• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

I liked Yahtzee a few years ago but kinda got tired of his thing. He's alright.

I don't think he'd fit in with GB at all, though I could be wrong.

Also, I can't remember any interaction with GB, so this is probably a complete waste of speculative juice.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm not huge on roguelikes, but I might snag Heart and Slash. It looks like it might work for me the same way Necrodancer did, by having actual second to second gameplay that I enjoyed in addition to the randomized runs

oti

Banned
I liked Yahtzee a few years ago but kinda got tired of his thing. He's alright.

I don't think he'd fit in with GB at all, though I could be wrong.

Also, I can't remember any interaction with GB, so this is probably a complete waste of speculative juice.

Another one was when he said he doesn't want anyone to call him by his real name since he wants to be called Yahtzee.

Yeah no, I don't need this.

I edited a part out involving a story about a helicopter crash. I'm sure she said it but it will be next to impossible to dug this out again before anyone asks, so I'll just remove it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got banned for making fun of the 8 million ranty british video game youtubers that are so witty so I don't know if that works out

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hXbJqbJ.gif

sKIpP.jpg

yahtzeepost1.jpg

You can't make this shit up

Strax

yahtzeepost1.jpg

You can't make this shit up

Well he doesn't wear hats anymore because of posts like this, heh.

I think that's mostly the British game critics that move to the US

they all think they're the voice of reason just because they have an accent and therefore think they are smarter than you

It's shocking how it describes those 3 atleast

To be fair Jim and Yahtzee are smarter than most in regards to video games, especially Yahtzee.

Zaph

I think that's mostly the British game critics that move to the US

they all think they're the voice of reason just because they have an accent and therefore think they are smarter than you

It's shocking how it describes those 3 atleast

Please keep all 3

Our apologies,
UK

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
say whatever you want about jim sterling, but holy moses he looks like a tool in his videos

That's incredibly deliberate though. Jim's entire thing is purposefully looking like the biggest buffoon possible, like when he ends a video with "thank god for me" followed by twenty seconds of awkward stammering

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What's a good UK video game outlet if you like to watch videos? I only know VideogamerTV and the UK part of Gamespot.

I'm typically wary of following the buying advice of someone who came of age playing "home computers" instead of console games. This includes most British people and also Jeff Gerstmann. There's too great a disconnect in our preferences.

Giganteus

That Titanfall 2 alpha did nothing for me.

Except the grappling hook. That was fun.
The rest is baffling design decisions.
Definitely some weird design decisions I noticed. Seemed like a more flawed Titanfall 1, which kind of surprised me. I was expecting a more solid experience. But hey, the game's not out, yet.

I haven't played the game but, apart from the animals, what is so different from release? Seems very similar from an outside perspective.

There's way more activity, animals interact in ways they don't do in-game (their behaviors in-game are laughably simplistic), a dogfight goes from space into a planet's atmosphere (this literally cannot happen, ships will break off pursuit once you get into a planet's atmosphere, it might as well be a different instance), the environment looks way more lush and interesting than anything I've seen in-game (there's something resembling an actual mountain in the background, the most you get is shitty, rounded hills because their engine doesn't do actual mountains), the fleet that warps in in space is HUGE and in-game it's only ever 3-4 ships at once...

We were sold a bill of goods. But that wouldn't matter if the game was actually good but it's not. The most shallow, boring, repetitive garbage, and it's not even pretty if you ask me.

Tubobutts

There's way more activity, animals interact in ways they don't do in-game (their behaviors in-game are laughably simplistic), a dogfight goes from space into a planet's atmosphere (this literally cannot happen, ships will break off pursuit once you get into a planet's atmosphere, it might as well be a different instance), the environment looks way more lush and interesting than anything I've seen in-game (there's something resembling an actual mountain in the background, the most you get is shitty, rounded hills because their engine doesn't do actual mountains), the fleet that warps in in space is HUGE and in-game it's only ever 3-4 ships at once...

We were sold a bill of goods. But that wouldn't matter if the game was actually good but it's not. The most shallow, boring, repetitive garbage, and it's not even pretty if you ask me.

I had ships follow me into atmosphere and keep attacking me. I even landed and got out of my ship and when I got back in they started attacking me again.

I finally dug my old monitor out of the basement and set up dual monitors. Just spent the entire day playing the witcher while simultaneously catching up on GB content, watching the pokemon finals, and now watching the LCS.

This is a game changer, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom