• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of this stunt casting sounds really terrible.

It seems like a bad move for a game that's basically trying to hearken back to Snatcher to get guys like Jim Sterling and Xavier Woods when part of the charm of Snatcher is that they had voice actors that you never heard of doing a great job with it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It seems like a bad move for a game that's basically trying to hearken back to Snatcher to get guys like Jim Sterling and Xavier Woods when part of the charm of Snatcher is that they had voice actors that you never heard of doing a great job with it.

The problem I have is that I know some of thse folks, so I wouldn't be able to hear them as anybody else. I doubt people in this thread could listen to that green...lady (?) and not constantly think about Dan.

Fantastapotamus

I'm so ready to complain about terrible and disappointing deals and then buy a bunch of games I'll never play.
Only 20 minutes till the Steam sale starts

Axiom Verge (11.99), Oxenfree (9.99), Dying Light (29.99), Azure Striker Gunvolt (7.49), Lost Planet 2 (assuming the single player is ok? 4.99) and DMC4SE (14.99).

I don't really want to spend more than $50, what should I pull the trigger on?

Fantastapotamus

Axiom Verge, Oxenfree, Dying Light, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Lost Planet 2 (assuming the single player is ok?) and DMC4SE.

Not Lost Planet 2. It's not that good. I thought Axiom Verge was pretty mediocre, but others loved it.

daveo42

Banned
The Mighty No. 9 credits are 4 hours long. I should write them and ask that my name be taken off the project.

That's alot of disappointed backers. I think FFXIV: ARR had a real long credit sequence, but you could move to a specific letter to see your character name if you stuck around during the final days of FFXIV.

Holy shit, where is that "Long credits" thread?
Is that longer than the game itself?

YQgvVtZ.gif

I think this steam sale will be my stocking up on good laptop games to play during quiet days at work.

I am thinking...

Stardew Valley
Final Fantasy 8
A random Civ game so I can finally try that.

And Maybe...
Baldur's Gate EE
Morrowind

Tubobutts

Axiom Verge (11.99), Oxenfree (9.99), Dying Light (29.99), Azure Striker Gunvolt (7.49), Lost Planet 2 (assuming the single player is ok? 4.99) and DMC4SE (14.99).

Extending your GiantBomb.com premium membership doesn't cost more than $50

Stop trying to trick people into buying garbage
Oh wait never mind

Damn good. Don't know if this one is posted yet though, Giant Bombcast Animated (Kinda) - Terrible Game Ads, it's amazing.

#Followthemoney

Looks great, though it's funny that whoever captured the video is, like, actively trying to speedrun a demo.

It is indeed what you mentioned.

Umbrella Corps looks so... goofy.

It looks like a shittier version of Operation Raccoon City.

Salarians

I finished Oxenfree the other night. I like a lot of the concepts behind the game but the end result just didn't click like I thought it would. Ultimately I think it was the characters that broke it for me. Alex (your character) and Jonah are fine, but I still felt pretty ambivalent towards them. Nona is a nothing person and the other two were actively annoying. And at times the writing makes it feel like the characters either don't realize or don't care about how serious the situation has become, which kind of brought me out of it.

I really wanted to like the game but it just didn't come together for me. That said, there are some cool scenes and ideas here and the soundtrack is great. And I know a lot of people love the game so it might be worth it for you.

justjim89

I really hope we get a Powerbombcast soon, lot's to talk about with wrestling these days.

Also, Austin better still be a regular on the Powerbombcast!

lol 10 minutes in Brad is already really Bradding it up.

Game itself seems fine aside from the bland visuals.

On the whole it looks boring, which is a shame. There's alot of cheap deaths from what I read as well. It seems to me you're better off playing Mega Man 9 & 10 if you wanted a recent Mega Man game.

e: Only exciting thing about it is the soundtrack.

ArjanN

Watching more of the Mighty No 9 quick look Brad and Dan failing to think of more than like 4 kickstarter games is honestly pretty embarassing.

Darkest Dungeon, FTL, Banner Saga, Shadowrun, Volgarr, Risk of Rain, just to name some games Giant Bomb, you know, played a whole bunch of.

Brad sums it up pretty well at the "end": "Its not horrible, but you probably shouldnt play it and i played it pretty bad"

My point was more that it seems like an OK enough Mega Man-like game, divorced from the all the backer drama.

The quick look also convinced me that Brad probably would be super frustrated if he played any of the early MM games again. The bosses in the old MM games either melt in 3 seconds if you use the right gun, or are awful trial and error bullshit full of untelegraphed moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom