• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

IGA's BACK BABY!
wQqUBnh.gif

Jothel

This Kenny Omega video makes me so happy. Great wrestler and super nice guy.

definitely, because
of a poster who may or may not have had a Kenny Omega avi, and whose posts I wasn't a fan of
I had associated his face with being an asshole I was nicely surprised when he was the opposite.

Xater

definitely, because
of a poster who may or may not have had a Kenny Omega avi, and whose posts I wasn't a fan of
I had associated his face with being an asshole I was nicely surprised when he was the opposite.

Kenny's wrestling persona is veeeeery different from his normal one. Very unlike Astin Creed who always seems to be a bundle of energy.

Houndi101

Am I a creep or a douchebag if I want to discuss Dan's baldspot (which he mentioned on Twitter) I'm thinking he should start rocking a bandanna ala Macho Man or go full Vinny and a beard hmm?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If you watch that new MN9 documentary episode, you can see some weird divide in developing the game. Basically, Comcept (Inafune's company) is responsible for the creative part and Inti Creates does all the leg work. It's quite a harsh cut for such a relatively small game.
I'm more confident just because of the fact that this is not how Bloodstained is getting made.

Tubobutts

Am I a creep or a douchebag if I want to discuss Dan's baldspot (which he mentioned on Twitter) I'm thinking he should start rocking a bandanna ala Macho Man or go full Vinny and a beard hmm?
Grow out the rest of his hair and bleach it to help intimidate Patrick.

demidar

What is inti creates anyway? Some for hire studio for side scrollers?

Seems like something they do in addition to make their own games, I guess like Platinum Studios and them doing licensed stuff.

They used to make some of the ZX and Zero Mega Man games. They've also done Gunvolt and uh... Gal Gun.

Anyway, it helps that Iga is an actual designer and hands-on (I assume he's hands-on for Bloodstained too).

hamchan

Yeah IGA is hands on. I watched a behind the scenes video where he was telling the dev team exactly how fast he wanted the movement to feel and look.

Xater

Yeah IGA is hands on. I watched a behind the scenes video where he was telling the dev team exactly how fast he wanted the movement to feel and look.

Yep and that probably makes a big difference. The impressions I have heard of the demo a really positive so far. Also watched Sterling play through it and it looks promising. Mighty No. 9 never looked good in any showing of the actual game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wonder if they will do anything for Austin's last day?

Edit: I feel like the MN9 hate is overblown at this point. It's not a good game but I have seen multiple developers take shots at the game to promote their own. It's getting a bit silly

demidar

Yep and that probably makes a big difference. The impressions I have heard of the demo a really positive so far. Also watched Sterling play through it and it looks promising. Mighty No. 9 never looked good in any showing of the actual game.

I didn't even know the game had Dawn/Aria's monster soul collecting system. Dat shit is good.

Tubobutts

Wonder if they will do anything for Austin's last day?

Edit: I feel like the MN9 hate is overblown at this point. It's not a good game but I have seen multiple developers take shots at the game to promote their own. It's getting a bit silly
They said they were planning a stream and Vinny (jokingly) mentioned Crusader Kings.

Xater

I didn't even know the game had Dawn/Aria's monster soul collecting system. Dat shit is good.

You can tell they understand what people love about these games and put it all in there.

MN9 right from the start went into a questionable direction with the dodge absorption thing. I wanted a Mega Man-like and was immediately disappointed when I saw that.

repeater

Absolutely. It's just a pile-on at this point. I can certainly see the temptation myself, but some people are just having a bit TOO much fun with this failure for my own taste.

38BSxm.png

Rorie <3
A sobering story about the financial dangers of regular Dark Showers. (Mental, social and physical dangers already well documented.)

oti

Banned
Listening to GB talking about the Mario movie, Ryan is repeatedly telling Brad to shut up. I miss Ryan.

Shut up Brad

BTW: Is there like a Pawlowschesque reaction of Dan having to tell anyone what he likes to eat when something like "tongue" comes up? Dan, we know. It's time to move on.

Guess Who

Banned
Listening to GB talking about the Mario movie, Ryan is repeatedly telling Brad to shut up. I miss Ryan.

Shut up Brad

BTW: Is there like a Pawlowschesque reaction of Dan having to tell anyone what he likes to eat when something like "tongue" comes up? Dan, we know. It's time to move on.

Dan will not rest until the entire world has heard the gospel of St. Taco Bell and Pope Red Vines

Tubobutts

Are Twizzlers the Anti-Pope or the Patriarch?

When did the Great Licorice Schism happen?

Are Doritos some sort of Archbishop?

Cardinal Nacho Cheese?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Salt has nothing to do with it. Liquorice is black and made with liquorice root.

And salty liquorice doesn't (generally) even have salt in it.
I've been confused about that. Americans call candy liquorice when it's not made from, well, liquorice? That explains it, I guess.

LiK

The entire top ten E3 games of GB discussion was so similar to a GOTY discussion especially when Jeff was reading off their list. I don't recall them doing this before.

I got some red vines for the first time not along ago because of GB praise. I thought they were trash.

After trying some American chocolate recently as well I'm convinced that US citizens have low standards for sweets.

I'm with you but at the same time I have no problem with calling white chocolate (which is the best) chocolate so maybe I'm a hypocrite.

At least it's pretty much always explicitly called white chocolate and not just chocolate. For example you wouldn't hear people saying "I like chocolate. But not the brown stuff."

Anyway, important topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom