• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This anti-topknot sentiment in the QL is not appreciated. >:|

Every customer I've gotten who has a man bun or some derivative has been insufferable at the place I work. I generally like our customers, but without fail man bun guys either ask for discounts I can't give them, are uninterested in advice even when they ask for it, or in the case of one guy routinely shows up right at closing.

There's one who wears a three piece suit in Florida and has a pretty heavy beard who complains about how hot it is every time he comes. The week our AC broke the guy had the nerve to tell me that he wasn't sure he was going to come in again if the AC wasn't fixed. If he didn't spend about $300 in wine every week I probably would have told him to fuck off.

BearPawB

Banned
Oh no I bought Hitman last week and now I've become one of those people who gets enraged with how brad plays the gameeeeee

I was immune for so long

clip

Oh no I bought Hitman last week and now I've become one of those people who gets enraged with how brad plays the gameeeeee

I was immune for so long

The only thing that gets me is when they're looking for a specific object, and they just barely miss it/pass it up.

All things considered I thought Brad did pretty well in this one and only screwed up when they were just testing some of their more explosive ideas out. Clearing a level in under an hour is practically a speedrun by Hitdan standards.

kiguel182

This Hitman was probably the weakest episode so far. Brad played it too well and he seemed extra indecisive. It was still entertaining but less so than before.

Also, they need more cross-coast stuff. I need that Vinny and Jeff combo!

KingKong

its especially frustrating because there are so many clearly defined systems in Hitman and they keep thinking things happen randomly

The sequence where Brad turns on a TV for no reason and then contemplates killing the investigating bellboy for his outfit when he's already disguised as a member of the band and Dan is just shouting "Why!? What do you have to gain from this?! What is your goal here!?" and Brad has no actual answer is amazing.

BearPawB

Banned
What gets me is that they constantly trespass into areas/can never seem to figure out WHY everyone is suddenly freaking out.

I think Bangkok is a surprisingly good level. I think a lot of people who were disappointed at first blush will be amazed the deeper they get.

There are some really fun scenarios in this one.

It is the first one I felt driven to get rank 20 on

kiguel182

Brad still can't run away when he is trespassing. He calmly walks in the area like he is waiting for them to get suspicious.

It seems like this scenario happens every episode with Dan screaming at him to get away.

Meneses

What gets me is that they constantly trespass into areas/can never seem to figure out WHY everyone is suddenly freaking out.

I think Bangkok is a surprisingly good level. I think a lot of people who were disappointed at first blush will be amazed the deeper they get.

There are some really fun scenarios in this one.

It is the first one I felt driven to get rank 20 on

I've been playing it a lot.

I don't know, i'm just not feeling it. I think I like it better than Marrakesh, though.

popo

WHAT THE FUCK???

What kind of bullshit is that? How is something like this even a thing?

Only in LA.

I think that is like the 8th floor so you likely would not see anything looking from the ground without binoculars or a camera - still yeah, who thought that was a good idea?

also, giant foot. so edgy.

o.jpg

TMI

093.JPG

popo

Is that picture from the hotel where they pay girls to sit in a fish tank in the lobby?

Not sure, google seems to think that is the Standard West Hollywood. I think the one by E3 is the Standard Downtown.

This is credited as the Lobby of the Standard Hollywood.

lobbies_standard.0.jpg

This is a quote one of the "models" gave in an interview.

There was another time a guy told her he loved her; a different guy, a foreigner, asked the concierge if she was for sale.

"He thought it was the red-light district in Amsterdam and he could rent me and take me up to his hotel room," Snellings says. "It was horrifying."

Ketch

hey, anybody have a link to rorie's last wow stream? and maybe a timestamp for when he shows the new demon hunter stuff?

Lijik

The sequence where Brad turns on a TV for no reason and then contemplates killing the investigating bellboy for his outfit when he's already disguised as a member of the band and Dan is just shouting "Why!? What do you have to gain from this?! What is your goal here!?" and Brad has no actual answer is amazing.

FCb0XL2.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That Simpsons reference is perfect.

Yet again showing that saying "Simpsons did it" covers literally everything in existance now.

FStop7

Banned
I killed one of the targets (via an arranged accident) while disguised as a butler. As I ran to the exit I passed a hotel guest who jokingly said "Hey, the butler did it! Ha ha!"

The Bangkok level is pretty fun but there are some odd things about the AI. I killed the other target (another accident) in the middle of a crowded room. The guy literally died screaming in front of his friends and colleagues and nobody even reacted. They just went back to whatever they were previously doing.

I am a little bit disappointed that there aren't any 40k games coming out while Dan is at GBEast. Dan has spent so much time exposing GBWest to his brand of crazy, that I want to see Dan being exposed to Vinny's brand of crazy. Namely Warhammer and Dragonball Z.

fstop

Neo Member
I want Dan to produce Letterman-style videos where Brad casually walks into private hotel rooms and professional kitchens and walks in circles collecting random crap until they throw him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom