• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually blowing my mind. Like, they're just clicking things and setting values like "Jump Strength"! What tools are these? It seems so straightforward!

Is it me or hasn't Vinny or Brad tried making a small game with Unity years ago? Like, around the time the Wii U came out. I have this memory of one of them talking about having downloaded Unity and trying it out.

chogidogs

That's further than I got!

I think my next foray will be with trying Unreal Engine 4's VR tools, which seem fucking awesome.

Maybe I'll look into that too. To be honest the 3d stuff was the most intimidating stuff for me. You can make dumb games like these in Flash (not as user friendly at the time) but as someone with no experience in 3d, that seemed like a totally different universe to me.

Not gonna lie, when Patrick's move was announced I did have a little chuckle at Austin's first hire being an established, white editor already in full-time employment.

Looks like Giant Bomb rubbed off on him after all
bZW9fem.png

It felt weird listening to Match3 and hearing Patrick talk about his new hire and Gita talking about how impossible it seems to get a full time job.

This feature is working.

Maybe I'll look into that too. To be honest the 3d stuff was the most intimidating stuff for me. You can make dumb games like these in Flash (not as user friendly at the time) but as someone with no experience in 3d, that seemed like a totally different universe to me.

Oh for sure. I made them mistake of jumping straight into 3D stuff. And now I'm making the mistake of jumping into VR stuff!

Yeah that was a cool video. They have a nice, versatile space to use but the journey they've taken to get there is what I enjoyed most about the video.

It's okay for there to be other video gaming sub-communities!!
Unless it's Super Best Friends

It's a really nice looking studio. I've always found it interesting how KF actually seems to run kind of a tighter ship than GB in spite of no corporate backing.

I could see being part of a corporate structure as a hindrance in every way apart from stability (and costs, although I imagine they aren't subsidised anyway) when it comes to posting internet video content.

Flexibility and creativity is a huge part of it which can be stifled in such an environment.

I think "What if Man Laws Applied to Bears?" from the last Beastcast is not only a great quote but is the best description for this thread since the perceived slights thing.
Haven't started last week's Beastcast yet :(

I do appreciate the suggestion of 'Shovel Shite' from the chat for this game's name.

GameMaker kind of looks like this, and you can do a lot more with it.

There are some great tutorials on youtube and you also see results really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom