• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonka

GB stuff is in 720P? The encode mist be real good cause it looks good on my 4K tv

the "HD" quality downloads have 4000 in the filenames for the quality, so that's 4Mb/s (MB/s???) which, either way, is better than most proper TV companies push out over the air or through their streaming service

FStop7

Banned
Vinny and Drew have talked about this some on GB - like how when Youtube went to "1080p" and later to "4k" how it's kind of a farce since they keep the bit rates constrained.

WE HAVE A DROUGHT!

uFYEMYE.png

Meneses

Deus Ex Quick Look is definitely coming soon, and Jeff also mentioned that the Paragon people were gonna stop by to show the game or something.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
As a complete MOBA non-expert, Paragon feels like by far the best third-person shooter implementation of it.

It felt like the most direct translation of moba to 3rd person shooter. I liked it more than Smite, but I really hated Smite.

Salarians

Well I did say third-person, but honestly, I'd love to hear why.
I think it's because it's an action game first while the MOBA elements are secondary. Smite and Paragon are definitely too MOBA-y for my tastes. There is fun to be had, underneath the questionable design choices and usability issues, but I also couldn't recommend the game. Just too many little issues that add up, which were especially noticeable when playing it after the hyper polished Overwatch beta.

I'd be happy to try another game with a similar action-to-MOBA ratio.

tonka

Even Sergio Agüero has ditched that tired ass undercut.

uhhhhh...

On Topic, coming from a background of being a software developer, it gives me weird feelings to see things like the IDE they were using (I'm pretty sure it can be described as that) on the Beast stream and be like "I haven't seen a single curly bracket" or "the whole thing is saved in one file"

This I suppose is a good thing to abstract the design from the implementation.

Also, AdVenture Capitalist's number continue to go up, someone help me

uhhhhh...

On Topic, coming from a background of being a software developer, it gives me weird feelings to see things like the IDE they were using (I'm pretty sure it can be described as that) on the Beast stream and be like "I haven't seen a single curly bracket" or "the whole thing is saved in one file"

This I suppose is a good thing to abstract the design from the implementation.

Also, AdVenture Capitalist's number continue to go up, someone help me

It's funny to take that and then contrast it to that Uncharted video they did with Cowboy, where he talked about literally optimizing code around the physical hardware arrangement of the PS3's coprocessors. The idea that a project of that scale still micromanages computation on that level is wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom