if I had any confidence in myself that it might be read on the podcast. So many things to cover...

I... forgot Dark Souls 3 came out this year.

Rimworld is really good though. Exactly what you'd want from a Dwarf Fortress-alike, with a really good nack for creating memories.
I don't care! He should win best moment, best music, and best Overwatch character.
Definitely. To all of these.

KingKong

Deus Ex is this month and Dishonored 2 not far after, those are the ones I'm looking forward to the most

Dark Souls 3 dlc too, but iirc only the first is coming this year

Curufinwe

I want that impressed with Ratchet. I liked ACiT a lot more.

For the rest of the year I'm looking at Deus Ex, RE4, XCOM2, ROTR, TLG, Dishonored 2, FFX and Gravity Rush 2.

At first I thought it was weird Valve would hold the international during the biggest sporting event on the planet but LOL who am I kidding. The DOTA x Olympics venn diagram is 2 circles on different ends of a table.

Seeing Brad's tweets about it pop up amidst all the Olympics stuff in my timeline is quite adorable.

Johndoey

Banned
The only game i've played this year and had a strong attachment to has been Oxenfree, everything else has rolled over me in a wave. I really liked UC4 and Doom but they didn't stick with me.

God that tavern scene with him is so damn good.

---
Ken puts more effort into the friendship than Ryu, Ken deserves better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom