• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Beastcast thought:

I'm pretty sure Dan is the only person anywhere, and I'm including Tom Cruise in this, who actually likes The Last Samurai.

Bonus thought - good for Alex for dismissing Mission Impossible 3 and identifying MI1 as a classic.

Huh? The Last Samurai is a widely liked movie.

Scizzy

The only times I've seen anyone mention The Last Samurai lately is to mock it as one of the more tone deaf white savior movies of recent years. Also, it's too long and Cruise is absurd in it. Good swords though.

Best Cruise performance, by the way, is Collateral and the best Cruise movie is Collateral, Eyes Wide Shut, or A Few Good Men.

Ashby

I wonder how many listeners that use SJW as an epithet lost respect for Vinny when he mentioned that his wife didn't take his name.

Jintor

I wonder how many listeners that use SJW as an epithet lost respect for Vinny when he mentioned that his wife didn't take his name.

Hopefully those listeners have fucked off by now, but I would guess from their comments sections that's probably not the case

santeesioux

With the personality of a stale fart. Well he might be okay now, haven't heard anything since O&A split.

I hadn't listened since a couple of years before Anthony got fired, but now people want Norton to have a show with Sam after his Opie and Jim contract is up in October because they have more chemistry than Opie and Jim does. Of course, everyone hates Opie now, so it might have something to do with that.

The only time I'd heard of someone with the name Glass is the guy The Revenant is based on. Glass is a fucking cool name and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

tonka

I hadn't listened since a couple of years before Anthony got fired, but now people want Norton to have a show with Sam after his Opie and Jim contract is up in October because they have more chemistry than Opie and Jim does. Of course, everyone hates Opie now, so it might have something to do with that.

I recognise several of these words as proper nouns, but aside from October, I haven't got a clue what you're on about.

On topic, I thought it really weird that nobody mentioned bake-a-lar as a possible pronunciation of Jeff B's surname

Nerokis

One Beastcast thought:

I'm pretty sure Dan is the only person anywhere, and I'm including Tom Cruise in this, who actually likes The Last Samurai.

Bonus thought - good for Alex for dismissing Mission Impossible 3 and identifying MI1 as a classic.

Between this and the people who responded to EA's remaster announcement with "wait, I thought no one liked remasters", I'm thinking that we should stop acting like we know what the entirety of humanity likes. :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I didn't even know that was a common thing honestly. My mom never took my father's last name.

Looking up on it this seems like a Chinese thing for women to keep their maiden names.

Joeku

I've always thought the idea of coming up with an all-new last name when getting married was a rad idea.

There'd probably be a lot of Targaryens if a lot of people did that, though. That's kinda lame.

I've always thought the idea of coming up with an all-new last name when getting married was a rad idea.

There'd probably be a lot of Targaryens if a lot of people did that, though. That's kinda lame.

Right? I'm never going to marry a woman who isn't willing to become a Manderly

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
fuck last names

get rid of em. Jeff saying they need to force people to use their real names. I'm saying the opposite. EVERYONE should go by their handle.

Novocaine

I stopped listening after the split. They are not as funny apart. I thought everyone always hated Opie, I thought he was pretty alright though. Yeah maybe Sam has gotten better, I dunno.

Megasoum

Banned
Last Samurai is good

All the Mission: Impossible movies except 2 are great (last one was just "good" I guess).

Anyway they forgot the most important Tom Cruise movie.... Collateral!

santeesioux

I stopped listening after the split. They are not as funny apart. I thought everyone always hated Opie, I thought he was pretty alright though. Yeah maybe Sam has gotten better, I dunno.

Apparently Anthony went full on political crazy with his podcast network, and with Opie in the lead the other show is targeting your parents as an audience, so both sound meh. I get more enjoyment out of reading the insane fan subreddit that hates everyone involved with the universe outside of the late great Patrice O'Neal, Colin Quinn, Ron and Fez, and Norm MacDonald.

Rorie should really spend his time on a Alpha Protocol lets play rather than this WoW nerd shit. On a similar note should I play through the 999 series despite not liking too many animies because I trust you guys?

Never trust an anime.

3NC7j2p.gif

Novocaine

Apparently Anthony went full on political crazy with his podcast network, and with Opie in the lead the other show is targeting your parents as an audience, so both sound meh. I get more enjoyment out of reading the insane fan subreddit that hates everyone involved with the universe outside of the late great Patrice O'Neal, Colin Quinn, Ron and Fez, and Norm MacDonald.

Yeah Anthony has gone crazy. Tried listening to him but I just can't do it. O&J is boring now. If I want to listen I'll just go back to classic stuff with Patrice Louie CK or Bill Burr.

Hit that magic number.

Am3KTdz.png

Also, Dan's face reminded me that the Arkham City remaster is going real good.

One Beastcast thought:

The Last Samurai is an alright movie, I enjoyed it. It's obviously Dances With Wolves(far superior film) set in Japan.

fuck last names

get rid of em. Jeff saying they need to force people to use their real names. I'm saying the opposite. EVERYONE should go by their handle.

I'm with Jeff when it comes to people using their real names. At the same time though, as a guy from the middle east(Kuwait) I do sometimes wonder what foreign people think when they hear my name.

Did the gus ever interact with the 360 Uno at any point? On camera?

They did in 2010. It's a shame that the new Uno is what it is but I still got it, great little game to catch up with buddies.

Rorie should really spend his time on a Alpha Protocol lets play rather than this WoW nerd shit. On a similar note should I play through the 999 series despite not liking too many animies because I trust you guys?

I got a 3DS and 999 because of the guys here and Vinny.

It's mostly for Rhythm Heaven Remix but those reasons definitely pushed me over the edge to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom