• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This hitman map boring or are they just missing all the cool stuff?

The map itself is quite good, but this specific mission is a little bit lackluster. There's a lot of cool ways to kill the rockstar, but his lawyer has like...three simple eliminations besides just "murder him"

I really want to see what they do with elusive targets on the map though

FStop7

Banned
This hitman map boring or are they just missing all the cool stuff?

Boring for streaming purposes. Fun to play, though. It's like a complex set of knots. You have to methodically pick away at it until things loosen up.

I don't want to spoil anything but I found I had to do some complex stuff (mini heists,basically) to set up the actual assassinations. I had a lot of fun with it and I'm going to try to get full mastery of this stage.

But like I said... not so fun for streaming purposes. People everywhere, no room for fast and loose craziness.

Lunar FC

The map itself is quite good, but this specific mission is a little bit lackluster. There's a lot of cool ways to kill the rockstar, but his lawyer has like...three simple eliminations besides just "murder him"

Yeah, I really feel that the elusive targets are just way more interesting from a gb content point of view. I don't find dropping a toilet on somebody as hysterical as Dan does. But the tension of not dying in a elusive target mission is so fun to watch.

His lawyer got the short end of the stick.

RVzzreY.png

This adventure capitalist quick look is great! I demand more quick looks of idle games.

I keep saying there's no point to continue playing, then I turn of the game and am met with soooooo much money. I think its genius that they let the game "continue" even when the PS4 is off.

The next patch for No Man's Sky is up, but they've yet to say what the patch is consisted of. All Sean Murray is saying is that the PC version 'adds support for more hardware [and] improves frame rate at low spec," while the PS4 patch "improves stability [and] lots more.' http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/18/new-no-mans-sky-pc-ps4-patch-now-available I wonder what Sean considers "lots more".

The best patch notes are the vague ones. He wants everyone to discover what was changed, explore the code if you will.

I'm in California on business for the first time in 20 years and I've eaten In-N-Out, Del Taco and had some sour beers here in Anaheim in my 24 quick trip. My stomach is never going to forgive me.

I hope Shrier doesn't go to Vice
a495179441c1445c02fd2b04857f018f.png

'crown jewel' are yall for real

Yeah...Gawker was a trashy site.

While yeah, I understand the sentiment that Billionaires shouldn't be suing media sites willy nilly, that's not what happened here. Gawker, aside form the Hogan tape, has had a history of releasing disgusting tripe as 'news'.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
now was it the vindictive billionaire you outed on the internet or the vindictive millionaire you posted nonpermitted private material at his most exposed? i just want to work this part out.

LiK

I like Schreier but he and everyone else at Kotaku always defends Gawker even for shitty things they do. Just because you work for them doesn't mean you need to be shills for them.

BearPawB

Banned
I like Schreier but he and everyone else at Kotaku always defends Gawker even for shitty things they do. Just because you work for them doesn't mean you need to be shills for them.

Yeah, I think Jason is a real smart guy and generally a class act.
But they have all been full Gawker defense force.

Like, no one can admit they did some real shitty things
And wrote some real shitty articles

This is my all-time favorite awful Gawker article
http://gawker.com/the-worst-tweets-of-2015-1747938447

Ill give Patrick credit for knowing to nother really comment on that stuff.

Jason needs to just drop the subject. It's a bad look for a smart guy like him. I guess it's the whole American freedom of the press = we can say whatever the fuck we want and ruin whoevers life we want because FREEDOM thing or something?

FStop7

Banned
"So we have to kill the fixer dude and Jared Leto. I'm excited!"

Ill give Patrick credit for knowing to nother really comment on that stuff.

Jason needs to just drop the subject. It's a bad look for a smart guy like him. I guess it's the whole American freedom of the press = we can say whatever the fuck we want and ruin whoevers life we want because FREEDOM thing or something?

Tabloid press, maybe. Credible press takes ethics pretty seriously. The Jayson Blair and Rick Bragg scandals shook the New York Times very hard.

And for what it's worth - no press is as nasty and dirty as the UK tabloid press. Which is the mindset that Nick Denton brought to Gawker.

If you look at the past century I'd say there are two names that stand as the best and worst of what journalism can be. The best being Edward R. Murrow and the worst being William Randolph Hearst. It's pretty clear which side Gawker modeled itself after.

Mr. F

Banned
Fucking come on Schreier lol.

Exactly. It was kind of exhausting seeing Patrick try to play to both sides damage control-wise when the Hogan stuff started to blow up.

edit; edited for accuracy, remember seeing more than one instance but might be buried in direct tweets

Dan should go to the Fulton street shake shack and then I'll hang out with him in the Fidi

edit: my only on the record position for this gawker stuff will always be: "deadspin is perfect and should never change"

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah I just went through the Gawker thread in OT to look at Jason's posts....

Jesus, fuck that... It's nothing new from him bust still.

Megasoum

Banned
I think the outing of that one executive last year was worse, considering he was a pretty high up guy at a direct competitor of Gawker. I remember Patrick all but calling out Gawker for that back then.

That executive is the guy that founded Hogan's lawsuit. Jason has been bashing that guys for months now.

Tagyhag

I understand being angry and feeling like its unfair to be hit with a $140 million blow, but Gawker, at least how it operated currently, brought this upon themselves. Nick Denton is not someone who I feel sorry for, he's the one who threw the first stone and decided to keep throwing them while Hogan asked him to stop.

Yes it looks like it sets a scary precedent for Thiel and people like him, but if someone that big does something to bring them down, journalists will know, and the truth won't be hidden by the fear of lawsuits.

This obviously isn't black/white but I don't believe there's any way to justify what Gawker has been doing for a while. Even just saying "Oh I don't agree with it either, but it's about the principles!" isn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom