• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Remember when GBeast had an extra stream on Wednesday where we could choose what game they would play.

And now we have nothing.

HitDEAST idea.
Community votes on how to kill a target.
Dan has to fullfill the task on the hardest difficulty. No matter how long it takes.

Good content.

Remember when GBeast had an extra stream on Wednesday where we could choose what game they would play.

And now we have nothing.

The community kept pestering them to play Life is Strange so they stopped in fear that they'd have to play something as terrible as that again.

The community kept pestering them to play Life is Strange so they stopped in fear that they'd have to play something as terrible as that again.

1Gfbw0c.gif

Then you should probably watch them.

I even forgot to mention Kim Justice. I'd probably kick off Super Best Friends for her. Does amazing documentary style features.
Eehh... I only barely have enough time to keep up with Giant Bomb, I don't need more e-celebs to follow.
I only know RLM and Sterling though I'm kinda getting a bit tired of Jim. I wish he would do some different things than "Here are a bunch of bad Steam games nobody has ever heard about" on a more regular level. Cause most of those games are just boring to watch after some time.
I've seen enough random video game YouTuber videos to think they're probably not for me in general.

Rainmaker

Banned
The only thing I've gotten into outside of Giant Bomb was Red Letter Media but I've recently come to the conclusion that I don't like any of those guys except for Jay so I've quit watching.

Curufinwe

I'm getting flashbacks to when Jeff put the Beast guys off Life Is Strange in the GotY discussions by saying he read where the story went on a wiki and didn't think it was good.

Strax

Pretty amazing. I only had 2 maybe 3 rainy days (in three weeks), lots of cool things to see, friendly people and I could go outside without immediately sweating. Beautiful country, really. Food was pretty expensive though (a beer costs like 8€, around here it's like 2-3€) and some streets are like 50% hole, 50% street. But overall I loved it in Iceland. I really wanna go there again at some point.

The only thing that made me feel bad was how great everybody's english was. Cause mine is still terrible. Well, that and that I won't be able to remember the name of 99% of the places I've been.

Edit: WAIT! I forgot something! I almost got punched in the face by somebody cause for some reason we were discussing whether fairies are real or not. That was kinda weird.

Haha great you had good time besides that beatdown scare.
Also fuck the food prices here.

Yeah, the Contradiction playthrough was something special.

I'm afraid a followup to that game will really lose the charm though. There was an earnestness that I think has already been lost due to their self-awareness after the release.

Strax

Yeah, the Contradiction playthrough was something special.

I'm afraid a followup to that game will really lose the charm though. There was an earnestness that I think has already been lost due to their self-awareness after the release.

I think it was pretty clear to everybody involved what this would be. This was 100% on purpose.

justjim89

The Life is Strange playthrough was so good.
Even though they chose the wrong ending.

There's so much good shit in the new Hitman level I almost wish they'd do a second run through of it, or at least Brad to play more of it on his own time. You can
fumigate the lobby with poison so everyone in it, including the lawyer, passes out. You can poison Jordan Cross's birthday cake and as he dies, he dies believing his own dad had ordered him to be poisoned. You can get Jordan to push the lawyer out of a window and then push Jordan out the same window.

So what would you guys think of Danny going to Austin's new site? He seemed to like to do his longform video stuff and may want to move on from Gamespot at this point.

Am I way late to this speculation?

There's so much good shit in the new Hitman level I almost wish they'd do a second run through of it, or at least Brad to play more of it on his own time. You can
fumigate the lobby with poison so everyone in it, including the lawyer, passes out. You can poison Jordan Cross's birthday cake and as he dies, he dies believing his own dad had ordered him to be poisoned. You can get Jordan to push the lawyer out of a window and then push Jordan out the same window.

You can also straight up
smother Jordan in the cake in front of all of the singing guests and drown the lawyer in his toilet dressed as a bellhop while he's bitching about your poor cleaning job
. It's great.

Patryn

So what would you guys think of Danny going to Austin's new site? He seemed to like to do his longform video stuff and may want to move on from Gamespot at this point.

I think if Danny was going to move anywhere it would be to Giant Bomb, which I have a feeling would be happy to have his videos.

But dude has an undying love for Gamespot. I get the sense that it was his dream job, and he's holding onto that dream even if it isn't the same site as it was during its heyday.

I also don't believe that Vice is really looking for that much salaried staff. I get the sense that it's much more going to be relying on freelancers.

In addition, I don't expect it to still exist in 5 years (sorry Austin :().

BearPawB

Banned

I think Danny would definitely want to do it.
It seems gamespot has been depressing him for awhile.

I think if Danny was going to move anywhere it would be to Giant Bomb, which I have a feeling would be happy to have his videos.

But dude has an undying love for Gamespot. I get the sense that it was his dream job, and he's holding onto that dream even if it isn't the same site as it was during its heyday.

I also don't believe that Vice is really looking for that much salaried staff. I get the sense that it's much more going to be relying on freelancers.

In addition, I don't expect it to still exist in 5 years (sorry Austin :().

The existing in 5 years part is what makes me think more about the Danny hire. Austin could think, fuck it I'm going to get as many GB fans that's possible while trying to do my own thing. Austin/Patrick/Danny at a website together? Get a video person in there and you basically have GB 2.0.

Xater

The existing in 5 years part is what makes me think more about the Danny hire. Austin could think, fuck it I'm going to get as many GB fans that's possible while trying to do my own thing. Austin/Patrick/Danny at a website together? Get a video person in there and you basically have GB 2.0.

Danny is a video person.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who could make a game with them? Really looking forward to that stream since that unsure announcement during the Beastcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom