• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

So what's going to stop Hitman from winning GOTY?
Not "what", "who":

7KIzS5w.gif

Give you a hint - it's got four letters and rhymes with room.
You're right. That game has been out of my periphery for awhile now so I blanked on it. That's probably the favorite.

Hitman should benefit from having such a long tail but Doom is probably #1 for Jeff and Brad and everyone on staff will likely have played it to completion which is super rare for the site. Both are great choices.

Xater

The story in Deus Ex has always been nonsense, but that is kind of a shame

For me Deus Ex was always more about fun stealth gameplay with a decent story. I'm a big Deus Ex fan and I wouldn't consider any of the stories particularly great. The first one is a mess if you go back to it.

Brad is getting better at Hitman but he still has no idea when he is trespassing or what the dots on the mini map mean so it's still great.

I think he must have a blind spot for the bottom left of the screen. Maybe Jason put a sticker there or somethinng.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The story in Deus Ex has always been nonsense, but that is kind of a shame

Such a huge surprise too. Who could have imagined the aug lives matter/robotic apartheid storyline wouldn't be interesting.

Oh.

Everyone?

Right. Everyone. Forgot about them.

LiK

i honestly never cared about Human Revolution's story much. it was actually pretty bad, iirc. but i loved the stealth gameplay. so i'll go into Mankind Divided the same way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The only story thing I remembered about hunan revolution was the homeless lady talking jive and punching the hip hop dancer in the face.

LiK

listening to Beastcast, yep, NMS will not be in top 10 at all. bet it'll be in most disappointing. maybe not the winner but runner-up at least.

Meneses

Have they said exactly what that Summer Games stream will be? All i've heard was Danny is probably making an appearance.

Trying to decide if i'm getting home early to watch it, but if it's just that Overwatch crap i'll just skip it.

jbug617

Banned
Have they said exactly what that Summer Games stream will be? All i've heard was Danny is probably making an appearance.

Trying to decide if i'm getting home early to watch it, but if it's just that Overwatch crap i'll just skip it.

Dan tricks them and plays Mario Party with the NYC crew.

Xater

Remember when in HR it seemed like it was going to be a corporate espionage story and then it went full illuminati?

I cannot wait for what the fuck Mankind Divided does and just pray that it doesn't end with button choices.

Well it was bound to go there. I mean that's the main thing of Deus Ex.

MG310

listening to Beastcast, yep, NMS will not be in top 10 at all. bet it'll be in most disappointing. maybe not the winner but runner-up at least.

SFV probably became unstoppable after they dropped the story mode and added a new layer of disappointment months later.

Unless remasters are allowed in which case Activision broke Jason's heart. Has me worried about that CoD 4 remaster too.

NMS probably won't get Most Disappointing, but only because I never got the sense any of them were all excited for it at all.

SFV's got this locked down.

LiK

I haven't listened yet, but Alex gave some of the most positive impressions I've heard last week. Surprised to hear the tone changed so much.

Vinny's rant was pretty good. Yea, they got super critical about it. Not gonna spoil much for you guys here. We'll discuss it later.

SomberOwl

you gotta listen to today's Beastcast. they'll def get it into the running.

Haven't listened yet, but is Dan the one that had probably didn't have his expectations in check going into the game? Like the other guy sad most of them seemed to be pretty tepid on it before it came out and knew what to expect.

Speaking of being excited for games, what does the whole of GB seem excited about for the rest of the year? Jeff seems excited for Titanfall 2 but what about everyone else? Haven't really got the sense of excited for anything else. Not much for Mafia 3, Watch_Dogs 2, COD, Battlefield 1, Dishonored 2, and so on.

BearPawB

Banned
I haven't listened yet, but Alex gave some of the most positive impressions I've heard last week. Surprised to hear the tone changed so much.

I don't think his tone really changed.
He basically says "i like it a lot...would not be surprised if not many people like it as much as i do"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom