• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Really excited to play Dead Rising 1 again. After 10 years and a number of not so successful attempts to recapture the appeal, revisiting the original on PC will be great.

Same. I wonder if the experience will match my fond memories.

Minimal loading times will help a lot with that.

deus ex next week
best dead rising in like 2 weeks

I'm so ready to play games again.

I wish I have less interest in games. I'm drowning in games ever since Quadrilateral Cowboy released. This has been an extremely good month. Just got Grow Up, Uno and found out about Steins Gate on PS3 which surprised me so, got that as well.

Only problem is, not enough time but I'm slowly working my way to beating what I bought because I hate having a backlog. It helps that most of them are arcade games but even such games are getting quite lengthy when we compare let's say Abzu against Hyper Light Drifter when it comes to length.

e: I also recently got a 3DS which I'm playing only before sleeping lol. Close to beating Rhythm Heaven Remix and will start 999. Got the Ace Attorney Trilogy since I never played those and there was a sale recently on it.

also, dead rising 2 was a shit ton of fun to play with cheat engine

I had alot of fun with all the DR games but I feel 3 was the best one for me because of it's less stressful nature that feels more fun to play when you're in Co-op. The time stuff could be fun as well but it gets real tiring by the end when you still have to keep planning shit ahead of time with your buddy.

Lunar FC

Watching the tfall 2 vid now. I hope they give local, now out of business Lumpy's, some kind of memorial in the game. Loved that place. :(

tumblr_n2v2xvvLGZ1saxoooo3_500.png

Tubobutts

If I can find my copy of Sunshine I'm going to send it and the strategy guide to them so that I can continue the fine mailbag traditions of sending them games they already have and sending them garbage.

Megasoum

Banned
Listening to Jeff and Rorie talk about Transformers during the Titanfall stream.... Holy shit... Fuck WW1, the next Battlefield should be in the future with transformers. Like a bunch of mechs that can transform into jets, helicopters or tanks.

Fjolle

Oh man...

Just found out that Giantbomb isn't doing a offsite PAX streaming party this year. :(

I was looking forward to attending that more than PAX itself.

*desperately searches for other PAX parties*

There should be a TeamGFB get together after their panel on Friday.

I've been listening to the final hour of the last BEASTcast this entire week.

"Let me think before I talk for once"
"DUEEH. ANY BIG ASS THING. ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING, HAS GRAVITY"
"Of course Bananas are delicious, for one, they're yellow"
"We got like volcano shit!"
"If I held a flea with my fingers and let go of it, It wouldn't like Super Mario Galaxy'd it's way to my chest."
"I don't hold babies"
"Kanses City Barbecue. A whole plate of it."
"I want to clarify"
"Next week we'll cover where the sun goes every night"
"Do you want The Hulk in there too?"
"In the beginning..."
"NO NO LET LET ME GET IT OUT!"
"I can't look at the internet, okay"
"Science is amazing"
"LIFE IS AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL"
"Fuckin dust and earth"
"That ain't fair, he played alot of Metal Gear"
"Those are shitty multiple choice"
"Yeah, I'm just over here sniffing penecilin"
"fuckin frack all over my face"
"All batteries are flat"

The Friends of the Site family of wrestlers continues to grow.

tumblr_oc2wzaHGvi1u5eu8ao1_1280.png

7cIiWXL.png

---

The coming up image for Hitman makes me grateful that they went for it. Can't wait to watch the episode later, busy with shit today but it'll be great to come back to this.

2877862-hitmanbangkok.jpg

ThomasCro

What Dota comeback match was Brad talking about on the podcast? It seems Youtube thinks every Dota match ever is the greatest comeback.

Can't be soon enough. I'm taking this avatar off the second he sets foot in sanfran.

The bet was two months Lunar.

Today's weird bullshit from Tumblr post is:

so with metal gear survive announced and people wondering why the hell konami’s destroying themselves, i thought id give some insight into this matter.

i have friends in japan - both natives, and expats now living there. and according to them - and i say this because i have absolutely no sources on this, and based on the nature of this none probably exist - konami is basically the yakuza’s gaming branch. most of the higher-ups have some ties to the yakuza, and have basically since the company’s inception.

so, what does this have to do with konami tearing themselves apart? easy - yakuza no longer wants konami around. maybe someone at konami specifically did something to piss them off and now they’re cutting off ties, maybe theyve found another company that’s better for their purposes, maybe they just don’t want to be involved in gaming anymore.

what matters is - they want konami out of the picture. but they can’t just close them down, or people would get suspicious. so what theyre doing is, theyre frantically laundering money out of the company while deliberately misusing its assets to turn the least profit possible for plausible deniability. fire kojima to erode consumer trust. cancel a high-profile, high-budget game. spend a bunch of money on fox engine remasters of snake eater cutscenes for a pachinko machine that wont make a tenth of that money back. for that matter, use your licenses on pachinko machines - its a dying market and doing so will both erode consumer trust and potentially wring a bit more money out of pachinko from diehard fans before the industry collapses entirely. do pointless microtransactions in mgo because (i would imagine, i dont exactly have a lot of experience in this field) microtransaction profit is an easy number to forge if you need the numbers to line up. and now - make a zombie survival game under the metal gear license, which is doomed to fail due to market saturation and fan backlash, but give it a aaa budget so you can sneak in a couple thousand extra dollars that no one will suspect youve just laundered out. these are all things that they can easily claim are just bad business decisions, despite actually forming a clear pattern. this is intentional. they dont want your money, because that means more they have to launder out before they can close the company entirely.

like i say, i have no hard evidence or sources on this, but it explains a hell of a lot - my guess is, they started this process around when mgs5 came out and silent hills was canceled. the best we can hope for is that, when they finally close down the company, they hold a thq-style auction for all their ips.

I think Vinny's figured out Dan will believe anything he says. I look forward to more Calvin's Dad moments.

I mean Brad believed almost everything Vinny said. Dan never had a chance.

e: and old school japanese developers have hinted in interviews that probably most of those japanese devs that have been around a long time have or had yakuza affiliation. a lot of it stems back to the arcade days, like how even in the US, the mob had a stake in pinball and vending machines. who knows how that applies to konami today, but their pachinko and health club affiliations don't paint a great picture.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've been listening to the same 5 Beastcasts on a loop for a few days now to get me through work.

This 9am to 10pm work life is killer.

Zaph

Has there been any GBEast content this week?

A VinnyVania? I think?

With Vinny being the the east coast manager and only producer, if he's busy, nothing seems to happen. If they are hiring for Gbeast, I hope whoever it is has video production skills.

Patryn

A VinnyVania? I think?

With Vinny being the the east coast manager and only producer, if he's busy, nothing seems to happen. If they are hiring for Gbeast, I hope whoever it is has video production skills.

VinnyVania was last Friday.

hamchan

Just beat the Hitman level in a rote way by shooting both targets in the head. Looking forward to the shenanigans they get up to in the QL.

The new Hitman map seems like it will be great for elusive targets and custom contracts.

Lots of different little areas and the map isn't tied to a gimmick or event. Lots of wiggle room to mess around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom